Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. ^^ Don't think the Cat likes him though by the look on its face.
  2. If you look on this site they are half way down the page: https://conceptzperformance.com/Cart/items.php?Car_Type=G35&CA=43 As that's a US site though I'd try Tarmac@TarmacSportz (Chris) or octet@TORQEN (Adrian) to see if they can get them for you.
  3. Probably safer.
  4. He loved the TVR but in the end when it comes to your health you have to be sensible so it had to go. At least he did have two great years with it and he'll always have the memories of taking it around a few race tracks & blasting along at over 170mph.
  5. Hope Monty makes a speedy recovery. Not two words I usually like to see together, ...but that's one lovely little dog.
  6. I've got a fully tuned up '03 Zed on the game with a supercharger but thought as Stu hadn't charged his on the game I'd try to do it the same. Anyway if you've no money in the game how do you expect to buy the supercharger? GT6 doesn't do "layaway". So the specs you're aiming for are: Fairlady Z version S (Z33) '07 ~ fully NA tuned, no custom gearbox or suspension, no NOS or FI, custom LSD, stage 3 weight reduction with racing soft rubber tyres (oh & BGW if you want).
  7. My old man had to make a similar decision some years ago when he was lucky enough to own an almost brand new TVR Cerbera 4.5 V8. It's very low to the ground and after almost 2 years of ownership he had to admit defeat as it was killing his back getting in & out. Still though he enjoys nice cars and his current one is a BMW 335i M-coupe which is very fast but obviously a lot easier for him to drive & get in/out of. Just buy what makes you happy twobears. If you don't get on with it then sell it but at least you'll know rather than just be left wondering.
  8. It's full service history although no receipts, only stamps. I'm going to ask for proof of the cambelt change too! That'll be difficult as the 350 doesn't have a cambelt, ...it has a chain. Shouldn't need to worry about that at all.
  9. Ok then I shall do the weight reduction etc later today & see what time I can bring it down to.
  10. Welcome aboard. Literally just wrote this for another new member with mismatched tyres a minute ago ~ The problem will be with mismatched tyres front to rear is it is never a good idea as it can unbalance the car. The reason being that different tread patterns on the tyres, wear rates, grip levels/traction etc can all be different between tyres/manufacturers so will affect stability & control. It's definitely better, sorry I mean safer, to have all four tyres from the same manufacturer/brand/model so probably best to change when you can although as long as you're not driving like a complete lunatic I doubt it will cause you any immediate problems but it is something to think about doing when you can. The drivers seat bolster wearing I guess will vary between cars & the previous owners it's had. Eg: if the previous owner was a large person who got in & out of the car a lot he may have worn the bolster more than say a slimmer guy who maybe struggled less getting in & out (hope that makes sense). I don't think you're missing much from the next model up tbh and as long as you're pleased with the car that's all that matters. Performance wise there's nothing in it.
  11. And Jim!!! Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear Edited original post ~ can't be missing anyone out who's helping this build come together.
  12. Welcome aboard Colin. Falken 452's are a decent mid range budget tyre (imo) and it's what I used to have on my car before moving on to the newer version, the 453's. The problem will be though that mismatched tyres front to rear or side to side is never a good idea as it can unbalance the car. The reason being that different tread patterns on the tyres, wear rates, grip levels/traction etc can all be different between tyres/manufacturers so will affect stability & control. It's definitely better, sorry I mean safer, to have all four tyres from the same manufacturer/brand/model so probably best to change when you can although as long as you're not driving like a complete lunatic I doubt it will cause you any immediate problems but it is something to think about doing when you can.
  13. Forget the photos, ...how about a video instead?. Full throttle drive by. Hope you enjoy it.
  14. Great work Adrian, Darren, Jim & Graham. Look's fantastic so far.
  15. Ok it's late and I've waited almost 3hrs whilst GT6 downloaded the updates & installed them all as I haven't played it in so long but I thought I'd have a go at this for a laugh. Fairlady Z version S (Z33) '07 ~ fully NA tuned, no custom gearbox or suspension, custom LSD (although haven't adjusted it) with racing soft rubber tyres. Hopefully the same set up as Stu for a level playing field (no weight reduction although I have changed the clutch/flywheel). 1st attempt: 7:20:530 2nd attempt: 7:13:362 I blame the tyres as they were obviously not MPSS.
  16. A great result for you then Stu. Congratulations.
  17. Sounds good. Best way to post pictures on here is by using Photobucket fyi. Free to join & very easy to use. Link to guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53047-how-to-post-pictures-via-photobucket/ Enjoy the forum.
  18. Welcome aboard and great little write up, ...just need's some pictures of the roadster to finish it off.
  19. Some great plans for the GT there then and I like the idea of having free view TV in the car. Very cool mate.
  20. No excuse for people not to see you're stopping then. Nice.
  21. Great stuff Lionel. Honestly I think it's impressive stuff fabricating the parts to make something like this work properly and I can't wait for it to be completed so that Ian can fully enjoy his motor.
  22. You are missing something... I'd say try Rickys idea Oggie. I'd also slightly sharpen the end of the brazing/welding rod to try & get it to dig into the rubber better. Oh & if you haven't got any brazing/welding rods then maybe look in the kitchen to see if you've any bbq skewers that you could use instead.
  23. Weather was perfect for driving today, ...sunny but not too hot.
×
×
  • Create New...