I love my Zed

davey_83

Worthy of starting a new thread, possibly not but.............

So I've had my 350z for just over four weeks and while I'm not in the car the disklok is on - safety first. With having a new sports GT, family and mates of course want a passenger ride which I'm more than happy to a bilge. However then where does the disklok go? I've had it in the passenger foot well all this time when driving argh.

Well tonight I thought hey long shot, but will a disklok fit in a 350s glovebox - YES. What other car, let alone a sports cars glovebox can house a disklok haha

$T2eC16VHJGwE9n)yTeDtBQvj!iO3Mg~~60_1.JPG

Ahhh the little things

David

Never knew the disklok will fit into the glove box....... B) Mines are on the passenger's foot well most of the time and occasionally in the boot (secured with cargo net). Time to clear out my glove box..... :thumbs:

Edited by veeg33
  • Like 1

I am someone who knows literally nothing about car security. How much security do these steering wheel locks offer? Can a 350Z be hotwired, even though it has an immobiliser? I was always under the impression that the car couldn't be stolen unless they had the keys or put it on a tow truck. Am I wrong?

ok guys, so time to fess up what you do actually use, if anything.

Me, Ive got the straight bar steering lock that hits the windscreen as you try and turn. Obviously not very good, but isnt it about trying to get the thief to move on and try another car thats without one?> (hassle factor) ?

I've also got a disc lock which I stash under the cargo net when not in use. Never even thought about the glove box though so this is a good call. Haha though if I was to put it in there I'd have no further use for the net so it can stay put. Haha

I quite like the idea of a removable steering wheel though. But where do you put it??

I saw a car before with a removable steering wheel and the owner had welded a D-lock type arrangement to the floor of his boot so every time he left the car he just locked the steering wheel in the boot.

Thought that was the best solution I'd seen, ...beats walking around carrying a steering wheel anyway. :lol::D

Have never thought of getting a steering lock. The Zed has always seemed fairly impenetrable to me. I would have thought it was more likely to get nicked if they get hold of your keys somehow.

That's what I always thought too. My thinking was that if they really wanted it they'd just break into my house or jump me when I'm getting into it.