-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
They were released here in April/May 2009, so imagine would be a similar time of the year over there. So assumung Japan got them at the same time, we might start seeing some at JDM auctions soon. I seem to remember they have a very strict MOT type test at 3yrs when a lot of people just let their cars go rather than have the test. So we might see imports starting to make an appearance depending on their value over in Japan.
-
I wouldnt move there myself, but I have a family friend thats moved his family out there and appear very happy with it. If it were me and only a shortish stint (few months), I'd go for it, but any longer and I dont think I could take it. The money is very good out there but I think they work you for it. Assuming you are an expert in your field - hence them wanting you - you should be fine. All the better if its on contract so you know when you'll be done.
-
Nah, its just a bit of camber y0! Positive camber FTW!
-
They were released in 2009, not sure what time of year though. Once they hit 3yrs old in Japan they will become more attractive over here as they will be a lot cheaper on the JDM market. Right now its just not worth it as they are selling them relatively cheaply over here for slightly used instances.
-
Nissan service and quote of £2900! & Paint Mopping
Chris`I replied to Lee-Bmth's topic in 350Z General
MOP is basically a hand held polisher that they can use to remove blemishes and gets the paint back to a mirror like finish. Not hard to do at all and if you're lucky there will be a member in your area who can help. TBH though you'll want the whole car doing not just the door otherwise it will be a lot shinier than the rest! You can get a Dual Action polisher and assorted bits for around £100 which would get you going, but sure there is a member somewhere near by with one in which case you can get it done for beer/biscuit tokens -
Found some nature in our garden this morning!
Chris`I replied to Wasso's topic in Off Topic Discussion
A man with similar logic to myself. If you are into MTBs I prefer GT85 to Lynx, it produces a much bigger flame thrower type flame than the bunsen burner type of Lynx -
False advertising and how to deal with it.........
Chris`I replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
That's because it was probably a northern version ChrisI who programmed the wrong link into the page! More than likely, use developers aint very clever -
Happy Birthday Mart
-
From my experience (could be wrong though) the BCM appears to control the lights on the dash. When my BCM died the dash lights all behaved very strangely, flickering before finally just going out! After re-reading the orignal post, it very much points to the BCM. Again when mine gave up the indicators themselves worked but the light on the dash didnt. Likely a new BCM is needed. Make sure you have definately re-plugged in everything properly and they contacts are all good. I seem to remember someone saying the BCM wasnt fused, so if you short across it somehow, you can very easily blow it.
-
Why don't you remember my substantial ICE install couple years ago? How could anyone forget
-
False advertising and how to deal with it.........
Chris`I replied to Ricey's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Glad I dont have to deal with customers. I'd have told you to go swivel and just refunded you -
-
TBH I dont blame wheel places for not touching them. They know instantly its multi-stage and theres no way they can ever work out what colours go into the combination of the 2 colour coats (possibly more) and clear coat to get the right blend. Its hard enough mixing a single metalic to give the right colour. I would go with a dark metallic. Gives a nice finish and a lot easier to touch up
-
The problem with the current wheels is they are a multi-stage type paint. This includes having a base colour then a less solid coat over them. Makes it have a lovely look - from dark grey to silver in some lights - but is a sod to match, as actually theres 2 colours to match - base colour and next colour - and there might even be colouring in the clear coat, so 3 colours to match! And you have to paint them in 3 stages too, no single touch up will ever match. Best bet would be to go for a metallic anthracite colour. You get the flecks of metallic catching the light to give a good look, but its a lot easier to touch in when required as you can just use the single stage paint to do it (technically it should be 2 stage as it shoud be colour + clear coat, but you can mix them together for small touch ups). Ask the wheel place what colour system they use. When I did mine with My Alloys in Basingstoke (on the 350z), they sent me down the road to Brown Brothers where they get their paint from and to have a look at their swatches. I took them all outside and matched them up to the car to get the colour I wanted. Your wheel place should be able to do the same
-
Glad to see GUNS is sorted Col Fully agree with your satisfaction report too, I enjoy my 370z much more than the 350z and Amanda more so with more creature comforts and being auto its very nice as a GT car when we just want to pootle around and like when we headed to France, it was lovely and smooth.
-
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Just need some lycra now Mr AK I have a now unused Tricross in the garage (use the boardman for all road work now) but I think it would be a bit small for you Just ordered myself a small brake upgrade so I can donate my old ones to Amanda. Her Juicy's feel woefully underbraked compared to my Elixirs so have got a slight upgrade for myself courtesy of Merlin (half price!) and will put mine on her bike. Fancied some Hopes or XTs but ideally I want us both to use the same pads and cant afford to upgrade us both. -
When mine went it didnt do that, but I wouldnt rule out the BCM.
-
Please do not do it again as it broke the thread! Think thats it fixed. Please refrain from the use of 1million smilies
-
Looking at the later pic, it looks fine to me. When I had my allignment dont by Mitz guys I had them crank it over more for a more agressive stance and better fast road handling. Unless you are getting excessive wear on the inside I wouldnt worry about it. I dont know the specs off the top of my head, but I assume those Mark posted are within the Nissan limits (or very close). Me and the good lady are just fine, bit of a bump back to earth when you've lived in Business Class and 5* hotels for a week and a half
-
Happy Birthday Did you get him a new jacket and jeans Carla?
-
Is it the same both sides? The second one could be down to a lumpy/uneven car park, but as the others have said its like just the natural camber of the wheels and the tyres may have worn a little unevenly which makes it appear worse. Sure Dazzer can get it on his ramp/jacks and have a look
-
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Thats the loop-the-loop -
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Very nice James. Care to lend it to me for our trip to the Alps? I can break it in nicely for you Andy, in your last pic it looks like they've installed a loop-de-loop on the trail! -
Bedford Autodrome. Went to a trackday with my mate Ben in his Evo, only to hear a black Zed go past A few months later my Leon was sold and I had my 350z on the drive
-
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Could be a good call Can do some distance work on the roadie bikes, the MTBs are like riding sofas after that