Jump to content

Ceejay29

Members
  • Posts

    1,700
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ceejay29

  1. Anybody win it on here?? Chucked in a bid with 10 seconds remaining which wasn't enough and just missed out (by what must have been hundredths of a second) with an increased bid....bloody eBay auctions
  2. That isn't too bad Thanks dude, much appreciated.
  3. Ceejay29

    Epic

    I usually realise/notice that a figure is going to read but then forget on the day
  4. Hi guys, some of you must have experience with posting a plenum? Any estimations or recollections on postage costs? Thanks
  5. Q. "does the Merc have enough fuel to get to a petrol station or would i need to bring a can" A. "there are a few fumes of diesel left in it but bring a can in case" Q. "Does the car still have its towing eye attachment, or has it been worn out with use?" - Just spat my tea mug of tea everywhere! Brilliant!
  6. Would love to see some examples of your airbrushing
  7. Surprised I have only just seen this, best part of a year old!
  8. I run that tyre size, stretched slightly, and have the hub/PCD adapter you specify, albeit with what I believe to be a 25mm spacer included (seller listed it as a 29mm spacer ). Arches are also rolled to accommodate a pretty low stance. I would try and run a larger tyre on the rear, as mentioned above.
  9. This is terrible news Wasso, it must be so upsetting and frustrating....so much time and care is put into our cars, especially yours! Your 'devil' response as you put it is totally understandable and I believe many of us would have acted in the same manner, I know I certainly would have. Half of me is thankful that you didn't manage to pull him from the car, provoked you clearly would have unleashed a lot of pain and could be facing charges yourself, but the other half wishes you did. This pr**k needs to face the consequences. You will get it sorted and she will come back looking lovely, I just hope the circumstances suit you. Good luck.
  10. Hi Guys, I have noticed that a few import adverts state that the current vehicle mileage reading is wrong as the initial percentage was calculated in KM within its native country. Therefore, for example, it is actually 60,000 instead of it being the 80,000 miles recorded. This does make sense, but for some reason I was under the impression that the mileage was converted at the same time as the speedometer was? Also, how accurate would you deem the current odometer calculation of an import car, by this I mean the its calculation of distance today, as I have a feeling the speedometer probably isn't spot on which I would suggest calculates a higher or lower distance? Thanks p.s. One other question; I am trying to locate the original mileage of the car when it was imported. I have found a 'certificate of cancellation of registration' but it more or less contains generic information, a chassis number and the export owner. Do you know if the DVLA would hold this historical information on the car, or is it pretty much surplus to them?
  11. I see so many people using their mobile phones whilst driving, stuck to the side of their head, failing to indicate and driving dangerously. I really do not understand why people feel the need to do it, if it is that important then pull over, otherwise call back when you have reached the destination!! £100 is a lot of money to most of us, but not all and I cant help but feel that these people will not stop until something fatal happens. Unfortunately this is the wake up call they need.
  12. I have just changed the droplinks, fitted adjustables all round and am now suffering from this at the front! Grrrrr!!
  13. Potentially very expensive indeed! Quick read online; 'an issue at the Ring such as closing the track due to an oil drop, or hit Armco, you will have a bill to pay. Ensure you have a means to pay this bill on the spot. A 30 minute closure will cost you around £1,000, a medium to hard Armco contact, between £2K and £5K.'
  14. Didn't realise you were charged for repairs to the circuit, the thought hadn't crossed my mind! That is a real kick between the legs.
  15. Good morning RT, apologies, I forgot to remove my name from the list a while back, wanted something for Japfest so I purchased a different lip. Therefore I am afraid I am out.
  16. Brings a whole new meaning to "It corners like a boat" Apologies if this is a re-post, quite an old video
  17. Mr Blobby Prank http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22611581
  18. SMD ^^^^
  19. Services aren't very exciting, but you can almost guarantee that if you chose the tail lights over the service, something will go wrong and cost you more in the long run!
  20. Now for sale at £25 and advertised on Ebay
×
×
  • Create New...