I think when I had mine (2007/08) the thing I enjoyed most was that my best mate also had one so we were always tinkering together on the cars.
He still has his which is a JDM my99 Impreza Sti Type RA V-Limited now sporting around 450Bhp@hubs (BBK, Teins etc etc).
It is a flippin' animal.
Must be an animal!!
Taken him something like 10 years to get it to that state. Honestly it's f**king scary being a passenger.
His engine is a forged build 2.1 stroker kit done on the closed deck EJ20 boxer engine by Paul Finch/Finch Motorsport (previous F1 engine builder with a history in motorsports). Not sure about the full spec or the turbo he's now using but let's just say it's very, very impressive.
The Ultimaker, ...yep definitely better than the MakerBot.
We have (x2) 3D Systems SLA 250's, (x1) 3D Systems Projet 6000 SLA, (x1) 3D Systems SLA 500 and (x2) 3D Systems Projet HD 3000 Plus so na na na na.
I think when I had mine (2007/08) the thing I enjoyed most was that my best mate also had one so we were always tinkering together on the cars.
He still has his which is a JDM my99 Impreza Sti Type RA V-Limited now sporting around 450Bhp@hubs (BBK, Teins etc etc).
It is a flippin' animal.
I know right.
Still a great looking saloon car imo whatever badge it's sporting though.
Subaru ran 1 car and it ran perfectly and won the class and finished 18th overall...... I have a soft spot for Imprezas
Me too sort of, ...loved my96 JDM Impreza but just not the constant repair bills.
Guess that's what I get though for buying an import with no history and modding it to within an inch of it's life. Loved the noise my anti lag set up used to make.
Not a bad idea but not my thing, plus kid's will only steal them.
I work in rapid prototyping using various methods with access to 3D printers as well. Are they made on a MakerBot?
Love the pictures Graham and what an event to go to that must have been.
Is it just me though or does that Impreza STi look like an EVO X from the front.
I would say go back to standard "ish", ....what I mean is some parts although will net you some extra cash if taken off and sold separately are a right pain to post/ship unless you can find local buyers willing to pick up.
Plus I think certain things on a car will be a plus to potential buyers that may actually make your car be the one they'll want rather than a totally bog standard car for the same money or similar.
For example I'd leave the coilovers on & the up-rated sway/anti roll bars ~ PITA to post and definitely a plus on a used car imo. Also things like secondhand LED bulbs I can't see selling.
You're missing out.
Not long after I had my car supercharged I turned my TC off and got my Mrs to film me on a private road as I peeled off leaving two sets of elevens up the road.
Felt like Jez Clarkson filming Top Gear for a brief moment; "Powweeerrr!"
It was all going so well until those high speed corners.
Oh and I set my LSD to the same set up as you mentioned you had on the previous page & I think it's actually made the car better.
Not playing anymore.
6:56:000 ~ invalid due to leaving the track & colliding with a barrier.
Followed by the next lap being invalid after getting one wheel on the grass & leaving the circuit sideways, ....followed by restarting from scratch, trying too hard & having a 130mph+ spin on the same f**king corner as the previous attempt.
^^ Not saving that one.
I shall have to give this another go later in the week when my rage subsides.