Ceejay29
Members-
Posts
1,700 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ceejay29
-
GM I can't believe how quick you were to comment, thought I had saved myself from that epic typo.
-
FAST CAR! Bloody auto correct!
-
Just bought it today to read about the 350 Is it a good read? I must confess I can't remember the last time I bought a magazine, certainly wasn't Fart Cat, usually pop into Smiths for a quick flick through Jap Perf and Banzai
-
I am fairly certain that this months magazine features a white 350. Haven't seen it myself, just the cover page online. Could be worth a read?
-
I imagine that they are worth every penny as they look sweet!
-
Big thumbs up, looks good. What bolts have you used for the brace?
-
Ok thanks. I am in the market for a mines lip, will have a think.
-
Both lips appear to have split in the same place? Is there a slight weakness at this point or have they suffered impact?
-
Thanks Matt, I will generate a design in Photoshop or AutoCAD tomorrow and PM you. It will be simplistic. Scott I am guessing that you have the provisions to generate them? Thanks guys
-
Parello's Azure/Matte Blue 3M 350z Complete!
Ceejay29 replied to parello9's topic in Member Build Projects
Much prefer the rear, clean and smooth lines. -
Hi All, Does anybody know of a decent sticker company that I could use in order to generate a personal sticker. I am after something small, in text form similar to the style of the forum stickers. Thanks
-
Great stuff Lyndzzz, precisely what I have been prepping this weekend. Looking good :thumbs
-
Had a sneaky peak at a package we received at the garage last week ....The Akebono brake kit courtesy of R35LEE, who I would highly recommend, top man I will add the boxes to the pile that has been gathering over the last 6 months, which includes an Exedy hyper single clutch, lightened flywheel and release bearing among many other cool mods. This to do list is building rapidly
-
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
May have bitten off more than I can chew Man power is not enough, I think I will finish it tomorrow using machinery -
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
Thanks for the heads up Daryl, I can recall my father looking alarmed whilst watching me manhandle the harness and god knows what else during installation. The kit fits in ok, but like you said it is super snug. I may now modify the box ever so slightly when I remove it for paint. -
Great stuff, some bold additions there Grundy, hats off to you. I would love to get my old girl remapped, although I'd be concerned about the resulting figures. Do you mind if I ask what performance mods you have and is that reading at the flywheel?
-
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
Thanks guys, determined not to rush it and thank you for the advice Mark, very technical. How on earth did you discover this method! -
I have decided to document my attempt at what I believe we refer to as an engine bay ‘dress up,’ inspired by the many fine examples we have all seen on the forum. I have always liked the idea of focusing on this area, although have found it very daunting and suffered at the allurement of performance parts and external aesthetics. So here is a photograph of the engine bay shortly after purchasing the car. The first additions to the bay took the form of a Cusco radiator cap and an EPR engine oil cap, don’t ask me why I bought these as one should add details like this to finish off a bay - like these are going to make a difference to the overall appearance (the term pi55ing in the wind comes to mind ). A fellow forum member advertised a used K&N Typhoon CAI, so this was next on the list and that is where all spare money over the last twelve months has gone – chasing the ‘big ponies’ we all dream of but rarely achieve without spending mega bucks. Bolt-on after bolt on arrived at the garage….wonder if I have gained an extra 10bhp yet Any way back on topic; The K&N was a nice addition, had slight damage to the carbon lid as specified by the seller, but worked out ok. We removed the OEM airbox and slid the K&N airfilter housing into position (which was extremely snug). Relocating wires and conduit proved to be a PITA but got there in the end. We encountered a minor issue when attaching the carbon lid. The bonnet pin switch, an integral part of the aftermarket alarm system, was located on the exact spot where the lid should mount the body. We decided that the easiest option was to leave the pin in position and cut off the damaged area of the lid (as it was pretty much useless anyway) and fix to the underside of the bracket. It does the job. After a long spell away from the engine bay my attention had been captured by Ironhide’s group buy last year; the radiator cooling panel. At this point a colour scheme had not been considered, I was simply purchasing this part based on the potential ‘cooling gains’ to be had from it . Nevertheless I did opt for a sensible colour, anodized red, which has informed my vision of a colour scheme today. This image doesn't really illustrate it well, but I love how the slight gap between the bonnet and bumper exposes a thin red strip. As of late I have been bitten by the engine bay detailing bug, thanks to many of you here on the forum. I have included myself in on Tarmac’s polished strut brace group buy, bought anodized red jubilee clips (don’t ask me why as these probably will not be needed until a year further down the line) and invested in a number of spray cans. I am still waiting for the VHT metallic silver/grey to arrive which will be the predominant colour under the hood. I have chosen to start on an area that requires the least skill and one of which its easily replaceable if I foreseeably make a pigs ear of it…..the battery and fluid covers. I will then progress on to the engine cover, fluid caps, the strut brace feet and elements of the CAI. So here goes. I began by cleaning and keying up the parts, applying thin layers of plastic primer and sanding between coats using 800/1200/1500 wet and dry on numerous occasions. Once happy I decided to apply the first base coat of anodized silver (which I actually like). Do I now continue to sand back with wet and dry, or apply the colour coat? Cant believe how patient I am being!!
-
Tarmac Side diffusers Group buy plus extras
Ceejay29 replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Arrived safely today, great service Chris. Thanks -
** Tarmac Polished Strut brace Group buy **
Ceejay29 replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Arrived safely today, looks the part. Great service -
7 Series
-
^^^ haha sounds fun
-
Smoothed spats is the way forward
-
Parello's Azure/Matte Blue 3M 350z Complete!
Ceejay29 replied to parello9's topic in Member Build Projects
Looks sweet Parello, it's tough trying to keep the low stance appearance whilst retaining driveability. I feel your pain. I think you can lift it ever so slightly at the rear without losing the aggressive appearance you have going on.