Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Guessing it will be that redex stuff yup. Open - pour - shut - done
  2. Not strictly true - only the drive is for Zeds only. Fair enough for those travelling a long distance this is kind of the point as its a driving meet rather than static, but for those local non-Zed owners (or those willing to travel) we do say all are welcome at the hotel on Saturday. As the event is so succesful we have to limit it to Zeds only, and if it becomes more popular, we will have to limit numbers on a first come first served as we can only usher around 60 Zeds through Wales
  3. To a certain extent Geoff, but I have put second skin sound deadening everywhere in the rear - quite literally removing all the plastic. It hasnt reduced it as much as it did on the 350z if I'm honest. The fact it goes all quiet on smooth roads leads me to think its a lot to do with the tyres.
  4. The Bose stuff is all fed off speaker level outputs, so make sure that any dedicated sub output is turned off, that way it will send all frequencies through the speakers, rather than redirecting the low level sound to the sub. Not sure what the unit is Dan gave you - if its a PAC-ROEM then it goes on the back of the head unit and then clips into the existing wiring that you unplugged from the headunit. The PAC-ROEM also allows you to change the levels per speaker, so have a fiddle and you can adjust front/rear to be right.
  5. 6210 was better, changeable covers (but also came with the TVR like flip effect as standard) and 2 PLAYER SNAKE
  6. Wales for me is the bigger event as its been running for longer - this being the first year for Lakes. If you enjoy driving the most do Wales, if you enjoy the static side of meets do Lakes?
  7. Have to agree there. We have a set of 2 roller bags that we could fill to the top and slide under the strut of the 350z, so for a weekend we had 2 full bags out of sight. In the 370z, because the strut is inverted, the boot floor is raised, so we cant fill the bags anymore as they wont fit. Also dont quite fit in next to each other, they touch the plastic finish now whereas they fit between the strut just fine in the 350z. Also where we now dont have it enclosed, on the UK car you get a roller blind thing, and with bags in the back (not even full) its very obvious there are bags in there. Also agree with the tyre noise. If you roll on smooth tarmac it completely dissapears. I would guess a combo of noisy tyres and harder bushes than the 350z is what causes it. Can wait to get them off an get some PS3 or similar on there to see if that takes it away.
  8. Bushes, suspension and drop links. They tend to wear out, but so gradually you dont realise. Most I've heard of that refresh the bushes say it makes a marked difference in handling and makes it "tight" again. Suspension could be on the way out depending on how its been treated? Again will go over time and you wont notice really until you change. Oh and brake fluid is always worth doing. Brake lines at that age are likely to be deteriorating, so get some braided lines and refresh the fluid.
  9. +1 ask nicely and I'm sure he can tell you more than you'd ever need to know
  10. Can you describe your system? Is it a full aftermarket or are bits running via OEM Nissan parts?
  11. We're looking into a few options, but its been on the back burner as the team had the general consensus that it was ok as it is on most phones. We're also looking into tapatalk or possibly using IPB as the forum software. Any opinions on which way you'd like to see it go, let us know
  12. A very warm belated
  13. Dont forget to poslish if you clay
  14. I bedded mine in on the Wales run last May 900 miles in a weekend
  15. This I completely agree with! Roundabouts can be annoying as well. I always thought it was because at 5' 10 I must be shorter than other would be 370 drivers Nope they just decided to allow us to see out the back they would fit the wing mirrors from a Nissan truck!
  16. I get the full 40mbps from my ISP across Wireless-N. But yes for consoles and PCs with Wireless-G cards, wired is better. Also better for response times on games
  17. WinRAR will have it opened
  18. So who's having the Black Edition ? Who said thats going anywhere? I'm having a Zed stable. Will have at least a 240z or 260z in there too
  19. Good work everyone - glad to see this has a good resolution in the end
  20. Its the way we're going. The major thing you are forgetting that is the enabler of this stuff is that processors are becoming more powerful whilst also using less actual power, and are also very cheap. You can get chips quicker than you used to get in high end desktops that can fit in a phone now, thats what is driving it. Its easy for manufacturers of the chips to produce a board that has an onboard OS which is upgradable and its not hard then to allow a developer access to it to then create the apps. So this will likely happen, especially with TVs, cars and home entertainement systems.
  21. Dont think I could bare to sell a bike or car I'd had that long unless I seriously needed the money. I'd rather give it to another enthusiast that I knew would continue to ride it rather than it be put in a museum. Like the pics Before: After:
  22. You dont need to upgrade the turbos in a GTR to get 600HP, just a free flowing exhaust and a remap
  23. Depends how good a driver you are. For most cruise control will save you money as you wont accidentally be speeding up and slowing down burining fuel, but it will burn more fuel around hills as it will slow you down them and then use throttle to keep speed going up them. If you are a good driver you can save more fuel by slightly increasing speed down the hill and use less throttle up it (and thus slowing down ever so slightly by the top). But you have to have good throttle control to achieve this properly, which most numpties dont have On long drives, cruise control will save you fuel by holding a constant speed and roughly constant throttle, so you arent speeding up and slowing down all the time. Good tip on following lorries through traffic, I do this all the time, it saves time and fuel. Outside lane is the worst place to be, they leave it til the last minute to stop, slam on the brakes, as soon as it moves, they boot it again, then slam on the brakes If you try to leave space to balance this out some sod in the middle lane cuts you up I have learnt the art of spotting traffic stopping, nipping to the inside lane to undercut it all, then when it gets going again head to the outside lane!
  24. WLMG are good IMO, but its quite a long way for you to go. IIRC Mill Hill was their first HPC, its where I was offered to go and have a test drive of the 370z and GTR but never made it up there. Having dealt with Slough, they are up to the job, its where mine will be going for its first service. Saying that, any HPC should be good enough, I'd be worried if they werent as they have to look after GTRs which are much more complicated and expensive
  25. Wired is obviously the best solution if you can hide all the wires and connect everything that needs to be connected. If you've ever tried to hack into someones wireless network (that is secured) you soon realise its a lot harder than they make out on the net. I did it as part of my MSc, and just using WEP, capturing the traffic on my home network, it would take someone roughly 6 months of constant listening in to get the key.
×
×
  • Create New...