Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Need a photo when you can please Nix
  2. Think its more useful if you do sports and have an accident. I'm looking to get one of these when I get back on the road bike and commuting: http://www.roadid.com/
  3. Kefs are gone, wonder who to Early xmas AV upgrade
  4. Except that is purely for emissions managment
  5. Happy Birthday all - busy day for birthdays!
  6. Should be noted that I usually pay £15/wheel or less. Last time I got it done by the local wheel place they did it for free
  7. Maybe we have posh southern tyre fitters too
  8. Count yourself lucky, that would cost you ~£80 down my way. Fortunately my work dental cover pays for any work I need doing Then again, my dentist doesnt use amalgam, he uses some funky white resin. And he doesnt just drill out the tooth, he then cleans it out, primer/etches it and then bonds in the resin, and colour matches it to the tooth in question.
  9. Dead easy to find Abbey, my sat nav took me right there
  10. I was thinking the same!
  11. Hope someone is taking good care of the old girl, she served me well
  12. Was great fun watching Ben get wound up in his Evo by the Elise's, they are just sooo much quicker! I think I managed about 75MPH round the corner, TBH I could have gone a smidge quicker. More impressive from the Elise was how quick they are around the handling track.
  13. Speak to Mark and see what he says. He has seen the car first hand, so knows a lot more about it than us. I would suggest disconnecting the throttle controller. It might not be playing nicely with the tuned throttle map and my be causing the car to inadvertantly run rich.
  14. Chris`I

    Lack of grip...

    Nope (a) because I dont need to as I car share with the missus so use her car over the winter and ( I couldnt find the exact sizes either. If I were to go for winter tyres, I would probably get some cheap 18" wheels and get them skinny enough to get winter tyres for them
  15. Hey no spying on me Reckon we can go one better than that and go for an egg
  16. I wouldnt go for anything 4WD if you fancy actually driving the car and steering with the rear. If you want point and squirt fine, but it wont be as fun or challenging as RWD. That for me rules our Scoobies and Evo's. So from the list that leaves 350z and S2k. From what I've heard the S2k is great on track and not too expensive to run so if I was unbias I would lean towards that.
  17. You could have sold it to R800NER for 5 grand! Thats less than I traded it in for and I was robbed with my PX
  18. Saw a prog on the building of the Airbus A380, and they flexed the wings in a test harness 4m vertically On their test bench they flexed it that much non-stop for some insane amount of time to prove it wont break in service. They far exceeded that and were trying to decide whether to now stop testing or keep going and see how long it took to fail! But yes, stresses on one direction cant always be taken in the other and it does depend a lot in this case on what the issue was as to why they had to turn back and land.
  19. No way in hell I would have a 350z as a track car unless I was sponsored. Long and short of it is its more expensive to run and slower/less fun than a lot of cars out there. If you have a special attachement to the Zed in question then thats fair enough (I would love to have kept my old one as a stripped out track car), but starting a fresh theres a lot more out there to consider. At the end of the day though its a personal choice as to why you want to run a specific car. I have a mate that runs an Evo VIII as a track car, and its f'in fast but to me its not as fun as a RWD car you can chuck about. Horses for courses and all that
  20. When I transfered the old mans R6 over to my name I did exactly the same thing and nothing came of it. You should be ok, and if they do investigate then explain and I'm sure they'll be fine with it. They'll be more arsey if they thought you should be taxing it and werent. If they know that it would have been SORN'd anyway they probably wont care.
  21. A heavy landing with the wings full of fuel could over stress them, it's not just a weird excuse! Pffff next you'll be telling me they have to shut down wind turbines in high wind as they cant spin that quick ..... no wait
  22. Chris`I

    Lack of grip...

    Falkens are great tyres for the money, but no summer tyre is going to bode well in near or below 0C temps, the rubber just gets too firm. As you say you can drive for the conditions, but you wont ever be able to get good grip from them without getting the temps up. Thats where winter tyres are better as they are pliable down to much lower temps and have grooves in them to allow the blocks to move and generate more heat
  23. DPreview is very good, but a PITA to navigate. He'll be better off getting a good book and getting out there and practicing
  24. Chris`I

    Lack of grip...

    Shouldnt stop it coming out, just have to be careful as you say. My Zed will be out whenever the sun is out so long as there isnt any snow on the floor (or maybe when there is a light dusting if I dont have the Alfa to hand to drive)
×
×
  • Create New...