Jump to content

Jetpilot

Members
  • Posts

    7,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jetpilot

  1. 20flb of torque and 15bhp for how much cost?
  2. You know exactly what i mean Should Yamaha, Kawasaki and Mitsubishi etc stuck to their roots? It wasnt bust it was sold by Chrysler Even then the Germans didnt get it right as sales fell by some 50% in late 2000's. Anyway, i dont like the new era of styling, you do
  3. They never had problems selling the Countach or Diablo so not sure i really get your point and whilst i used Pagani as a reference, its hardly fair to compare units sold between a mainstream manufacturer and small boutique/specialist builder, so of course there is a reason and its nothing to do with desirability of a Pagani, just look at 2nd hand pricing There was probably a reason why buyers bought Lambos over Ferrari, Porsche etc and it wasnt because they were better cars, as they werent, it was just because they were the mad alternative and a bit wild. Whilst the German input has improved their build quality, reliability etc which obviously makes them more desirable and perhaps competitive, its a shame to loose that mad (or extreme) styling imho as that was the Lambo way. I have no doubt they will sell them as per cars of old but feel they are loosing that image, it may be a good thing for them and sell more, but there is no mad alternative any more which is a pity if you ask me.
  4. There is no denying the German input has got rid of the above mentioned flaws, which is a good thing of course, but imho its a shame if Lambo styling goes tame. There was a reason Countach and Diablo posters adorned walls across the country. Cars can still look mad and be good Pagani etc prove that
  5. Jetpilot

    Volk te37 wheels

    Try jdmdistro, they will be your most likely candidates for a 2nd hand set
  6. I bought a replica from RT and wasnt that impressed with the work necessary to fit vs purchase price, in the end it cost the same as buying an original inc fitting, in hindsight i would have bought original. I also note another member had similar concerns around about the same time i purchased mine or shortly after. Get a fitted price from RT if i was you so you can budget.
  7. Lambo possibly entering the hybrid hypercar market. Is it me or are the two latest Lambos becoming a bit too "German" and by that i mean, loosing the Italian design influence of something mad. I know both cars look good, but, they are a bit tame imho.
  8. Personally I like the std ish shape, so nismo v1, amuse for example. Do luck is very nice too
  9. If they are going to come apart again i would flick a coat over the exposed lips where the centres bolt too rather than leave them aluminium colour, would look much better if it matched the centres
  10. All depends what you want out of the car too imho. A build is often a labour of love rather than necessity, some are functional, I.e more power for the track or drag strip and to be honest as was the case with me with rx7s (although not an engine swap), you just get caught up in chasing big hp numbers. I had 501hp in a car that weighed 1250 ish kgs, it was utterly rediculous, way too much power for the road and on track you needed 100% concentration or it would bite you in the ass, in essence I ruined the car on my quest for bragging rights. I am subscribed to Ians build thread and love the dedication and fully get it because of his situation, but 400-500hp in a zed is more than enough for road or track imho.
  11. Couldnt agree more, but its easily changed
  12. I get the feeling there is perhaps more to the story, other fi'd cars have sold for quite a bit more with no issue. I remember seeing a thread about the car when it all the holes in the bumper but cant find it now.
  13. Obviously not Dont ask the question (which you have) if you dont want to hear the answer. I agree about the Rota comments, but there is a caveat to that, Rotas look good and there really is only a handful of people on here running Volks, mostly all different styles so your never going to bump into many Volk equipped Zeds As you say, you wanted to be a bit different and not follow the mainstream, which is great imho, but because of that you will polarise opinions with a bold choice of wheel. Accept the comments you welcomed and enjoy getting the look you want
  14. Still for sale, as of two weeks ago, whats the catch guys, seems extremely cheap for what it is i.e forged etc
  15. Depends on if your talking the real meaning of lag, i.e throttle response to power output, hesitation or slower throttle response or what is most commonly thought of as lag, which is it how long it will take for the turbo to spool up and reach positive boost, or boost threshold If your using the common definition and waiting for the turbo to spool etc, your in the wrong gear imho and change down, hopefully that makes sense
  16. You can exchange the speedo/rev console, if thats what your asking (not just pcb boards inside) but you will need to have mileage altered to read your current mileage. I swapped to Uk gauges on my jdm and had my mileage corrected to match. You may need the little white box that the fan controls plug into also, behind the centre consul.
  17. Absolutely, its good we all like different cars I personally find the R8 styling bland and unexciting, V8 is nothing special (yes i have driven one) and would i pay the price for the V10, no as that brings another batch of exotica into the mix. Justifying purchase of said cars on the basis of service costs is immaterial and as above, its trying to get a tick in the box over the Gtr as all gtr owners will argue the speed difference.
  18. Loosely translated, i know the gtr is so much quicker than my r8 i have to find a way to justify buying the slower car, lets be honest, if you can afford £35-£40k worth of car a few hundred quid on servicing is immaterial.
  19. Excellent Note to self, need more power
  20. And it actually costs a large large sum of money to avoid tax, offshore accounts etc
  21. I'm the first to admit am a hippocrit, as much as I find the concept of getting money for doing nothing (ie: investment) a odd situation, I'm actively looking to put our savings into as profitable investment portfolio as possible....And if I can build up a big enough portfolio to let me retire by 45-50, great. But surely if every did this who's actually going to any real 'work'....Unless you can find cheap labour from near by countries Swings and roundabouts though isnt it, for every one person that might want to retire early, there are probably some who prefer to work (run a company), i have a couple of friends, one under 40 who was offered 34 million for a company he started 8 years ago but he loves what he does and the other (late 40's) could happily sit back on guessing £200-£300k a year whilst others run his business but he enjoys "business", so doesnt want to retire, he actually tried semi retirement but he said he got bored as hell.
  22. I agree, if someone has had a the ability to achieve a lot of wealth then fair play to them. I also dont like the phrase 'make them pay more' as that is anti-enterprise and actually if they are not taking tax loopholes (which is a different issue) then buy having a higher earning level they are already paying more, its how %s work. I totally agree with you. Personally, I would love to drug test people getting benefits and if they fail then they don't get any. I don't think that taxpayers should be paying for junkies habits. Benefits should be for buying food, paying bill and clothing. I do agree with helping people get off drugs who genuinely want to, however those who take methadone and also use junk shouldn't get a penny or any help. They don't want to help themselves then why should the taxpayer care. I do agree that some people can genuinely end up in a rut and these are the people we should be helping. I have seen his happen to a family member who lives in harrogate, the cost of living has went so high, she had some really ill health which lost her her job, and now her kids are struggling to have dinners. People like these do need help. Junkies and thiefs don't deserve a penny. I am sure this will cause controversy on here, but i dont see any reason why any benefits are paid in cash, they should have an automatically credited debit card they can use to buy the essentials, food, clothes, pay bills, but not cigarettes/drink/drugs/ and a host of other things i would class as luxury items, i guess it probably works for the government on drink and fags as they end up getting most of that money back in duty & vat
  23. Good old social media. I think the problem these days is we have too much info, fed to us in the interest of presenting election special broadcasts. Not so long ago people would have never known about, vote share, even poll numbers etc, unless you really digged, now its all presented in colourful graphs at our very fingertips. A few years ago all people would have known was conservatives have the majority seats and that would have been that, on the most part.
  24. Still grinning, enough said and thanks for tools, what is the torque setting for beating the tyre fitter Andy mentioned 135+ i think Gm, i was about 115-120.
  25. The only reason i bought an exhaust is because of the sound, so its money well spent, wasnt interested in any minimal performance gains it might or might not give. You can always get good returns on selling exhausts too, so its not dead money so to speak One of my last times out at Castle Combe a mate was in his upreved 350z, there was absolutely nothing in it on acceleration.
×
×
  • Create New...