Jump to content

Bodyboarder81

Members
  • Posts

    3,182
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bodyboarder81

  1. Great update Dom Has the art pipes made it more bearable for you? And has it stopped the raspy sound ( although not sure you had loads of that with the ark system) Cheers Cars up with jez for a couple of weeks , waiting for art pipes to drive and 9lb pulley and hen map again ......... Then my thoughts will turn to to clutch and diff . Keep us all posted on how you feel the quaife is of benefit or not .
  2. Dare I say it ....... I think they are a better looker than the 350/370 But dude , you really need to slap yourself round the face . Get rid of any monthly dept you have .... Make is as easy as possible to get your mortgage , once your in your place you will find many things to spend your money on ( and more than likely get more enjoyment out of this than a car )
  3. No, you should be feeling ripped off, right? £600 would buy you some good tyres Oh no ...... Where's dan?
  4. ...... Ya sorry getting off topic , but when someone says they felt they were getting pushed into there seat more after a plenum spacer then something really needs to be said . It's the same for uprev/ ecutec reviews , some say they are amazing and completely different car , others say no difference what so ever. Regardless though I would always have a remap done to complement the mods and to know that the engines running as best as it can . I say your results are good for what you have had done
  5. Forcing you into your seat more ..... Come on , probably gave you 3 bhp probs but as it torque that puts you in your seat the bhp increase is rather irrelevant Er ...... Missing the point somewhat
  6. Will they ever being doing it for the HR 50?
  7. That's what I was led to believe ..... And I thought that ecutec was ment to be cheaper than uprev ! That's a lot of money IMHO for a generic map and then ' tweeked'
  8. Best not ever go FI steveD , your head will probably get snapped off
  9. Forcing you into your seat more ..... Come on , probably gave you 3 bhp
  10. I'm with Brillo , I would buy a shed and get your monthly out goings as low as possible , put any money have as a bigger deposit . See where you're at when you've bought your place and go from there . ...... £360 a month on just the car !..... Man that's more than my mortage !
  11. Yes possibly but more to the point it will sound rubbish . ....... I know I ran a scorpion with HFC and it was very raspy / chavy
  12. That's great , lets hope all is well then !!
  13. Don't oil vapours condense on the baffles (or stainless steel wool) and then drip to the bottom of the can? If it's not that, then I'm genuinely baffled Yes ...... And when FI it's even more important , along with crankcase ventilation . I bought 2 mishimoto ones . The smaller ones though at £80 + vat each . Lovely well made bit of kit ..... Not sure i need 2 though as I have one fitted and the other side vented back into the charger as per stillens instructions .
  14. Had a supercharger bolted on and these wouldn't be up to the task ...... Ran them for 1k , past an mot with them . How noisy they are is all down to what exhaust they are bolted too . Up for sale when I remember to put them up!!
  15. Don't get to much air going past the air filter nick , as I've read to much turbulence can cause issues with idle ...
  16. ...... So how old are you? Ill start the guessing game ..... 52? I have a customer who is 85 , he has 3 e type jags and climbed a tree ( 90ft oak ) the other day with me !! Go for it , my dad was 60 when we lost him ( 1 year ago ) and I can safely say he died a happy man , because he enjoyed life to the max . Not saying you're gonna die soon !!! But you get my point
  17. You can add mocool made by motul , that's what the US boys are using in the system and reporting 15 degrees lower intake temps . I'm also thinking about vented bonnet ..... But worry it won't look right , I might try adding a few washers to the bonnet hinges so its got a bit more air flow .... Hot rod look ! Probably look cack but its free . What you going for ? Carbon bonnet?
  18. Good to see it's back on track nick That's great numbers considering you're on the standard pulley As said I've ordered the art pipes and should be with jez the week after next , so can let you know if it solves some of the rasp .
  19. This is my favourite 70 on here. Properly stylish modding . Excellent
  20. Put your own add up .
  21. Hello, Where abouts in Cornwall are you from ?
  22. With decats you are always going to get an amount of rasp ..... The art pipes with drastically reduce the rasp ( so I'm let to believe) but not complete eliminate it .
  23. It's also a known that the HR engines ( 50 and 70 ) are more raspy . Remember that nic is charged , so this will increase the rasp even more due to more pressure and gasses flowing through it .
×
×
  • Create New...