Police witch hunt?

RickyZ

Do stupid @*!# pay the price

To be honest i dont blame the police one bit this happened local to me at the weekend

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-33841463

As much as the driver is idiot for doing that @*!# on the street, the unfortunate ones hit by the car are just as ****ing stupid for standing in the location they did and even egging him on

Edited by StevoD

I hope they throw the book at them all. Utter cretins, they ruin everything for the rest of us. This is why car meets are banned in the West Country!

Tbh though, why did the people with them not tell them they're being idiots? These things should self-police a bit more, not just turn a blind eye because it's their mate doing it.

• Like 4

I hope they throw the book at them all. Utter cretins, they ruin everything for the rest of us. This is why car meets are banned in the West Country!

Tbh though, why did the people with them not tell them they're being idiots? These things should self-police a bit more, not just turn a blind eye because it's their mate doing it.

Because unfortunately all these Cruiserz clubs state on there events no driving like dicks yet there the first to do it,

There is no self policing when everyone is trying to one up each other on the Skills BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by StevoD

The police are not demonizing car meets at all, they are simply charging people for driving like utter idiots and hopefully preventing them killing innocent people in the process. Too right they are charging a driver for doing 58mph in a lower speed zone who was driving the wrong way around a roundabout.

Its actually these types of drivers that are creating a bad reputation for car meets, not the police. Take their licences away, impound the cars and let people more interested in cars than speeding at more than x2 the speed limit get on with having safe fun car meets.

• Like 3

So who are these "people", from what i have seen of the driving standards of track sessions at Combe (Japfest and other), dudes filming drifting on the road and putting it on fb etc it seems their one and the same and with the links above, its common practice at meets?

Going to put a disclaimer here so as not to antagonise, this is genuinely how i see meets, hence why i have no interest in attending any, arranged club 350z meets are not linked to the above by the way.

So who are these "people", from what i have seen of the driving standards of track sessions at Combe (Japfest and other), dudes filming drifting on the road and putting it on fb etc it seems their one and the same and with the links above, its common practice at meets?

Going to put a disclaimer here so as not to antagonise, this is genuinely how i see meets, hence why i have no interest in attending any, arranged club 350z meets are not linked to the above by the way.

Local club meets are just a bunch of kids that have their car on PCP or have a cheap beat up car that they roll around showing off. 90% of them would have never touched a track. (this is 90% of the meets, mainly ones that are publicized alll over facebook drawing attention from all over the country) It's the ones you don't hear about which run according to plan and don't cause disruption.

Local club meets are just a bunch of kids that have their car on PCP or have a cheap beat up car that they roll around showing off. 90% of them would have never touched a track. (this is 90% of the meets, mainly ones that are publicized alll over facebook drawing attention from all over the country) It's the ones you don't hear about which run according to plan and don't cause disruption.

I used to do the VW scene many years ago and attended quite a few, they started off well, but after a few years the above behaviour increased drastically, maybe as the popularity grew. I also did loads of bike meets, surprisingly they were the most well behaved, you would get the odd sporadic incident but that was maybe down to over exuberance than absolute disregard to road laws.

There was a bike meet at Odiham first weds of the month, Police were always on hand and to be fair they seemed to turn a blind eye, there was a regular chain of guys wheeling off up the duel carriage way, it was good to watch. Until one night a guy tried, failed miserably and went straight into the crowd, but that was one incident in 5 years i remember.

I used to do the VW scene many years ago and attended quite a few, they started off well, but after a few years the above behaviour increased drastically, maybe as the popularity grew. I also did loads of bike meets, surprisingly they were the most well behaved, you would get the odd sporadic incident but that was maybe down to over exuberance than absolute disregard to road laws.

There was a bike meet at Odiham first weds of the month, Police were always on hand and to be fair they seemed to turn a blind eye, there was a regular chain of guys wheeling off up the duel carriage way, it was good to watch. Until one night a guy tried, failed miserably and went straight into the crowd, but that was one incident in 5 years i remember.

Thing is, times are changing, Social media is a huge impact on the world, say 5-10 years ago, you'd be handing out flyers and telling friends about meeting up.

These days, you create an event online and within minutes you could have a thousand attendee's.

Bigger number = more chance of getting caught and singled out.

I used to live literally 400m away from that meet (the end of Bagwell lane), it was fairly well attended by bikers, public and the police.

• Like 1

Thing is, times are changing, Social media is a huge impact on the world, say 5-10 years ago, you'd be handing out flyers and telling friends about meeting up.

These days, you create an event online and within minutes you could have a thousand attendee's.

Bigger number = more chance of idiots turning up

Fixed

We had this issue with a small local jap club went public and one of our meets just escalated to a car park full of kids in corsa and fiesta revving there engines and BMW e36 doing donuts, We learn't quick keep it private.

escalated to a car park full of kids in corsa and fiesta revving there engines and BMW e36 doing donuts, We learn't quick keep it private.

Absolutely, draw the wrong crowd.

But, there is no way corsas and fiestas are going to be drifting round roundabouts, i appreciate you dont need to spend loads to have something capable of drifting, but you cant just single them out as the problem area, as per your vid of the dude drifting up that hill, who then got all angry on social media.

Not being on fb anymore, i couldnt look, were people supporting that guy? Or as said above, did anyone say, your a pr*ck for driving like that on the road?

escalated to a car park full of kids in corsa and fiesta revving there engines and BMW e36 doing donuts, We learn't quick keep it private.

Absolutely, draw the wrong crowd.

But, there is no way corsas and fiestas are going to be drifting round roundabouts, i appreciate you dont need to spend loads to have something capable of drifting, but you cant just single them out as the problem area, as per your vid of the dude drifting up that hill, who then got all angry on social media.

Not being on fb anymore, i couldnt look, were people supporting that guy? Or as said above, did anyone say, your a pr*ck for driving like that on the road?

they try bless them

Neither of these are our meet just proves that eurobox kids will try anything for attention

Edited by StevoD

Of that i have no doubt :)

But its not just them, its cars like ours, bmws etc

Sorry, but its no wonder we have a bad name :(

OH sorry yea i agree its not the Car its the attitude of the person behind the wheel

but 99% of the people who go driving around the area in the OP link on a saturday night all have the same mind set,

Edited by StevoD

I don't really agree with the misconception that all the people misbehaving are young lads in corsas etc. Yes due to their young age/lack of skill/over enthusiasm they tend to have the most accidents and get caught out more often but they aren't the only "enthusiasts" up to no good.

My local meet has a very wide range of people and vehicles attending and it's heaving every Sunday night. I ended up going for a late night drive in a convoy with a 600bhp R35 GTR, a 400bhp 300ZX and two high power evo's. All driven by working professionals and lets just say it was interesting.

• Like 1