Jetpilot
Members-
Posts
7,743 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Jetpilot
-
Could be one of the residents has complained? I would knock on the door and ask the question if you want it
-
Yeah we get it, but sadly thats not the point being made, its opinions surrounding window tints, "sorry buster that looks silly" being backed up with "laws" to justify ones argument, but one that falls on very deaf ears when i would doubt most members are holier than though when it comes to other aspects of road "law" So it's ok because sometimes people go over the limit? It's silly because it's illegal, speeding is silly too. Buster is a good mate, he & his missus bought my old Zed, his side window tints are silly because they won't be on his insurance, could get him pulled over and could get him in trouble if he was in an accident, but it's his choice Please stop trying to make this an argument, I am stating fact and you are just adding things into the mix, not sure why Legal tints - great Illegal tints - silly You just abide by the "laws" you want to if it suits you but don't moan when people point the legalities out as this is a public forum not you and your mates down the pub Sent from the golf club... I am not trying to make this argument, you make the point i am making, everyone preaching about legalities when i doubt they are squeaky clean themselves, i am fully aware this is public forum, doesnt stop you voicing your opinion, i will do the same
-
Yeah we get it, but sadly thats not the point being made, its opinions surrounding window tints, "sorry buster that looks silly" being backed up with "laws" to justify ones argument, but one that falls on very deaf ears when i would doubt most members are holier than though when it comes to other aspects of road "law"
-
Is that the same theory for the speed limit? I am sure only the other day you mention doing 34 In a 30? Stretching the law with speed limits Is no different to stretching the legal tint levels. Be very different If someone was doing 50 in a 30 or spinning around in a car with limo tint all round.
-
I look out my front untinted window and vision from the side is perfect, its barely noticeable, I cant always wind the window down if I have concerns, just like taken off sunglasses! Nanny state at its best!
-
I am guessing no one wears sunglasses when their driving??
-
Oh cool! I got spare set of clocks, so will try them. Thanks No worries buddy, just make sure they are uk ones
-
So when did you guys last know someone being fined for middle lane hogging, it may well be in the highway code but its not enforced.
-
Had exactly the same buddy, there is a post somewhere. I tried a replacement converter and it still did the same. Swapped to a set of uk clocks and been fine since
-
http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84921-best-of-both-worlds/ Limo on back and quaters, light smoke on the front
-
Sure there was a buyers guide recently on pistonheads and by all accounts converting from lhd to rhd isnt that bad? http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=161&i=30264
-
But that's what F1 is all about, facing new challenges, new regulations, stretching the boundaries, evolving. When was the last time that a leading team ran the same car for more than one season? When was the last time that regulations didn't change from season to season? Probably 20 years, maybe more. Yes, it is a massive overhaul, the whole car will need to be redesigned but they do that every season anyway. Pete Maybe there Is no significant advantage to be gained by running bigger wheels/tyres?
-
Just had a dull few minutes to have a search, F1 wheel with tyre weighs roughly 4.89kg
-
I managed to squeeze (effective measurements) a 9" minus 5 with no more than a slight pull on the front, wouldnt want to go much more though!
-
Anyone know what size wheel they use, out of interest? I must admit whilst watching LeMans and the way one guy lifts the wheels of the big gt cars, they must weigh hardly anything and they have to be running 18's or 19's!!
-
I dont have any stats to hand but i wonder what the average family saloon of the last decade stops in from 70mph? I would reckon half the highway code stopping distances?? The problem you have there is there are some absolute bags of nails still using the roads, although they might well be "safe" enough to pass an Mot, they certainly wont stop in anything like the distance of a recent car. So a modern car travelling at 70 has to haul up fast, the old bag of nails is just going to plough into the back of it! Its not an equal playing field, maybe a stricter mot get some of the sheds off the road? As is often discussed on here, been pulled for speeding, blah blah blah, nothing else on the road etc etc So how about having certain limits at certain times of day (weather conditions pending), like 12am - 6am, 100mph (m roads) or whatever. I bet this would also reduce congestion as a good % would choose to travel within that time frame, if the journey was non essential?? You could also use the overtake for lorries button and apply a reduction in ved if they travel within certain times? I think there are some very obvious and easy solutions to congestion, but there will always be someone who decides to crusade against change and sadly thats were any government is too weak and its always a good way to fleece us under the pollution and green banner. I dont think they actually want to reduce congestion, just keep charging us more to use the roads!
-
Totally agree, but there Is no law against being in it if your not overtaking, but there is a law against speeding. That is where the argument will lie, if someone is doing 70mph in the middle lane with nothing else in front of them, by the letter of the law, why should they move over for someone breaking the law? I am afraid thats peoples attitude, personally I use the Inside lane at all times, draws less attention to yourself
-
I must admit I have been surprised by the young ages of middle lane morons, I always take a look as i pass with the expectation of them being of the older generation, perhaps wrongly! Even took a drive with a couple of mates (early 30's) to collect a jet ski recently, long m way trip, I didnt say anything but he sat in the middle lane, on the way back someone was flashing and he said I wonder why he is fashing, I then said, probably because your sat in the middle lane with nothing on the inside, the other mate then said, but we are doing the speed limit he shoulnt be overtaking anyway. So to play devils advocate, does he have a point as you will find this is the attitude of many many drivers, until recently lane discipline is not breaking the law, but speeding is? Does a law need to bought in where unless you are overtaking you cant be in the outer 2 lanes? Do we forget lane discipline altogether and allow m ways to be used like highways?
-
You mean like simply replying with a yawn smiley when someone gave you some decent info you might have actually wanted to take on board, because you actually dont know best? Stones and glass houses spring to mind Personally i think uprev is expensive. I can buy an Apexi stand alone ecu for £595 for an Rx7, a decent first map session will cost £300 on the rollers, less if you want to hunt about and subsequent changes at an hourly rate, i have never been on a dyno for more than an hour for changes, exhaust, fuel pump, intercooler etc etc, usually @ £110 per hour. It was always advised if the question was asked, "i want to learn to map", from various members, learn on a na car, unless your a complete ham fisted fool, its very difficult to get it badly wrong. Turbo cars are very different, get it wrong and it will go wrong badly and quickly, its a fine art on turbo cars, using boost gain on controllers, fuel pressure, water/meth injection etc etc if you want to get the absolute most out of the car. A couple of times a tuner had said to me, i dont think we can get any more even by upping the boost, but its your call, if it goes pop you have been warned. I certainly dont think there is any black magic in tuning a 350, a base map will be uploaded and tweaked, hence they all make similar power with the same mods, but imho there definitely is with turbo cars and mappers
-
Thanks all At least i can update with the finishing touches as they go. Headlight tint and hr bonnet are next on the list, but should be able to show some interior and engine bay shots as soon as i get a chance to get the parts on.
-
I always remember Jamie Reknapp discussing Luiz and describing him as an assassin when it comes to his defensive duties, its just his style, he is not a bad defender, just not orthodox in a classic definition of a solid old school defender like Adams, Terry etc
-
The last thing I read about speed limits were an increase to 80!!! Now a talked about reduction!! Agree with everybody else. Really dont think speed is an issue, driving standards are the root of the problem. Motorway driving, overtaking and other far more practical things should be incorporated into the driving test, including some form of car control, not just how to stop in a straight line quickly! Even if there was a bolt on test you could take just for motorways, but only after you have been driving for 6 months? Also think there should be some form of re testing, maybe at retirement age and subsequent 5 yearly gaps, if you have been banned from driving and if you have caused a major accident. Or maybe if you reach 9 points you can opt for a retest and have your points cleared? All this driver awareness courses and avoiding points is just keeping idiots on the road imho!
-
Ronal Teddies, if you could get the widths I would run them
-
I must admit the recent whines from some of the drivers is getting beyond ridiculous, behaving like spoilt children, get on with racing!
-
It will probably settle a bit lower as it had been up on trolley jacks, but no lower, needs to be semi practical