Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. You gonna get us some proper picks of your car then?
  2. +1 - you dont have a dual shock controller in the car for starters
  3. Nope., just heat, but it sounds like it needs some proper heat - Infiniti in Reading use proper heat guns, not hair dryers The resin in the clearcoat will only react a limited number of times as it spreads itself across a scratch, so dont expect them to disappear, it will just lessen them. If you have a DA this will give much better results but will remove a tiny amount of clear coat
  4. Sorry, just spotted this No idea on the difference bud, I was told to use the 200, thats what all the chaps in the US were using. A quick google should give you the differences if you havent already, but I'm sure if the 2 cameras are from the same "family" the 300 will work. EDIT: 300 is the same camera, but its switchable (on/off), so that you can have a front and rear camera, and a seperate Kenwood control box. If you run the 200 and a 300 you can have the 200 at the rear and 300 at the front and have the 300 switchable.
  5. Whoop whoop
  6. Or you - You do make it, get a good accountant, and you don't pay it. A good accountant can't hide everything though! Not legally anyway, and then then HMRC catch up with you, you have a tax bill and a fine to pay Theres always some tax to pay no matter how you make your money, HMRC arent stupid enough to let you get away with paying nothing
  7. AFAIK, they need to be on some kind of approved list to sell the 370z - so a normal dealership who arent on the list technically cant order on. Things may have changed or the garage you use Malcolm might just be approved? If you look on the Nissan website I think there is a list on there. I say that was the way, as originally 370z were only going to be sold by HPC's but I think they realised that there werent enough of them around to shift the cars they wanted to shift.
  8. Sony will have picked FAT32 for external drives for 2 reasions - 1. Its free, no need to license it and 2. because its old, it only allows file sizes up to 4GB which is good for piracy as it doesnt allow decent rips of Blurays Also - MKV is a container, not a codec, there can be all sorts of video and audio formats within an MKV file. PS3 will support most of the codecs used within MKV, they just need to be put into a container that the PS3 will like - H264 is the most commonly used and is supported by PS3. This is largely what PS3mediaserver does, and when there isnt a codec the PS3 supports, it will transcode to one that it does like.
  9. PS3 media server for me. Wifi wont work very well for streaming, use a wired connection if you can. If you connect the PS3 to lappy via an ethernet (network) cable, then set the IP address of the PS3 to use the IP address of the lappy as the "default gateway" and do the same for the lappy. This way they will see each other. For some reason on the PS3 you have to set the default gateway to be the lappy for it to work, on xbox, they just see each other
  10. +1 - seen them on Camskill. Dont know how you tell if you have them by looking at the tyre though, I would guess they have a slightly different maker/name on them somewhere.
  11. Any idea on what you can use as replacement rotors though? Do they match some other car so you can get 2 piece discs or anything? If the kit maker is the only one to make the discs then you are a bit screwed
  12. In defence of the auto box it takes some time for it to learn you and you to learn it. Trying to compare it to DSG is apples to oranges comparison, its not as smooth as DSG, but that reminds you you are diving a proper performance car it makes it more fun. Also note that 3rd to 4th is quite a long jump in terms of gearing, and also when you drop out of full auto at 70MPH, it drops you to 5th, so coming down to a rounderbout on a ring road say can catch you out as you go from 7th in auto, to 5th and then a bit jump down to 4th when you hit the paddle. This caught me out a few times til I realised what it was doing. For the purist I would always go with a manual, but the 7AT to me is great commuting 65miles a day
  13. Yup, 5C sounds about right
  14. Chris`I

    Stillen Exhaust

    Order direct from Stillen (you will likely get Margaret doing the paperwork, shes very helpful and a joy to order from). They ship it direct to you, you get an invoice for the import tax and VAT later from FedEx or whoever they use. I think it took less than 7 days for mine to arrive from ordering, being able to track it all the way
  15. Stay well clear IMO unless you are ready for a serious amount of work. I get the feeling we were just scratching the surface with the issues of that car. If you have the skills you could take on a real bargin, but I would bet it will take quite a bit of skill to make sure it is back to perfect before you start to drive it.
  16. If you're looking in the sping, definately try to get one before Wales
  17. Pff, as with Azure, there are more Quartz owners than Blade, we win
  18. Pfff we have more quartz owners that that and the car hasnt been out a year yet
  19. So how did it go then? Looks like it needs a good correction polish
  20. I was half expecting him to take off at some point down the road
  21. Nope no bungs, the exhaust tips slip over the pipes and are adjustable. Definitely a lot louder than stock. Might just be me, I'll take it for a blast tomorrow and see what I think. Ah ok, I think the first shot straight up the pipes is quite deceptive, makes them look like bungs Carbon will not make it louder as Mike says, it will soften any rasp down, but doesnt do a lot to noise levels.
  22. Yup, the engine is a good un, getting near 100HP/litre from an NA car is no easy task - except here it is I have intakes, exhaust (inc Y) and plan to get a remap and hope for around 350+HP from it all
  23. Looks great Also looks like it has removable bungs in the tips, try taking them out, that will make it sound better (probably why it seems quiet now - my Stillen was much louder when booting it than OEM)
  24. Still wait for the day when they get the honour of meeting you
  25. I'll let Stew give you the details, all I will add is stay well clear mate, there are better cars out there even if they cost a little more
×
×
  • Create New...