If you cared about your pillion.....would you?

nixy

Me and my other half are on the gixxer on the left of the picture on our way to a bike event. One of those 'arrival photographers' snapped this. The guy in front had just blasted past us at I would say at about 100mph ish on the humber bridge (not the most stable road) and I was stunned to see his other half hanging on for grim death wearing flip flops, a hoodie and leggings.........

image2.png

• Like 1

After learning the hard way i would agree, it was almost instinct to don the gear before i went out, but, a trip to local shops, less than a mile away resulted in, double compound fracture, shattered talus and foot 130 degrees out of position, all because i thought no point, i am only going to the shops :)

:scare:

For those as thick as me,

A pillion is the woman on the back of the bike (had to google it lol) :blush:

The Biker Gang Wenches also enjoy wearing full on Bikini and a pair of Chaps (Something else for you to google Chris)

metalmeshfront.jpg

Its also prob fair to say the majority should NOT be wearing such attire . . its generally not a pretty sight . . but I aint going to tell them, especially with 50+ big hairy biker blokes hanging about :lol:

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but that bike does look like a genuine MotoGP bike for the Milwaukee Yamaha team. Either way, it doesn't matter if he is a professional rider or not. It's not cool!

edit: I think I am wrong, just looks like a liverie

Edited by WINKJ

I don't ride motorbikes and nor will I ever but I do find it hard to believe that people would be so stupid to let their loved ones ride like that.

Maybe if she had read the Brittany Morrow story she wouldn't ride like that again. :dry:

Link: http://rottenxxxronnie.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/extreme-roadrash-original-brittany.html

Shame on her boyfriend/partner though for letting her get on the bike like that with him. :thumbdown:

I could be wrong, but that bike does look like a genuine MotoGP bike for the Milwaukee Yamaha team. Either way, it doesn't matter if he is a professional rider or not. It's not cool!

Not sure how it could be a genuine Milwaukee Yamaha MotoGp bike as there is no such thing.

You might mean the Milwaukee Yamaha from British Superbike though ;)

• Like 1

Not sure how it could be a genuine Milwaukee Yamaha MotoGp bike as there is no such thing.

You might mean the Milwaukee Yamaha from British Superbike though ;)

:lol: it has headlamps. It has pillion seat... so its a road bike with a sticker kit on it to make it look like a race bike.

I have to say, when I was young I didnt tend to think so much about safety on bikes. I remember back in about 1997 I was dating this 20 year old blonde, blue eyed Finnish bird who was pretty hot. She`d go pillion on the back of my ZX7R wearing a short skirt, skin tight leggings/tights/stockings and high heals. Id make sure she had a leather jacket & helmet on but even so, thinking about it now, skin tight leggings are hardly going to offer much protection. Still, it did give the cars following us something nice to look at.

Its only when you crash you realise how vulnerable you are. Fortunately whenever ive crashed ive been fully Dianese`d up.

Still, I think the turning point for me was when I nearly flipped my R1 trying to impress a bunch of young girls at a bus stop. Id just washed it and thought id just take it for a quick spin to warm it up wearing t-shirt & shorts (as you do cos its summer). The front wheel came up a lot quicker than I was expecting in 1st, and im pretty sure the bike was vertical with me hanging on before I stomped on the back brake. Of course, the front end then came down quicker than a hookers drawers on a Friday night, resulting in throwing me forward against the tank with such force that it felt like someone had just hit me in the crown jewels with a sledge hammer. It certainly bought tears to my eyes. From then on, I religiously make sure im wearing the right gear whenever I go out - even when nipping to the shops. :thumbs:

Edited by rabbitstew
  • Like 1