Ferrari F430

Keyser

I got one of those experience day gifts for my birthday, but my birthday is in the winter so been holding it until I could find time and the weather was looking good for it.

Booked it 2 weeks ago for Saturday, We left bright and early and headed up to Silverstone, the weather was spot on had a great drive up in the 370 arrived early and just in time to see a fleet of Radical's racing round one of the circuits (makes me realise how slow I drive mine :lol: )

Cup of coffee and an introduction brief and then over to the track.

Had 4 laps in GT86 to learn the track which I must say was great fun and much to my surprise when I started to get it sideways the instructor just said "nice line" get on the gas earlier :shrug:

I wasn't expecting that but he soon had me braking later hitting every apex with the tyres squealing on each bend - Bloody Fantastic :teeth::D;):lol:

IMO theGT86 is way under powered but beautiful to drive round the track, well balanced, progressive and the feedback is wonderful

Then onto 5 laps in the Fezza - what a machine! very nice the acceleration and the F1 Paddle shift are gorgeous and so smooth.

As with all experience days and driving expensive cars they had the traction control turned to "granny / No excitement" mode so it was almost easier to drive the Ferrari than the GT86 :lol: having said that if you look at the speed difference the Ferrari is doing it all a lot quicker but with better brakes, suspension and really just better everything you really don't notice how quick your going!

To top it off they give you a "White knuckle ride" in a GT86 with a race driver - I'm not saying it wasn't fun but these guys need to know I have been in the passenger seat of the Ginger Ninja on the Nurburgring's Nordschleife circuit with Buster at the wheel :scare:

They are gonna have to try a lot harder to get my pulse racing :lol:

So that was a great morning sorted and as I was only a half hours drive away from Wasso's house it seemed rude to not invite myself over for a coffee and biscuits :lol:

Ended up with Mrs Keyser and myself along with Wasso and (soon to be :scare: ????) Mrs Wasso spending the whole afternoon sitting in the garden drinking coffee, devouring biscuits whilst having a good long chat and generally putting the world to rights (I may have mentioned the war once but I think I got away with it ;) ). I will admit that after a morning doing fun things, spending an afternoon with friends and finding out that same day that the garage build was back on I was in a much better mood than I have been for the last 2 weeks.

Hope you all had a good one as well :thumbs:

The obligatory pics -

GT86 -

IMG_7123_zpsgbigymhf.jpg

Putting her through her paces

IMG_7096_zpsdlzpurnx.jpg

I like this

IMG_7129_zpsb8hev4rn.jpg

My instructor nanny waving goodbye as he had heard about my driving

IMG_7130_zpsdrg1or7h.jpg

Having a blast -

IMG_7150_zps67kvjza1.jpg

_K8_2174_zps1hpxu3il.jpg

_K8_2175_zpsnkvous37.jpg

_K8_2158_zpsk5mqdpua.jpg

To top the day off I even got to see this beauty

20150822_193118_zpswk3o3mdd.jpg

Wasso wouldn't let me drive that though :( he doesn't think I'm ready for the power :blush:

Keyser

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 11

:lol:

Did a similar experience at silverstone a few years back. It was the same as yours but an exige s and 360 challenge. The instructors do encourage you to push the car harder. A lot of members on here say most circuits are the opposite but they were great at silverstone

The last lap as a passenger was awesome

Had a go in a 430 at knockhill earlier this year for my birthday. Amazing machines!

That noise.........

• Like 1

Exact same car I was in earlier this year, also went out in the Aston, you looked so much more comfortable than me though! Those cars just arn't built for 6ft2" plus a lid, I spent all my time with my head pressed into the roofline but still a fantastic drive, we then went onto their Caterhams but with them I found my bum wouldn't fit into the seats.

Glad you had good weather and we're able to fully enjoy the day

• Like 1

Looks like a great day was had and think the Fezza suits you Chris :thumbs:

Well it's my birthday again soon ;)

(I like the red with the quad zorsts, just so you know when you are picking it out)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 2

Defo worth doing it at silverstone if it's not too far from you. Or even if it is- I travelled from glasgow :lol:

My only advice would be get some track days under your belt before you book if you haven't done so already. Silverstone was my first track day experience. I was looking forward to driving a Ferrari and hadn't given the track any thought. When I went it was more about the track than the car and it was over before I knew it. Should've just hired a Ferrari for an hour to go posing on the street :lol: But when I drove the 430 I had done a few track days so I could really appreciate the capability of the car not just the looks

...if that makes sense lol

Defo worth doing it at silverstone if it's not too far from you. Or even if it is- I travelled from glasgow :lol:

My only advice would be get some track days under your belt before you book if you haven't done so already. Silverstone was my first track day experience. I was looking forward to driving a Ferrari and hadn't given the track any thought. When I went it was more about the track than the car and it was over before I knew it. Should've just hired a Ferrari for an hour to go posing on the street :lol: But when I drove the 430 I had done a few track days so I could really appreciate the capability of the car not just the looks

...if that makes sense lol

Oh don't worry cheers I've done plenty of track days, driver experience days, extra driver training etc before. ;)

I've actually been on Silverstone circuit before as I did a Lotus Elise experience day there which was great fun. Just never driven a Ferrari at all so definitely want to try it on an experience day as I know they are a little above my budget when it comes to secondhand car buying. :blush::lol:

• Like 1