-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
Personally if it was me I would go for an aftermarket stainless steel Y-pipe. All depends though on your funds obviously as you could probably get a secondhand OEM Y-pipe for £50-£60 odd whereas any aftermarket stainless steel one is going to be at least £100+ depending on manufacturer. The Cobra ones from the Cougar Store are £275 and Clark Motorsport have developed their own Y-pipe which is £250-£270 odd depending on pipe size you go for. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/90183-new-y-pipe-available-from-cms/ Link: http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=112&zenid=bcaa60565806895c2c0f2d2ff1b32aee There are of course the eBay "specials" which I wouldn't recommend but they are a lot cheaper. Some stainless steel ones around £100 or less but no idea how well they'd fit or the quality of them so it would be a gamble. Fyi ~ Changing the Y-pipe won't make the car louder at all imo (it's just pipe work/no baffles).
-
^^This. Definitely get a code reader or have the code read by a garage just to be sure first though. OBDII code readers can be bought very cheaply on eBay btw.
-
Just act like you're some rich guy's son or a self made millionaire & I'm sure even you will have a good chance. I want pictures though, ....please.
-
Was a total bust today unfortunately, ...got too dull & dark plus I couldn't think of anywhere suitable so gave up in the end. Next weekends probably my last chance.
-
Yeah, that's what made me post about it to be honest... I expected something different if it was blowing but was the only thing I could think of I haven't checked the air intakes because I thought it was coming from the exhaust in a blowing type fashion but that's a good shout so will give that a go and report back tomorrow (bit dark now to play about) It was making the noise before I fitted the HFCs I got from you so if there was a problem I was expecting the garage to let me know my Y pipe was fooked but as they didn't I have just carried on. What's made me look into it is that I've had my headunit out for a few days while I replace it and have driven around in silence and its just got a bit annoying hearing this hiss so often, sounds like ive got a dump valve sometimes! ^ As you've highlighted though Graham the noise was there before fitting the HFC's, ....maybe leaking from the Y-pipe flexi joints?
-
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
GMballistic replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
Aaahh I see, ...still technically a car related injury, "sort of". Dog looks great btw. Love little Dogs. -
Hopefully the two of you will have a great time, bed some page 3 models and prove all the doubters wrong.
-
I'm going to go out later to try to get some more pics as the weathers good & the Zeds clean. Just such a pain finding a decent place to take pictures especially with it being so busy at the moment. Went to a beauty spot the other weekend to take some pics & it was full of inconsiderate people walking dogs & playing with their kids, ...just selfish that if you ask me.
-
This is true. I do a lot of spray painting in my job, we do have an air fed mask but it is rarely used due to it being restrictive for moving around the paint booth when going in & out for doing multiple parts. Most of the time I just use a Moldex full face spray painting mask in work which gives a great field of vision, protection & isn't restrictive for movement at all. These are fairly expensive at around £70-£80 but offer a good level of protection especially for your eyes which some people overlook. For spray painting at home though where I mainly use spray cans I just have a good single filter face mask & wear goggles at the same time. This mask was only around £20 from eBay so very affordable. Definitely worth investing in a decent mask if you haven't already Dan.
-
Welcome aboard. Zeds for sale on here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/51-zeds-for-sale/
-
Some great advice from Ricky & Mark. Also worth a look at Youtube as there are some great videos on spray painting techniques that may be of use to you.
-
Great pics veeg.
-
Sweet Haysoos, that's a lot of Cats!
-
You're only as old as you feel.
-
Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48
GMballistic replied to Darren-B's topic in Other Cars
Bl**dy hell Darren this car restoring lark's pretty dangerous for you then, ...first the fire, then damaging your tendon. Just be careful from now on as they do say these things happen in three's. Anyway at least you have somewhere warm to work in now and some help. Btw what breeds your little helper? -
No, supposed to be you & Hugh getting cosy by the fire. I could never pull off having a moustache.
-
Hey guys what's going on in this thread now, ... "Graham, Hugh, ....oh dear!"
-
Forgot how annoyed I get this time of year......grrrr
GMballistic replied to Kraziekatz1's topic in Off Topic Discussion
All of that lot should be in here really Linus. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81236-they-shouldnt-be-on-the-road-2/page__st__340#entry1387760 I can't believe how many people I've seen driving lately with no lights on (almost pitch dark) & who are driving around with fog lights on (no fog). -
Made me think of this then Harry. How the hell did you get that photo of me and my wife. "Facebook" of course.
-
Fantastic outcome, ...love that colour.
-
Looks very nice. Very impressed with Marks parts I've seen. "OOOhhh ehhh Mrs"
-
^^ Well as far as bonnets go I meant.
-
Thanks for the tip Stu and good to see they do make some filters for the Fujifilm camera I have. When using my old SLR I had a UV filter & also a skylight filter (think it was called) but I understand that digital film cameras don't need UV filters as they are not as sensitive to light unlike the 35mm film cameras. Probably look at filters after Christmas although I'm hoping to get a GoPro from the Mrs so that may occupy some of my spending money afterwards as I'll no doubt want a few extras to make that better (larger SD card/various mounts etc).
-
Oh my that had to be annoying for him. One of those WTF was I thinking moments.