Totally understand the problems with putting music on publicly available videos. Plus you can't please all the people all of the time just some of the people some of the time as everyone has different tastes in music.
I get what you're saying about the cutting/hammering but it's a useless piece of metal that's in the way imo. It would only need a slight modification like bending it down a few mm's or cutting off a few mm's to make getting that dipstick in & out a lot easier.
We'll see though as I've things to do this weekend so may just forget about it.
I didn't have any problems with electrical looms in the way (mine runs the same as yours in the pic) it was just getting it passed that metal lip that I found troublesome.
Hence my reason for thinking about trimming some metal off to give it a bit more clearance (or belting it with a hammer ).
It did trip a little passed 2.5K as a local garage that an old mate owns let me down twice as I was supposed to be using their lift to make the job easier but in the end my mate said I could come & do it at his house where the ground was at least level so I just used my trolley jack. Worked out for the best as he made me a cuppa whilst I did it & we had a good chat whilst the oil drained.
Meant to post this in here a while ago but totally forgot.
When you say "minor fiddlyness" Chris do you actually mean "right pain in the ar*e!".
My mate let me do my S/c oil change round the back of his house near his garage as he had level ground for me to use (pretty rare in Wales ). Anyway everything was going so easily until I came to that bl**dy dipstick. I found that thing was a nightmare to get in & out.
In fact I'm thinking of getting a hammer or some sort of cutting implement this weekend to try and remove some of the metal near it so that it is easier to put in & out next time.
Oh and I followed your guide thanks, ...apart from I filled it from the top vent plug as Mark@Abbey Motorsport said that's how they did it so if it's good enough for him it will do for me. All's running great so that's nice.
That's what Bob said at the weekend, he said go black or blue with the splitter as well
I think the black breaks it up, shows the contrast of each better
I agree with that, ...think black would be the way to go.
Good job with the repair G.
It's a great system and as Bennett has mentioned no drone or rasp.
That's what I'd go for again although I do love the sound of the Motordyne system but then I've only heard that on non-FI Zeds.
Yep cheers SHEZZA.
Berks de-Cats & Invidia Gemini exhaust system on my FI 350Z. If you listen in this video below that Chris recorded of my car on track you can hear the lovely sound it makes over everything else as I accelerate off from Quarry corner.
[media]
[/media]
The thing is my Zed passed the static sound test at Castle Combe (was 92dB@ 4.5K rpm from 0.5mtr) but after I had been on circuit one of the marshals pulled me aside into the sound testing area again as my Zed had made 102dB on a flyby dB test passed the pit lane.
Does get loud on full chat so worth bearing in mind although I love it as it's fairly subtle when driving normally but then when you go WOT it really shouts.
Car all warmed up after a drive so just a bit of static revving up on the driveway below.
[media]
[/media]
^^ Sounds great mate and can't wait for some videos.
Would be interested to know what speed Andy reached on the straight just before Avon Rise/Quarry though if you know or he does (just for a comparison of my Zed).
The one time I managed to look I was doing 128-130mph just before hitting the brakes for Avon Rise. Not necessarily my top speed achieved though as I know I went faster going into Avon Rise/Quarry towards the end laps but I was concentrating on my braking point far to much to be looking at the speedo then.
Don't know why but your rather short replies made me laugh tonight. Like you were having a conversation with this guy....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJVGuxj7AWQ
Although Crb's post made sense to me.
Standard start to Zeditus then,
Led bulbs ~ Check
Stubby aerial ~ Check
Exhaust ~
Air filter ~
Plenum spacer ~
UpRev ~
Upgrade stereo/speakers ~
New alloys/tyres ~
Paint some bits ~
New discs/pads ~
Suspension upgrades ~
Body kits/spoilers if that's your thing ~
Supercharger kit/Turbo kit ~
Good luck with the rest of the list.