Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. I would also hazzard a guess that your speedo was reading slightly over 40MPH in all 3 times you've been caught. TBH its your fault, so you have to take it like a man
  2. From what I understand the latest cameras can take multiple shots a second. So they will have done everyone in the line. Saying you are moving with the flow of traffic is no defense.
  3. Congrats matey, thats great news
  4. Was it something to do with the 350d that made shooting cars on track challenging? Surely its more down to the lens? I found it a lot easier when I got my 70-300IS USM compared to the cheaper non-IS 70-300mm. By the way Graham you can borrow that lens too, but its worth more than the camera, so might be a bit expensive to include in a deal
  5. Hmm they must have some interesting settings. Like contrast and sharpening right up to achieve that. Unless it has a built in HDR setting which effectively means it is out the camera but not really what the camera "saw".
  6. Blimey Chris, that's very good of you, I'll do a bit of research then PM you if that's ok No probs bud. Its sat and done nothing for a while now, I use the G1X for most of my shooting. Doesnt have the zoom of the SLR but is smaller and much less assuming when you take it places they wouldnt allow an SLR. The 350D is a bit old tech now, but for cutting your teeth with an SLR its perfect to have a play with to see if its for you.
  7. Cracking shot but that doesnt appear to be "out of the camera", looks like its been post processed.
  8. Canon SX range are good, I have an SX240 as a carry about camera for MTB etc. If you want awesome pic quality with true SLR capabilites in a P&S shell - then the Canon G1X is awesome. I love mine, it takes amazing pics.
  9. Graham, if you're ever in the area then theres a Canon 350D doing not a lot in my spare room. Its "only" 8MP, but more than enough to get to know your aperture from your depth-of-field. Need to dig it out and make sure its all working ok, but you can have it on loan to try it out, and if you're happy with it I'm sure we can do a deal
  10. Absolutely shocking. Did you not realise when it wasnt glossy smooth? When Amanda had some work done on her Ibiza I made them redo it (insurance job) as I could feel they didnt clear coat under the door arches. You couldnt see it but it felt as rough as a badgers a**e! Surprised you didnt think something was up straight away. Glad its sorted now, million times better
  11. Funny little vid I found while researching Peaks routes If anyone has any links to Peaks routes would be good to see them (GPX if possible). We're going for a few days at the start of Oct for mum's birthday so can get a couple of cheeky rides in
  12. That looks good. Are you going to become a trader? nom nom nom
  13. Surely that's a lot of heat Chris Not a patch on what they both put out a year. Sure it would be worth it in the long run
  14. Yes its a lot smoother and unobtrusive IMO. Unlike the 350z where you really have to get fully off the throttle when the TC kicks in, the 370z you can keep the throttle in and let it sort it out. Personally I never have it turned off unless on the track/airfield and dont find it hampers progress on the road. It does depend how much you like to push it on the road though. And that would be questionable in the wet
  15. What they really mean is - look at all those f'in numpties out there - we've given you a phone that is hardly better than the old one and you still all go and upgrade - MUHAHAHAHAH
  16. Pics or it didnt happen. DAs have been known to break the hardest of men, no way a woman could use one (there we've set the challenge!)
  17. My 370z is far better on the TCS than the 350z (276) was. The '50 was so jerky and very voilent when the TC kicks in. The '70 is much more gentle, sometimes you can only tell its working as the light is flickering. Saying that it doesnt come on very often so hard to tell, but its certainly a lot smoother, doesnt just cut all the power, keeps power going even when its working, just reduces it enough to stop the slip.
  18. Dont think you'll get a reply from him on here
  19. Lets face it, if we want to stop global warming, all we need to do is napalm India and China. Job jobbed, no more green taxes.
  20. Looks like you're safe now, I've got some work to do
  21. It got my car specs right at least, right down to it being an auto and a black edition. No doubt Google will make it work, and it will take over from GoCompare. But they have to learn that even if they deliver products using Agile methodologies and in "Beta" it should at least work and only have some bugs. You shouldnt soft launch a product that clearly doesnt work, but being Google, people say - hey its ok - they can fix it later. If I did that at work, you'd all be going ape-@*!# if it didnt quite work
  22. I will be upgrading to an iPhone 4s when my 3GS finally gives up, just no incentive to go for a 5. Anyone who thinks LTE will be anything useful is a fool unless they live in an area covered by EE and are willing to pay what will be inflated prices for the privilege. What O2 will do to comeback at this is launch Wifi everywhere which will no doubt be quicker (in real terms, not theoretical terms) and cheaper
  23. Not always true, it depends on the circumstances. We are looking at dropping the Zed as it doesnt get used due to me and the missus car sharing, the fact I dont have parking at work, and the fact that when we would use the Zed on weekends we want to go riding. If we did let it go, I'd have no problems coming back to it when we have a triple garage and the money to keep it as a Sunday and/or run it as a daily driver again. Horses for courses and all that.
×
×
  • Create New...