Jump to content

Ceejay29

Members
  • Posts

    1,700
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ceejay29

  1. Ceejay29

    370z Akebono

  2. Ceejay29

    370z Akebono

    Will I require 350 or 370 brake lines for the Akebono conversion? Hopefully the former as they are much cheaper although its more likely to be the latter as it is a 370 brake kit Thanks
  3. Cheers Lee, what is the turn around on the brackets? Do I wait for you or go ahead?
  4. Hi, I am upgrading the JDM Z33 brake set up with 370z Akebono’s. I need front caliper adapters with mounting bolts washers etc and braided brake lines. Do any traders stock either on here and at what price? Thanks CJ
  5. Ok thanks, will have a think
  6. So I simply remove my single din and cubby and replace it with this surround? Tempting as I will need one for the future, but should probably buy a head unit first. Hmmm. How much is retail?
  7. Ceejay29

    370z Akebono

    Lee, I will be calling you to discuss options as soon as funds permit
  8. Ceejay29

    370z Akebono

    Exciting times. Thanks
  9. Ceejay29

    370z Akebono

    I am getting much closer to upgrading the poor JDM brake setup on the 350, ideally I would like a BBK but funds may not stretch this far. Tempted by the GT Brembo's although I fancy something different to the norm. I am currently leaning towards a 370z brake kit although I know very little about their brake setup...Do all 370's have Akebono brakes, or is this a further upgrade again? Has anybody fitted an Akebono brake kit to a 350? Thanks CJ
  10. Nice!! I love the first picture of the azure, the close up. I am tempted by this alone as the addition seems pretty smooth and seamless. I wonder if this could be incorporated into the lines of the boot lid somehow, instead of it appearing to be stuck on. There must be a boot lid that flows into a rear lip??
  11. Will be advertising these on Ebay this week
  12. Am I right in thinking that these are not simply plug and play?
  13. There is no denying that the UK GT Spec is more desirable and will hold its money far better, but their are some nice JDM's out there. I have owned a Fairlady for approximately 18 months now and do not have any regrets, bought it based on its service history and modifications.We haven't had any issues regarding fault codes, all have been identifiable though our Snap-on Modis code reader - I am sure that most garages will have something similar which is capable of reading codes. As mentioned above there are key additional extras or upgrades with the UK GT, such as Brembos, electric leather seats and electrical compatibility (SAT-NAV, Bluetooth etc). Out of the majority the only thing I would have wanted are the Brembo brakes as the JDM ones look pants, especially when you run 19's! You will find a 'decent' JDM cheaper than a 'decent' UK GT but consider the cost of upgrading certain parts. No point in saving a grand on a JDM if you then have to spend that on Brembo's for example.
  14. Ceejay29

    Camber

    Morning chaps, What are your opinions on these stats? I didn't want neg 3 camber at the rear due to tyre wear and surface contact, although this is necessary until I have further arch work carried out.
  15. Right fellow forum members, after a long drive it seams to have rectified itself I parked on a level surface and it was back to normal, panic over. I will probably measure it all regardless this weekend for peace of mind. All I can guess is that it was a result of being parked on a steep hill with a dodgy handbrake for a few days. The hand brake seems to grip much better at the OSR, therefore I presume this took the brunt of the weight when facing down compressing the shocker. Had to resettle as mentioned above. Thanks for the wise words of advice, no doubt it will come in handy in the near future.
  16. I have been adjusting the ride height with the car in the air, using the ramp at the garage. Could have been on a slight gradient but I have noticed it whilst parked in two different areas. I will have another look tonight when it is parked in the car park, with the handbrake off as I think I holds better on one side. It drives fine, just looks like somebody boss-eyed has set it up.
  17. Ah ok, I have been using a vernier gauge. I will check using your suggested method too. Thanks Neilp
  18. Hi all, I have recently ditched the stretched tyre look for some extra rubber, consequently I need to lift the suspension a little on the rear as I now have a profile that laps the rim edge - it's a bit cosy! It has also become apparent that the OSR is lower than the NSR, which I haven't noticed before. I am pretty sure I measured it accurately (to the mm) during the last ride height adjustment made. Could something be broken? I am going to have a look at it this weekend, anything I should check for? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks CJ
  19. Quick update following the odd question; the width of the wheel in the photograph is 9.5 inch. This allows the tyre stretch to be gauged in relation to a wheel width you may have.
  20. Liking the look of the strut brace . Great upgrade for the tired looking oem
  21. Not got any fitted pics as yet but if you want to take some I will knock you a tenner off Need confirmation by Monday if anyone wants them at this price Sounds like a good deal - PM me the details and I will make payment
  22. Hi, Here for sale I have two used Falken tyres in very good condition, note that they are not listed as a pair as strictly speaking they are not – as discovered today! Both are the same size 215/35/zr19 and manufacturer, although one is a 452 and the other is a 453. Lots of tread left as you would expect covering approximately 1500-2000 miles over predominantly short journeys. 6.5-7mm tread remaining, slight reduction on the inner edge due to a natural negative camber resulting from lowering the car. The reason for sale is that I wanted to ditch the stretched look for extra rubber, an increase in ride height and reduction in spacer width permitted this. These were mildly stretched on the front, you would never know looking at the tyre walls - perfect. Now running 225 on the front and 255 on the rear (just), so an expensive start to the new year for me! A photo of the minor stretch Hoping for £80 per tyre which is roughly a 45% reduction on what I paid for them. Collection only from Bath any time of the day – or I am willing to meet within a reasonable distance to help (this would be outside of office hours). Hopefully somebody can make use of them… Thanks for looking CJ
  23. Oooo tempting. Do they just stick on and how neat is it? Any hi-res images of them fitted?
×
×
  • Create New...