Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. See and here in lies the problem with this country. If they enter my property uninvited, to steal from me or my property, they should have no right to "reasonable force" being used for me to defend myself or my properly. I should have every right to use whatever force I see fit. They are entering my property without permission. If I feel they should be shot, then so be it. Bet the feckers would think twice about trying to rob you then
  2. They've obviously monitored the area, this is a very specific robbery, they knew what they were after. It all adds up, this isn't a spur of the moment thing. Fully agree. Wouldnt be supprised if they've monitored the house and knew that there was only a woman and child in the house (I assume that was the case). They knew they'd be able to force their way in and get the keys, and more than likely the front door wasnt even locked. If it had been locked I'd imagine they'd have just knocked and waited for an answer then forced their way in. It was a directed attack for the car they were after, becoming very popular these days which is why our Zed is in the garage most of the time. Its stupid these days how careful you have to be. We live in a cul-de-sac which is very safe, never had any break ins during the 10yrs the houses have been built (and 5 we've been there) but just the other night I was working on MTB (we have 5 bikes between us in the garage) and some chav came wondering past - given this is a dead end road - and said something along the lines of "nice car and bikes mate, can I cut through here to the main road". I said no its a dead end and he had to head back the way he came. Now had this been 10yrs ago, I wouldnt have thought twice about it, but for some reason I still found myself reaching for a breaker bar just in case the little scroat decided he wanted to try and take the car/bikes
  3. I was going to say bet its Mr Wasso
  4. I hope thats not you betting on some inheritance!
  5. Well done boys That pic looks like pics I've seen of LAN parties they had at Uni. Similarly popular
  6. Its still silly cheap money. You wont find a cheaper way other than bank of mum/dad or interest free credit cards. As far as loans go you wont get cheaper. Used mine to buy my Leon Mis-spent, I used mine for bad heads and a few books here and there I worked non-term time for my beer money As for books, we were told not to buy them. In the world of IT they reckoned the books were out of date before they were even printed, let alone before we bought or read them. So everything was done online, so didnt cost a thing!
  7. Its still silly cheap money. You wont find a cheaper way other than bank of mum/dad or interest free credit cards. As far as loans go you wont get cheaper. Used mine to buy my Leon
  8. TGM Sport in Fleet are very good
  9. Although when I went contracting, then back to permie after a couple of years, it took HMRC so long to catch up, the amount I owed by Self Assesment (for contracting) was wiped as I'd already repaid the whole loan via PAYE. Dipshits Was nice to get the overpayment back though, bought myself a new laptop
  10. Spot on Jim. I think it's if you have less than a year or there abouts left you can go DD. No other way to avoid it as its a fixed percentage of your monthly. And Rich, you should be declaring that second income on you tax return then SLC will take the extra from you
  11. Looks like fun. Dont let Al crash into it
  12. If you look at Jez's post information, he's on a dynamic IP, which might be causing problems if the firewall is blocking them. Means there's no single IP where he is posting from
  13. Hence why he is coming down here a little early, but there's lots for him to do down here so long as the weather is half decent! I hear he doesnt want to miss a certain doogy persons leaving drinks
  14. With respect to the UpRev, I beleive Abbey can remove it from the car and flash it back to stock and hold the license then for resale and flash onto another car.
  15. Chris`I

    Rolling Road Day?

    That would be good
  16. TGM Sport in Fleet are good guys. They know their way around Zeds pretty well, especially the handling side of things. Abbey Motorsport are in Oxsted, bit futher away but have more experience of full on Zed work. Jez @ Horsham Developments is a bit futher the other way, but again, knows the Zed inside out. Any of those 3 will sort you out Did WLMG charge you for any work? Thave have a High Performance Centre in Slough who will look after you well if you mention the forum. I know you probably dont want to use another WLMG, but Slough will likely rectify any problems you had with Reading if you talk to them.
  17. About as many it would take to slow you down to our speed should about do it
  18. Get well soon matey
  19. Chris`I

    Rolling Road Day?

    Dont see why, more the merrier - unless you have too much power for the dyno
  20. You and your head angle obsession, I dont know My new Camelbak arrived today. Not sure its quite got as much space in it as they claim, its meant to be the same size as my Blowfish when thats not extended but somehow its definately not the same! Lumbar resevoir is quite nice though, and theres a great pocket in the waist strap for the camera and easy to access on the move.
  21. You cant frame Mr PotatoZed!
  22. Chris`I

    Rolling Road Day?

    My 350z made 240HP@wheels (~280HP@fly according to their fudging), that was with the bonnet down, so I assumed that was a realistic number. A lot of the Evo (MLR) boys I was there with were disapointed, but I think thats just because they fit all their bolt ons and expect silly numbers. I was happy to hit stock numbers (give or take) and was running a pop charger at the time which will have sapped a small amount of power. Intake temps were higher than on the road (read live via CarPC), but not a huge amount from what I remember. Another place we've been before are Surrey Rolling Road. The numbers there seemed a bit hit and miss compared to what people expected. I didnt run my car there as the setup of where it is limited the amount of cars that could be run. Eurospec was very good for a socialble atmosphere.
  23. There goes our OT section
  24. Chris`I

    Rolling Road Day?

    Had my 350z down at Eurospec a few years ago. Was a good crack and they certainly seemed to know what they were doing. I'd pop down if you arranged it there
  25. Awesome. Excellent
×
×
  • Create New...