-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
Ouch sorry to hear that Stu. Was that from oil starvation? As Vik says, Mr Alex will have a new engine no doubt, I would imagine thats the most cost effective way to fix it, just drop it straight in.
-
You'll need something like 245/50/17 to keep TCS happy. Putting the same size on front and rear will send it into overdrive. That will also keep the speedo right I think too.
-
Calling all members called Chris
Chris`I replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Off Topic Discussion
No Chris's round here - no sir-ee -
I'm guessing going from Harrow to Heathrow has a hell of a lot of stop/start driving. As Stew pointed out this is what kills MPG. This seems to be backed up with your average speed of only 15MPH. Going from that I'd say its normal. Not a lot you will be able to do with that, even with using engine braking, keeping momentum and trying to minimise start/stop.
-
To be fair I've seen far far worse than that - some bits of it do look ok.
-
If she ends up using them, drop me a PM and I'll let you know my member number. You can say I refered you and I get some points and I think you do too. The only problem I've found so far (not made the jump just yet) is that to get the good deals you have to buy goody bags. These give you the free net/txts/mins for a month. When that is up you need to buy another. Now you can queue one GB up after your current one but thats it. So each month you have to remember to go queue them. The are meant to be bring in auto-GB but this has been in progress for like a year or more so far. I think they are not going to do it as they will make a good chunk of dosh from those that run out of GB and revert to the paid for mins/txt/internet Still to get the mins/txt/net that I use for a tenna rather than £40, cant go wrong!
-
In lieu of any actual owners photos I think we'll let it stand
-
+1 I think you're meant to own the cars in here - unless Toby has bought one on the sly
-
Good to see its being "tested" properly
-
Meant to say that rogerxp's problem sounded like geo and yours was the brakes Col - 2 seperate problems. Not meaning to make the two sound like the same thing or that yours was anything to do with suspension
-
Well if it keeps them off here all the better
-
Colin, not wanting to go too far off-topic, but can I ask what your issues were. What was happening under braking (I guess) that was meant the brakes were to blame. My car does pull off centre quite badly when braking heavily but never dont anything about it - I was just wondering whether this is a similar problem to what you had (I've not had a alignment check done). That to me would sounds more like a geometry issue than the brakes, although could be one brake pulling more than the other. IIRC Colins issue was a warped brake which will give a pulsing feel when braking. This could have also been down to DTV but he will only know that whens he's put a few miles on the discs I guess. PH makes me laugh - so many people without a clue commenting. One says that the 370z gets 5MPG less than the 350z? WTF?! Mine (being new) averages maybe 1MPG less than the 350z it replaced but that was on quite a few more miles so a much freer engine. That kind of thing puts people off as they see the 350z does maybe 25MPG and then assume the 370z would get 20MPG (Evo territory!)
-
Have to agree. With the size of the screen, you really are limited to what you can do with a phone given unlimited resources, so theres no point having the power of a laptop in a phone. I dont really know what people expected Apple to do. Sure you can add more megapixels to the camera, but with a sensor so small it degrades the image quality even if its higher resolution. Quite a few SLRs took a step back in the MP race to get back better image quality if you look back over time. Having good software is where its at, and thats what Apple excel at. Its just a shame to get that good they feel they have to lock down the device so much. If only they'd open it up a bit it would be great, but they arent going to do that as people will abuse it and they will do anything to stop it. I'll be keeping my 3GS and moving to GifGaf from my O2 contract. Goes over the same network, but I can spend £10/mo for the same txts/minutes/unltd internet I give O2 £40/mo for. Will also be moving my iPad to them for £5/mo as opposed to £10/mo (but with less bandwidth than O2)
-
Its not so much a visible problem these days and not something that actually grinds your PC or phone to a halt as it did a few years ago as phones are as powerful as PCs were only 10yrs ago (maybe less!). The problem with Flash is its all propriety software, Adobe are very closed about how it all works. As such, hardware struggles to support it which makes it very inefficient. One prime example is BBC iPlayer HD. It is (was?) written in Flash. It would grind my PC to a halt (dual core 2GHz) purely because it refused to use hardware acceleration and did everything in CPU maxing it out. Rather than send the rendering of the video to the video processor, it would do it all in CPU which is far too much for it to handle. Whereas if you take blueray or other HD sources, they play with no fuss at all, using at most 10% CPU and utilise more hardware acceleration. As Octet says, this is seen as the CPU fan spinning up, which is the last thing you want when trying to conserve battery or indeed watch a film. On the mobile side - this means that your battery wont last as long and the phone will get hot quickly. If you do the same in HTML5 with H264, the phone can be made to have hardware that can render it rather than using the CPU, which means it is all optimised to work as efficiently as possible reducing the drain on battery and keeps the heat down.
-
and the rose-black ones are even faster Everyone knows Quartz is the fastest colour - thats why they had to limit it
-
They dont say it slows the phone down. You need to read this - http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/ TBH I wouldnt be bothered if everyone dropped Flash like a turd - its crap and it itself slow
-
I believe the pre-CP system had a 6CD changer. As soon as CP came in it was single CD and HDD jukebox.
-
100% the right decision. End of +1 - with a decent exhaust on it though so its sounds like a sports car Dont forget UpRev to maximise your gains
-
Yes he is, just enter "EH 370z" (with no quotes) into the To box on a PM and it should find him. Toby is his name - he obviously isnt paying attention today - he's normally very quick on these threads He did respond on the previous page. Lol, how rude, he must be off selling cars to non-Zedders right now. Ooops, missed that, yes Toby said hello on page 1
-
From what I hear from others, it tends to be when the engine has had some kind of oil starvation that it starts to go. Theres a few cars around on 100k+ with no problems at all. When I let my 350z (DE) go, it had 90k+ miles on and only used about 1l of oil between services, if that. I think we are now just seeing more engines that have had some kind of oil starvation problem that are now hitting the milage where it becomes really apparent that something is damaged? Its by no means a lot of Zeds that are doing this, still only a handful, and of those I guess I high percentage are Revup versions. Think this is the first I've seen of an HR having oil problems (could be wrong)
-
Some say .. Zele used his car as inspiration
-
Agreed. At the end of the day they are out to maximise profits. All the consumer can hope is that natural competition in the market will keep prices low. However all the sods are up to it so they are all the same. Doesnt take 10 mins to get a new quote and they always match it. Look at it this way - at least you are smart enough to get a new quote - think of all the people that dont
-
100% the right decision. End of
-
But Porsche is 911 - if they did anything else then people wouldnt buy it. When people stop buying it they will stop making it - simples.
-
I'd say 17" frame would suit, unless you have very long legs in which case a 19" with maybe a shorter stem might work. Get along to your local Evans and try a few out and see, then run before they try to convince you to buy it! If you keep an eye out you'll get a few 2009/2010 bikes at good prices on ebay. Anything older than a few years and its better to drop to a newer but lesser model as all the kit trickles down each year (so XT this year is last years XTR, SLX is last years XT) so by the time its 4-5yrs old you might as well have nearly new Deore than old XT.