Jump to content

GMballistic

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    19,490
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GMballistic

  1. Does that car come with a chauffeur included or Alan Sugar to ride shotgun with you? Great engine (amazing power & top end), lovely ride, great workmanship, but surely that's a bit, ...dare I say, over 40's business man like?
  2. I'd say you have your answer from the majority, ...GTR it is.
  3. Oh well that's that then. Good news really though as soon enough you'll have the GTR to enjoy. Let us know when you want this locked.
  4. Tradelink and from there who knows? I kept checking on it and watched it sell for more money than I'd been asking for it on here (nature of the beast though) but obviously it's never surfaced on here. I did leave forum "spotted cards" in various places in the car as well but either when it was valeted they found them all (threw them away) or the new owner is not the sort of person to join car forums. Either way I hope it's in good hands & being enjoyed.
  5. Plus one on all of that. I didn't want to sell my supercharged Zed last year but it was the right (sensible) thing to do. I now own my own spacious 3 bed semi with my Mrs, ...we're paying the mortgage together and it's a lot less than rent being charged in Cardiff for poxy 2 bed flats. I hanker for a nice car again but for now I must make do with what I have & save for a nicer car in the future. Good things come to those who wait.
  6. Josh you're so close to R35 GTR money that for me, that's were I'd be aiming. My guess is the R35 will hold its value well (a lot better than some of the other suggestions made) and be easy enough to re-sell. Not to mention it is a massively capable car which is highly tune-able should you decide to modify it.
  7. This unfortunately. Still though you can get the Zed to sound great imo. I used to love the noise mine made with Berks De-Cats, an Invidia Gemini true dual system and the Vortech supercharger. Brief outside sound of my Zed filmed by another member on here whilst I was on a Castle Combe track day. You can hear the noise it makes over everything else as I accelerate out of the corner & up the straight. Static rev up. Sounded at it's best though at full WOT going through tunnels.
  8. I think I know the ones you're on about. The Berks De-Cats as I had those on my Zed. All Berks have done is have a slightly longer piece of metal for where the O2 sensors fit (doing the same job as the spacers mentioned by Jetpilot). Tbh Adrians statement below is probably the most truthful answer although some people do claim the spacers have worked for them. If you wanted to try the spacers I'm sure Adrian could get them for you or I know Clark Motorsport used to do them for around £12 each I believe. May well be wasted money though that could be better saved towards getting a proper UpRev (remap) done on your Zed which is what I'd do tbh.
  9. Love the tyres Rory as cars like the Zed really suit wide rear tyres imo. One thing I do wonder though (and maybe Ekona can answer this or someone else more up on their tyres than me) with you having a 295 tyre shouldn't you have lowered the profile down to 30? Only reason I even question it is because I used to run with 245/35/19 up front and 275/35/19 on the rear which I was told wouldn't mess up my traction control system (it didn't). When I enquired (with an alloy wheel/tyre trader) about putting 285's on the rear instead of the 275's I'm pretty certain he mentioned that firstly I'd need 255's upfront instead of the 245's then but I would also need to bring the profile down to 30 as it is essentially an aspect ratio, so the width of the tyre directly effects the height of the side wall. Maybe it's different though if yours are 18's and it's still within the parameters that the TCS works in.
  10. Got mine thanks Stu ~ thanks for putting in all the effort to make this happen.
  11. Simple, safe and yet very effective. Great thinking.
  12. ^^ That's an idea.
  13. I'm actually surprised though at the price of those tyre bags, ...I was expecting them to be a lot more expensive tbh.
  14. Sold - thread locked
  15. You do like them ugly don't you Dan?!! Definitely a unique motor but without a doubt imho should remain as a rare "classic", ...rather than a new production model.
  16. Yep maybe you're right leonk, ...not sure G wants to make it look like a weed grow tent. Hopefully next time he comes back online he'll give us some dimensions/more ideas of what he's after/thinks.
  17. There is no way I'd trade in any of the cars I've owned for a DeLorean, ...unless it could actually go backwards & forwards in time of course.
  18. What about this stuff for him leonk? Link: http://www.diy.com/departments/bq-loft-insulation-l75m-w600mm/182139_BQ.prd Cheap, good size length of it and should provide adequate insulation.
  19. Link here for you Andy B: http://www.350z-uk.com/user/9648-zmanalex/ Welcome aboard.
  20. Definitely worth it I'd agree. There is also always the cheap option of the Rolson foam tiles. Link: http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/garage-essentials/rolson-6-piece-floor-mat-set-120-x-180cm?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Garage+Equipment-_-Garage+Essentials-_-552101&_$ja=tsid:60494%7Ccgn:GoogleShopping%7Ckw:552101&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=xiarrrxaa&istBid=tzxx&_$ja=tsid:35522|cid:344535484|agid:25437357364|tid:pla-211142662084|crid:89797547524|nw:g|rnd:5050177868225935945|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CPma6KWrzcoCFdS7GwodcggJyA
  21. Sold - thread locked
  22. Sold - thread locked
  23. Am I reading that right when it says the walls are made of chicken wire?
  24. Definitely screws you need and not just clips are they? Most common Nissan trim clips here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/100-x-Car-Black-8mm-Hole-Panel-Trim-Clip-Door-Plastic-Rivet-Push-Fastener-Bumper/400707621759?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140211130857%26meid%3D5defddc551a145eaa4cbc319cd1622c3%26pid%3D100068%26clkid%3D2925348804587381513&_qi=RTM2063723 If it is definitely screws then it'll most likely just be black "Phillips head" self tapping screws, like these on here (lots of choice on length/size): http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2141725.m570.l1311.R1.TR7.TRC2.A0.H0.Xblack+self+t.TRS0&_nkw=black+self+tapping+screws&_sacat=0 Sorry guys as I don't have my Zed anymore otherwise I'd check for you & give you a more definitive answer. Hope it helps anyway.
  25. Well that's just showing off. Great stuff Jimmy & love all the pics.
×
×
  • Create New...