Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Lovely colour blue.
  2. Happy Birthday.
  3. Still good for a chuckle.
  4. Sure sounds like it should be easy *famous last words*.
  5. Definitely a good idea to get a mechanic to look at it I'd say especially if you're worried. The thing is if it is the clutch release bearing as I suspect then to replace it you will need the gearbox off etc so that's going to be expensive. If you do need to get the bearing replaced and your clutch/flywheel are old or worn then it's best to get them changed at the same time rather than have to pay the labour again if/when the clutch goes in the future. The bearing though could last thousands of miles before it finally goes, ...you'll know when it goes as your clutch pedal will more than likely just go to the floor & you won't be able to select gears. If you do need a clutch/flywheel/bearing etc then don't forget Clark Motorsport, Tarmac Sportz, TORQEN etc on here can all help for more than likely less than the price of OEM equipment from Nissan. Still let your mechanic have a look and see what he says ~ always difficult to diagnose problems over the net just described by noises/feelings.
  6. Sounds good, ...get some pictures of the process in action if you can. Whatever you do I'm just going to copy anyway. Just make sure you get the full load in there, 4oz's worth.
  7. Try a PM to Mitz at the Cougar Store as he helped me when deciding on tyres/offsets for my Zed. He's in the traders section.
  8. Release bearing maybe.
  9. This is true. Hopefully he'll find something soon. Very worrying being unemployed.
  10. I still want to know which hole to stick it in though? Don't want to put it in the wrong hole and make a mess of things! Might need some more guys to help in here to find the correct hole I think.
  11. Can't help sorry but free bump to keep the thread in circulation. Wish him the best.
  12. Very nice nuts.
  13. Why don't you give Ethel to your neighbour? That way you'll still be able to see the little chicken and your neighbour won't have anything to moan about as it will be her chicken now.
  14. The boot light is a 501 capless bulb and the interior lights (map reading lights) are 31/32mm festoon bulbs I believe. You should be able to get some nice bright white LED versions cheaply enough from eBay. Some more info here on bulbs: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/61926-definitive-bulb-replacementfitment-list-help-pls/ Hope that helps.
  15. That's cool but which bung hole did you jam it into please? I'd prefer to use the top hole as that's the easiest to get too. Chris why don't you do yours in the top hole, ....if it doesn't kill your supercharger then I know I'll be fine to do it that way on mine. This is you...
  16. Sorry to read that. Beautiful Cat. RIP Olly.
  17. Oh well I've asked Adrian now anyway. Be a lot easier to fill from the top bung either way so lets hope it's ok to do it like that.
  18. It's great ain't it. F**k it I'm going to ask Adrian, ...if he's not too busy selling turbos & what not to tell us that is.
  19. Ok this is going to confuse matters I know but I've just watched a video on Youtube about changing the oil in the Vortech superchargers. Link: According to the video, from Vortech Superchargers apparently, you are supposed to fill the charger up via the dipstick plug. Think asking Adrian (octet) or possibly DarrenB might give us the true answer. What do you think Chris?
  20. I'm guessing my drive is probably at a 25-30 degree angle. Not really that safe to work on. I'm going to have a look over the weekend anyway to see if I can get at the refill/dipstick plugs easily enough then make my decision. I might just end up asking my local trusted garage guy though as it's probably the easiest option (safest too). I did ask Jez but haven't heard back yet.
  21. Love the little home made CNC. Nice.
  22. Like the ginger strut bar ends, ...does look good though seriously. Have you thought about changing the oil in the S/c yet? I've got just over 500+ miles to go and then either I'm doing mine or I'm paying someone else to do it. My main issue with doing it myself is that my driveway is very sloped so can't do it there and the garage which is level has no space for being able to jack the car up. PITA or what!.
  23. Horsham Developments fitted my supercharger and mapped it. Link: http://h-dev.co.uk/index2.php?page=home Very happy with the work done by Craig & Jez and the price was fair too.
×
×
  • Create New...