Jump to content

Jetpilot

Members
  • Posts

    7,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jetpilot

  1. frankly putting Vettel to shame. So i am curious, there was a lot of discussion last year on here and many popular internet motoring journals surrounding Vettel and his talents and did he deserve to be 4 time world champ. Basically, is he as good as his 4 times champ title suggests? I also think this was the question a lot were asking, what was he capable of when he wasnt in by far and away the best car. Admittedly he has had a string of bad luck, but if he has finished Ricciardo has still been in front of him most of the time??
  2. I cycle too, but have no issue with the comment as from what I can see these days its true, a cyclist is certainly not as accountable as a driver and they know it, hell I know it, I was out later than I should have been the other week, I had no lights, what was I going to do, walk home with my bike or ride, I rode home very slowly on the pavement, it was only 4 miles, a police car drove past and nothing, you can be dam sure if I was in a car with no lights on the pavement I would have been stopped, is there a difference?
  3. I have no issues with motorists when out on my mountain bike and yes I mean when I am on the road. I am in no rush to get to the offroad bit and give every respect to motorists, lets put it like this, they will do more damage to me than I will to them, whether they are in the right or wrong, I will not take risks with a ton and a half or more of moving metal! But here in lies the issue i believe, i am travelling slowly on road, i can stop on a dime and avoid easily, i am not in any way trying to "keep or get up my average speed" on a bike I am strapped to that cant make quick turns, hop up a kerb or bail from if necessary, just to impress your mates with a good average. The roads are a means of transport, you want to get out and improve your average, do what most do here if they actually want a nice drive, get out at 4 or 5 in the morning and home in time for breakfast without busy roads were you put yourself in danger!
  4. Will you be doing this in just frp buddy?
  5. Given the general feeling between the two, cyclists/motorists it wouldnt surprise me if something doesnt get done soon, i get the feeling its getting to boiling point! I went for a little cruise on my mountain bike the other day, a motorist was waiting to pull out of a junction and a Bradley Wiggins wanna be was coming down the road, the car driver had edged out to get a view to his left as there was a line of parked cars, the cyclist coming from the right had to move maybe a foot or two out into the road to pass the car, he sat up in his saddle and pointed that the front of the car was a foot or two out the junction and gave this wtf do you think your doing look with massive grimace, the car driver went ballistic! I was coming from the left and just shouted at Bradley, get a F ing grip mate just go round! There was absolutely no need to make such a big deal of it, he just had to cycle round, but he had to make a point of it! It will end in tears i tell you!!
  6. Those poor old japanese with their inferior brakes You must see a crashed zed on every corner
  7. A 370z will depreciate way more than your 350 just because its newer, how much cheaper will the 350 get, if you bought one at £6k i think it will take a while to get to £3k for example, you would probably do that in 2 years on a 370z. As said above, not many people want a gas guzzler and sales of the 370 were never that good (compared to the 350), maybe a good thing as they will be harder to come by, maybe a bad thing as they werent popular (relatively speaking) and if you get into modding it, as i am sure you will, you will probably buying new parts as the 2nd hand market isnt there like for the 350. I like them and have an urge, but the extra necessary to buy one just doesnt work for me at the moment.
  8. Been toying with the replica seat for a while but a question for the masses, i understand the safety discussion when it comes to recliners, i.e brackets/mechanisms used to hold the back and base together, which only really comes into effect if you have a rear ender, but how do people feel about fixed back replicas. In terms of materials, how much worse could a fiberglass or carbon mould be in structure?
  9. Check out the link i posted, loads of info with what sizes people are running. Minimum widths i would say are 8 front 9 rears, but you wont fit a 275 on a 9, 8.5 and 9.5 to run a 245 front & 275 rear.
  10. Just get some springs for now, i sold my Apexi for £60 - £75 (cant remember) and they were a great spring! You need to take a look at mine mate, my sprayer flared my arches without need for paint, when you next down at the shed? Speak to Buster or Keyser, they have seen mine! Mine worked out at 9.5 minus 5 (theoretical), what is your width and theoretical offset?
  11. Maybe this might give you some ideas http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79656-all-encompassing-wheel-size-offset-thread/
  12. Only having some banter, glad you didnt get all emotional like others seem too
  13. They do if you do your research and don't order them with a boner and drooling To be fair, i got caught out, widths look good, offsets good etc.....ah, big old Brembos. I was just lucky i had some room to tinker without any major issue Worst case i would have bought a narrower front lip, the advantage of a 3 piece wheel i guess
  14. Go on find a post of me condemning Rotas, go on i dares ya and saying there not original isnt condemning them often ive said i have nothing against them as i had them along with my Works vs-kf, volk gt-p, Adavn model 5's, Stitch eurolines and nismo LMGT4s All depends on your definition, sure I rememeber a recent thread In a discussion you had with Trickricky about wheels some more comments surrounding Rota Nice wheel list (which ones you still got ) are we having a wheel waving contest? If we are, Docwra wins
  15. Is this the same man that condemned Rotas (even though you bought a set) and your putting forward Inovit....... Five spoke simple design
  16. Pretty much given up offering opinions in this place but, if your after a "show" wheel for looks I would say you need to go for something which is a bit different and or rare! Volks gtc, sf's as above, work equips or any of the links from Stevo, also think for show they need to be almost impractical, I.e wide with low offset! If its just a nice wheel over and above std rays, there have also been some good offerings. If you want go mad, look at some forged offerings from Nessen and Iforged etc
  17. Did he not set a fastest lap of the race not minutes after he was complaining about lack of downforce from said front wing damage?
  18. Jetpilot

    Stance

    What's wrong with discussing it and thoughts on the extremes? It's nice to have thoughts on anything positive or negative, far better than just endless threads saying 'wow thats great' Sent from the golf club... What did you preach to me the other day, your not down the pub with your mates now....oh the Irony I don't preach to anyone, stop trying to turn a bit of banter into an argument Your interpretation of Irony is worse than Alana Morissette's Sent from the golf club... You seem to think i keep wanting an argument, far from it, you choose to quote my comment, i am just replying follow your own advise
  19. Jetpilot

    Stance

    What's wrong with discussing it and thoughts on the extremes? It's nice to have thoughts on anything positive or negative, far better than just endless threads saying 'wow thats great' Sent from the golf club... What did you preach to me the other day, your not down the pub with your mates now....oh the Irony
  20. Jetpilot

    Stance

    Great thread, a member starts a thread about stanced cars and it turns into a debate about what people think! If you dont like it or the topic, dont post, no one asked if members likes stance, its a thread about stance!
  21. By the converter chip, you mean the Speedo Converter itself right? I don't know much about this but I would have thought that on an imported car, the ECU would need to be told to read in MPH (hence the ECU wiring on a speedo converter). I like the idea of simply buying a UK speedometer to correct things but need to improve my understanding before I do. The converter chip you buy to change from kmh to mph that you splice into the loom. Why do you need to improve your understanding, it works, I have done it as have others I would presume the markings on the dials are different spacings but correspond correctly to read in mph! So I have gone with my instinct and purchased and had installed a UK Speedometer to try and cure this overspeed indication that i'm getting on both gauges of my JDM and guess what ... ? It still reads approx. 5mph fast through most speeds when tested against a GPS receiver with HUD interface. I am not writing this to try and disprove your argument as you have advised me based on your own evidence, however I am more than a little frustrated that I trusted my gut on this one based on feedback from the forum. However, I made the decision and have to live with it. - Perhaps improving my understanding before making decisions is not such a bad idea afterall ? Cross purposes mate, i was replying to Vlads original question of the needle bouncing and in your thread i read you were having the same problem. As above, all speedos over read, hence why the Police allow a % over the speed limit for inaccuracy, i have never in any of my cars had a speedo be 100% accurate to gps, i bet there is not a car in the land that is 100%.
  22. Only seen one on the road, more so parked up, but they look stunning in the flesh, better than the photos imho
  23. By the converter chip, you mean the Speedo Converter itself right? I don't know much about this but I would have thought that on an imported car, the ECU would need to be told to read in MPH (hence the ECU wiring on a speedo converter). I like the idea of simply buying a UK speedometer to correct things but need to improve my understanding before I do. The converter chip you buy to change from kmh to mph that you splice into the loom. Why do you need to improve your understanding, it works, I have done it as have others I would presume the markings on the dials are different spacings but correspond correctly to read in mph!
  24. They look very similar to Nessen 5.2
  25. The problem seems to be the converter chips for whatever reason on the 350 (never had it on any other import), i took my converter chip off and the jdm speedo worked perfectly in kmh, hence why i realised it was the chip not the speedo itself.
×
×
  • Create New...