-
Posts
19,490 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GMballistic
-
[SOLD]Full Milltek Exhaust (ONLY £550 NOW)
GMballistic replied to Kieran_ctr's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Good news Kieran, ...let us know when it's gone and we'll lock the thread for you. -
It does look like a Veilside spoiler but not sure really how you'd go about fixing that especially if you're missing a part. Looks like the fixings have completely ripped out of the top part so its not going to be an easy fix unless maybe you could reattach the fixings using an epoxy filler maybe?!. Personally I'd be looking at maybe replacing the whole lot. Lots of options with spoilers as well so you could really put your own spin on what you want the Zed to look like. Personally I really like the duck tail type spoilers (as below). Try some of the traders on here (all in the Professional Traders section) for your spoiler options if you do decide to get new rather than repair. Good luck.
-
Fair few drifters on here, ..amateur and the not so amateur like Bizz. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/72723-bizzs-ls3-62l-v8-350z-drift-car-project-it-can-drift/
-
Anybody knows this S14a or in general S14a?
GMballistic replied to Vlad's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Don't know if I'd want to be 17 again, maybe 20 something again but just as long as I knew everything I know now and still earned the same. As far as the cars go I guess I see what you're trying to do as I agree with you that it would be such a shame to strip your Zed down to turn it into a drift car. It's far too nice to do that imo. Trust me though when I say you will sorely miss your supercharged Zed if you sell it, ...I know I do mine. -
Welcome aboard. No need for two threads though so merged. Lots of members attend JapFest with a forum stand also being there as well as traders. Pros ~ Massive event with on track action (drifting/demonstrations/public track time), traders, all sorts of Jap cars & more. Con ~ Very busy. Link: http://www.japfest.co.uk/whats-on-at-the-event
-
Welcome aboard.
-
I really like the look of that and the sound from the exhausts/engine is lovely. The only things I don't really like are the alloys (you could change them though) and those wing vents. I think the front end of that car has a great aggressive look to it imo, ...looks pretty mean, almost pi**ed off.
-
Definitely sad news. RIP Terry.
-
Anybody knows this S14a or in general S14a?
GMballistic replied to Vlad's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Vlad I know nothing about the S14's so can't comment on there worthyness etc, ...but I was in a similar situation to you last year and as you know I sold my Zed in order to increase my "free cash" available to me whilst I bought our house/moved/furnished it etc. It's a difficult decision getting rid of a car you've spent so much time, money & love on so only you can make the decision whether it's right or wrong to get rid of it but imo if you're doing it for the reasons I think you are then you need really to get a downgrade car for a year or two. Not a 400bhp+ modified car that in your own words you know little about so could go wrong so fast & end up costing you big money to repair. It doesn't have to be a 1.2 litre sh*t box downgrade car though Vlad as there are plenty of quick cars (hot hatches/saloons/coupes etc) out there which would still put a smile on your face during a spirited drive and be reliable enough not to cost you much cash whilst you moved house & saved for a better car. Just my 2 pence mate. -
[SOLD]Nissan 350z K&N 57-6013 FIPK Intake
GMballistic replied to russyb's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Sold - thread locked -
[SOLD]4 x 19" Rota GTRs and goodyear Eagle F1 Tyres
GMballistic replied to SteveM's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Sorry ragtop looks like you missed out on these. Sold - thread locked -
Don't worry, ....I'm sure everyone on here will still call you Krazie.
-
Same, ...I have no idea why you see the Transformers badge being put on cars at all. I would say maybe it's something the cool people are doing but as I'm one of the cool guys, ...I'm guessing it's geek related.
-
Definitely different and a lot better than the rest of the rubbish surrounding it.
-
By the looks of it that's a splined nut so technically it is a locking nut as you will need a specific socket to remove it/them. You could try removing them without the proper socket using the method in the below video although make sure you have some standard nuts to go back on in there place (or a new pack of locking wheel nuts which you have the key to). Contact one of the traders on here for locking wheel nuts to suit your Zed. I originally got my set from Mitz@the Cougar Store ~ £10 for 4 locking wheels nuts & the socket/key ..Or for possibly some on the same day you could try Halfords: http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-accessories/locking-wheel-nuts/mcgard-locking-wheel-nuts-24154su You can get splined nuts/bolts which have different numbers of splines so just count them up, ...yours look like they might be 6 spline. Pretty sure as long as you have the right number of splines for the size of nut then it doesn't have to be a specific name branded socket to work. Could only find one from the US on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-SPLINE-WHEELS-RIM-LOCK-LUG-NUTS-KEY-/131231226289?hash=item1e8dfd99b1:g:0lEAAOSwh6xTs6D1 Maybe try a trip to Halfords as it looks like something they may have. Another option for you is the "Gator grip" socket which will no doubt get that nut off (useful socket for anyone's toolbox). Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Gator-Grip-Universal-Socket-Ratchet-Wrench-Power-Drill-Adapter-Set-Tool-/131672756969?hash=item1ea84ed2e9:g:67UAAOSw7FRWaUsZ Hope that helps.
-
Yep I agree with you that you really shouldn't have to start cutting into plastics etc. Just poorly designed by Tein imo. Try selling your Tein ones on eBay or something and then use some of the money towards a decent set from Steve@Redline Styling or Adrian@TORQEN. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58754-carbon-fiber-bonnet-dampers-in-stock/ Link: http://www.torqen.uk/350z/body-styling/bonnet-dampers/463-350z-circuit-sports-bonnet-damper-ehd-n35b-tp.html Hope that helps.
-
I do agree with you that the UK housing market is pathetic but I don't really believe you can't get a mortgage (unless your credit rating is f**ked in which case you shouldn't be able to finance a new car). Have you honestly looked into mortgages at all? Been to see various building societies/banks or mortgage brokers etc yet? My fiancees brother & his wife are trying to get their own home here in South Wales. Due to his wife (something to do with previous debts/bad credit) they cannot get a joint mortgage together so it will solely be on him. He is a low earner and in fact earns less than yourself ~ he doesn't have much in the way of savings either but after looking around was offered a 95% mortgage with a building society for £80K with himself having to stump up £4K for the house deposit. It doesn't give them a lot of scope for houses in their area at all but it's a start. When they eventually find a house they like it will be the start for them and hopefully 5+ years later they'll be able to move to a better size/nicer home. That's how it works, ...nobody moves into a 5 bed, detached house with double garage & a GTR parked outside when they're your age unless they're people from wealthy families, successful entrepreneurs/young business starters or Lottery winners (but I'm sure in your heart you know all that). Not being harsh just my 2pence.
-
Lol. Just realised the picture I put up was the same one you linked to show which bolt you were trying to fit it too. So you should already know that you're trying to fit it in the wrong hole.
-
Hello Scott, I'm pretty certain that's not how the Tein bonnet struts are supposed to fit. If I remember correctly they're supposed to mount more inwards, ...basically on top of the battery/brake fluid reservoir areas. Found a picture for you below. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/18832-tein-bonnet-dampers-fitted/ Have also just found an image from a US 350Z owner showing his fitted in the bolt hole you've been trying to fit them in but it needs a mounting bracket from the looks of it which I guess you don't have. You could persevere with trying to fit the Teins which will no doubt need some modifications done to the car in order to fit especially on the brake fluid reservoir/battery cover surrounds where you'd need to modify the plastic cover surrounds for starters (I'm not sure whether there is a tapped hole ready for the Tein bolt either but I'd guess there probably is). If it was me I'd probably sell them on and just buy some more fit for purpose (less hassle) like the ones "Redline Styling" on here sell. I had the carbon fibre ones on my Zed and they were literally a doddle to fit. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/72194-how-to-fit-circuit-sports-bonnet-dampers/
-
Very sad news Tom. RIP.
-
Basically one of the best car tuning companies from Japan. Named after it's two founders. More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommykaira
-
Now I don't believe that.
-
Welcome aboard Matt. Nice looking Zed, ...well as you say, apart from the front bumper, ...I'm not a fan of how it looks either sorry. Plenty of options available to you though if you do decide to change the whole front bumper or go down the route of adding some aero type parts (splitter/canards etc) in order to change the look. Have a look at the professional traders section on here ~ Tarmac Sportz, TORQEN and plenty of other traders that can help you out. http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/93-professional-traders/ http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/products.aspx?CategoryId=43917caa-7861-49d5-a6fd-a668cc92c13e http://www.torqen.uk/ Regarding adding pictures to your posts. Best way to do that is by using Photobucket which is free to use & you'll get no issues with size etc. Link to Photobucket here: http://s273.photobucket.com/ Link to the forum guide here about adding pics: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/103472-how-to-add-your-photos-to-the-forum/ Hope that helps.
-
No and not mega money. Best option imo is as SHEZZA has linked. I'am surprised though Kraziekatz that you didn't already know about this as it pops up fairly regularly on here. More info here on your options in my post n#4: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/101885-rusty-underneath-help/
-
Plus one. Me personally it'll always be a coupe car over a roadster.