Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. And on the flip side, will be a massive fail if you forget you turned off the flow during the summer and it gets cold again, you can freeze the TB
  2. They have master technicians specially trained for working on the GTR and 370z as WLMG is a High Performance Centre (HPC). Their master tech is very good, only one who touched my 350z and now 370z They understand the importance of the car and that its not just a nice looking Micra
  3. Well I now have 2 nice big envelopes sitting on my desk Thanks Martin, cracking work again
  4. Looks like they are made by the same company that made my 350z matts. They are pretty good quality, but the pile on the heels quickly flattens down. Thats the only negative I found with them. But for the price they are a bargin still
  5. Why doesnt everyone just come to Wales in May? Its THE best get together you can attend in the Zed world and well worth the time and expense of travelling. Our Scotts members can come a hell of a way for that (Stew took 2 days to get there before!), and I think they will vouch its worth it. No excuse for anyone not to attend, you have plenty of notice
  6. Quartz looks much more stealth like I think you'll find, and thats how the 40th Edition was originally intended In all seriousness, Quartz is a lot easier to keep looking clean. I have found that road salty water dries about the same colour as Quartz meaning you can leave it longer between washes and it will looks ok
  7. Speak to RareRims (trader on here) they might be able to get you suitable sizes and fitments. As Stew says, 18x8 isnt the ideal size, might be better off with 18x8.5 all round and stagger the tyre sizes
  8. No one wants to admit they have one TBH I think most of the Black owners plumped for the Black Edition as they were around when they bought them. We have like 10+ black Black Editions IIRC
  9. *IIRC* 750RPM when warm, just over 1k when cold. I'll see what the 370 does in a minute when I go to work
  10. Depends if you sell privately or PX it. If you PX it, a stamp from Abbey is worth the same as any other independant, it aint Nissan main dealer. If you sell privately, its pot luck if they know who Abbey are. No offence to Abbey, but thats how it will be seen. To a forum member a full book from Abbey is worth quite a bit
  11. No need to remove the strut, you can take off the intake pipe easily around the strut. I used carb cleaner to clean mine, took off the intake tube, cleaned it (without moving the butterfly valve), put back the pipe, started it up and repeated a few times. Then do a reset and idle learning and you should be sorted
  12. P2 and P3 arent always the same. P3 they replace the diff oil and I think a few other things, but they arent applicable to the 350z. The girls on the desk dont know this and they charge a flat rate for P2 and P3. There are other checks involved with P3 over L3, but I forget what they are. Remember being London prices they will be charging something like £75/hr + VAT, so if they say there is an hour difference in labour between P3 and L3 then that is where the extra expense is. Still - tell them you are from here, get an L3 and it will all be sorted hopefully. Tell them you want the GTR mech to work on it too
  13. Has any Nissan dealer actually given a decent answer for that? Any I have asked blame Nissan for their pricing structure I was told an L3 is exactly the same as a P3, just they dont hook it up to Consult diagnostics, which apparently they have to pay Nissan to use, and as they arent using it, they then can charge less. Not sure how much of it is BS, but I always went for Lx services of Px services. If in doubt ask to speak to the Service Manager, he's a pretty nice chap in WLMG, and tell him you're from the club too (and Chris with the Black Edition sent you)
  14. Lies, all lies (are the cries I can hear from the other members)
  15. Here come the consipricy theorists
  16. Yes you need 2 cables to get full functionality. It has 2 tuners, so you can record one channel and watch another, or record 2 channels and watch a recording. You can do funkier things, like having one cable and then a bridge cable to the other tuner, but that means you can only watch and record channels on the same frequency, then it starts to get really confusing. Simpler to run another cable, or better still 2 new decent cables And get a quad LNB at least, means when you get FreeSat in other rooms you have the capacity to run new feeds to them
  17. Unless the dealer has one pre-reg on the forecourt
  18. Ah ok, so you're saying not to go for the all in one ones and go for the kind of one it appears I have where you have a seperate LNB with 40mm collar and adapter for the dish. I only have the mini dish, so I think I do ok considering your dish is like 2x the size
  19. I thought most LNBs come with an adapter to fit the end of the dish "pole" and allows to mount in the 40mm collar. Mine did. No idea if its a good one or not, it was recommeneded from a place off AV forums though. Probably not super-duper, but it works, and gives signal level and quality as 100% most of the time, only dropping to 90% in snow or heavy rain occasionally.
  20. Chris`I

    Stillen Exhaust

    That was quick! The VAT/import tax invoice might not be so quick
  21. I have something similar to that above. Dead easy to fit. Make sure you get a quad or higher version in case you want to add more recievers later on, as the Humax will take 2
  22. Graph shows 278-318 bhp peak 6800. What graph? That brochure is just a generic bit of carp Ask them for real gains and how many Zeds they have done
  23. You just have to laugh
  24. No change there then, it was already slimmer than the others. I never apprecaited it until I saw the models on display at Autosport show, the difference is quite obvious when seeing them in the flesh. Makes you appreciate the extra design that has gone into it
  25. No idea bud, but I'd rather go at the paint with a DA like you did than a proper heat gun. TBH I think the effect is has is very limited and you're better off correcting it with traditional methods. Logically, if you have used the DA on it, it will only loose its healing properties if you got the paint hot enough to activate it, which I doubt you did. But you will have removed a few microns of the stuff, so there is less there to react now (albeit you've removed the scratches so it doesnt really matter). Hope that makes sense
×
×
  • Create New...