Anyone fancy swapping for an MR2 Turbo?

rs_wlkz

Hi all,

If this is in the wrong section then please move it.

I will soon be in the market for a pre 06 350z... black (may consider grey) UK GT specifically, with Rays wheels and a maximum of around 75,000 miles (I'm picky, I know)

Would anyone like to work out a swap for my well kept MR2? Part exchange + cash is possible.

Revision 3 Turbo

GT Spec

T-Bar

Steel Mist Grey

75,200~

Please see advert for full details: http://www.imoc.co.u...ic.php?t=186472

P H O T O G R A P H S

52A1A46C-8470-4935-9105-598C5E44D672_zpsapjdp6ng.jpg

9A08D676-3146-48F9-9E6D-CAFD8C6E9611_zps8yp2obm1.jpg

EF4490C8-BD16-4BB5-ACC4-BD7AE97AF975_zpsfafzscji.jpg

9913DB00-2420-44F0-9B74-ACC3CEF5A0FB_zpsv6opm7mc.jpg

9941BD91-6C23-430A-8482-C087416897CF_zpspps7klhj.jpg

637D75C8-58C7-4120-807D-3064BDF4F1C5_zps3sjmy8zj.jpg

D398DCC6-3D6E-46CF-86BD-B0E50EDD2C8A_zpsfdfewnqk.jpg

6605379E-6EC7-4D0F-9E9D-073661A9241B_zpsclzluapa.jpg

£7000 on the WORK Equips and £5200 with standard wheels.

I can link anyone interested to my for sale thread but I don't want to step on anyones toes by posting it publicly, feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Ross

Edited by rs_wlkz

Errr ...... I dont want to "that guy" but £7K is pretty high for an MR2, can you tell us why its so much?

And Im sorry, but £1800 for a set of weak size 17 inch Equips with DDC lips is utter madness.

ETA: Bear in mind youre asking for a 350Z that's 11 years newer and probably half the mileage of your car as a straight swap, thats a difficult sell for anyone.

Edited by docwra
  • Like 2

I am not an MR2 expert by any stretch but £7 feels a bit high as the doc says. I see you are talking about putting a link to the sale ad on PM but a very quick few lines on what mods/condition puts the car at £7k? A quick scan through some for sale ads on PH puts the price range between £3 to £6.5k for a low mile fresh import from a dealer. It certainly would help in getting interest.

Just found the link on IMOC - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=186472 assuming you can see it.

General consensus from those that know (and the IMOC lot aren't daft) is that the car is worth the asking price. Personally I think that's bonkers money for a MR2 mk2, even a mildly modded rev3 tubby. 350Z prices have dropped, but the only thing I could consider that a swap for would be an '02 JDM with 100K on the clock.

That said, good luck with the sale, these cars are getting rarer so I hope you find a buyer for it. :)

Errr ...... I dont want to "that guy" but £7K is pretty high for an MR2, can you tell us why its so much?

And Im sorry, but £1800 for a set of weak size 17 inch Equips with DDC lips is utter madness.

ETA: Bear in mind youre asking for a 350Z that's 11 years newer and probably half the mileage of your car as a straight swap, thats a difficult sell for anyone.

Hey man,

Understood the top price is steep, this is reflected in the newly refurbished WORK Equips, they are actually quite a rare style of Equip (babyface) and if you look closer you will notice they are not DDC lips. Refinished in satin silver (powder coated) with polished lips. All bolts replaced with new WORK bolts, valves and stainless serrated nuts. Balanced and fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport 3's. These wheels have been used for around 4 months since refurbishment and are in excellent condition, the tyres have seen around 1500-2000 miles.

The car is a lovely example, good spec, low mileage and is absolutely worth £5200 on standard wheels. The Equips I appreciate may have to be sold separately but I thought I would offer them as personally they look great on the car. £1800 for a set of WORK Equips in excellent condition with nearly new premium tyres is not utter madness, perhaps to you it is but to a wheel enthusiast who appreciates the rarity and costs involved refurbishing 3 piece split rims it is not.

At no point did I say straight swap, I said work out a swap...maybe I should have been more specific, I meant that I could part exchange + cash.

Here is a link to the advert if anyone would like to look http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=186472

Cheers,

Ross

I will do a straight swap with my 370zN for it, here's a picture.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist :lol:

The panel gaps seem all over the place...especially around the doors, are you sure this has been damaged repaired? lol

Edited by rs_wlkz
  • Like 2

£1800 for a set of WORK Equips in excellent condition with nearly new premium tyres is not utter madness, perhaps to you it is but to a wheel enthusiast who appreciates the rarity and costs involved refurbishing 3 piece split rims it is not.

At no point did I say straight swap, I said work out a swap...maybe I should have been more specific, I meant that I could part exchange + cash.

Here is a link to the advert if anyone would like to look http://www.imoc.co.u...ic.php?t=186472

Fair play man, good luck with the sale - as Ekona says, your IMOC boys seem to think its worth the money so Im not going to argue. However, when it comes to wheel enthusiasts:

222710_10150178438078568_622283567_6957582_2546286_n.jpg

That was my cellar about a year ago - at the same time I had a set of Gram Lights 57f fitted to my Onevia, SSR Type C and Gewalts on my driftcar and this on my driveway:

IMAG0306_zps50a1670d.jpg

If the set on my 350 arent worth £1800, Im pretty sure yours arent either. BTW, they are usually called stepped lips, I didnt take a close enough look and thought they were DDCs. Definitely more desirable but I sold a mint set of 10x18's for less than a grand last year. :)

• Like 1

£1800 for a set of WORK Equips in excellent condition with nearly new premium tyres is not utter madness, perhaps to you it is but to a wheel enthusiast who appreciates the rarity and costs involved refurbishing 3 piece split rims it is not.

Here is a link to the advert if anyone would like to look http://www.imoc.co.u...ic.php?t=186472

Fair play man, good luck with the sale - as Ekona says, your IMOC boys seem to think its worth the money so Im not going to argue. However, when it comes to wheel enthusiasts:

222710_10150178438078568_622283567_6957582_2546286_n.jpg

That was my cellar about a year ago - at the same time I had a set of Gram Lights 57f fitted to my Onevia, SSR Type C and Gewalts on my driftcar and this on my driveway:

IMAG0306_zps50a1670d.jpg

If the set on my 350 arent worth £1800, Im pretty sure yours arent either. BTW, they are usually called stepped lips, I didnt take a close enough look and thought they were DDCs. Definitely more desirable but I sold a mint set of 10x18's for less than a grand last year. :)

I appreciate you are into your wheels, Equips are one of the most sought after style of JDM split rim, 17" stepped lip or baby face whatever you like are actually quite rare. Most I have seen go for a grand and are in need of refurbishment so I don't feel my price is unreasonable considering they come with nearly new Michelin Pilot Sports. They may of course not be suited to 350z owners as they are 17".

Anyway, I just thought I would post up the car as I am eager to get a 350z and thought there might be someone with something close to what I am after and looking for a change themselves.

Cheers,

Ross

Edited by rs_wlkz

Having come from the MR2 community, probably like a good few here, I personally think its a tad overpriced. I sold my Rev 3 turbo pushing 305bhp with 328lb/ft torque, mountain of extras, had a full professional restoration and every nut, bolt, washer, clip, rubber replaced with new (Spent over £1500 with Toyota), it had some very rare toys and was considered by the forum as near a brand new MR2 you are going to get.

I was fortunate in getting a buyer who appreicated what went into it, but I struggeld to get near your price. Please dont get me wrong, if you can get that for it fair play to you, I am just expressing my personal opinion as someone who was in the community for over 11yrs and went through a few MR2's.

Wish you all the best in selling it and I really hope you get your asking price and get yourself a zed......You'll love it.

Nice looking motor, and love the wheels

I will do a straight swap with my 370zN for it, here's a picture.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist :lol:

The panel gaps seem all over the place...especially around the doors, are you sure this has been damaged repaired? lol

:lol: you got me! I speced the optional extra wheels too... You like?

Good luck with the z hunt!

Edited by WINKJ

IMAG0306_zps50a1670d.jpg

Loving those wheels. What are they?

Edited by Juggalo

Which way are you expecting cash? To you or to the 350z owner?

That kind of makes a big difference on this being a realistic deal to be honest

To the 350z owner, All the pre 06 350z GT's with a max of 75k on them go for between 6-8k. Without the wheels my car is worth £5,200.

I have a potential buyer coming on Saturday, so may be on the hunt sooner than later.

I have also seen a 350z that I like :)