Ceejay29
Members-
Posts
1,700 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Ceejay29
-
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
Another minor addition; When fitting I noticed that the plenum was caked in moisture? Pretty sure all the rubber seals are back in place. I did notice before removing parts that the plenum had water marks all over it? Any ideas? Thanks -
Watched it this morning, gave my old man the heads up as he is currently restoring a lotus twin cam Mk1. Great feature, well worth the watch and I can imagine that it is very nostalgic for many of us on here. Cheers Glrnet
-
Bump
-
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
The dampers? Yes carbon ones would be nice. I was using the red one, but decided to opt for the additional one you provided as it was brand new and appeared to have a better design. ie a ram/funnel at the front if the cone that aligns with air feed? -
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
Cheers guys. Mark I am not sure how the bracing would work with the air filter housing and cover. I presume it would have to fit over the top, although it is all pretty cosy. -
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
The slam panel was part of a group buy set up by another forum member; Ironhide. It was great value for money with a huge variety of colour choice. -
[SOLD]SOLD MISHIMOTO Silicone hoses (red)
Ceejay29 replied to Nikos350zed's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Very tempting, may have to wait a few weeks. Let's see how long they are up for.... -
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
Cheers Gixxeruk, slowly getting there. I still need to tackle the Akebono's when I get a chance. The weeks have flown by since your advice, preoccupied on the bay. -
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
So I managed to escape to the garage today, first drive in the zed for weeks, feels a lot longer as I have probably driven it twice in as many months. The poor girl is filthy, still covered in Saharan dust! Many of the sprayed parts are now on the car and I am happy with the progress/results; Does anybody fancy swapping a shiny blue air filter for a shiny red one With the carbon cover on (who would have thought a blue cone would be lurking beneath) I would have liked the gunmetal elements to be a bit darker, but it is an improvement nonetheless; Apologies for the quality of the phone pics, it does look better in the flesh (but it is no 'Mopedmarky') Next on the agenda (after a good wash) will be to tackle the throttle body and plenum. Polishing both has always been the intention, although a darker contrast between the cover and plenum may now suit. -
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
-
Great thread. I'm not sure but presume mine will need restoration considering some of the photos on here. Going to give this a go at the weekend, will also have a bash at the plastic cover/grill beneath that houses the wipers.
-
I agree and am shocked at that price. Pretty much makes no sense to buy second hand (which I did)
-
Fangs look great, much better!
-
Haha sounds like a fettish mate; what would the neighbours say!!
-
Parello's Azure/Matte Blue 3M 350z Complete!
Ceejay29 replied to parello9's topic in Member Build Projects
I have seen a few Americans running this set up, it appears to be a rare mod over here. Looks good, ever considered smoothing it in to the OEM bumper and colour coding? Or is that too subtle? Edit; I suppose the black ties in with the side steps nicely..... -
Cheers Clockwize, exactly my thoughts and the opinions of many on here. I think I will refuse to pay and argue my case if their court threats do hold substance.
-
Phwooarr! She's a beauty!!
-
Mopedmarks build thread:More New photos page 11 onwards
Ceejay29 replied to Mopedmark's topic in Member Build Projects
Yes Mark you seriously need a transparent bonnet!! -
I wonder why my import isn't limited? Should they all be, as I am pretty sure that it hasn't been UPREV'd or re-mapped. Hmmm.
-
Haha brilliant!
-
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
Thanks Imc, I am pretty please considering that this is my first attempt at spraying. Patience is key! -
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
Cheers Keyser, nice to meet the both of you too. Thank you very much for dropping the Chargespeed off; after a good ten minutes of thought I managed to somehow squeeze it into the Focus and take it home. It now resides in the loft haha! I'm not as loud in colour choice as some of us but managed to convince myself to add in a bit of red to the subtle gunmetal and black! Fingers crossed it will look as good as I imagined. -
Ceejay's JDM and Bay - Let the fun begin?
Ceejay29 replied to Ceejay29's topic in Member Build Projects
So I started today by polishing turds. Decided to tackle the OEM strut brace bolts I have using the grinder. I am reluctant to reinstall the colour coded parts using the terrible nuts/bolts I have, but this is the only option I have before my shiney bolt kit arrives. Managed to spend a little more time this afternoon applying clear coat and reconstructing parts. I did manage to make a pigs ear of the dipstick, became impatient and applied far too much colour coat to the extent where you struggled to read the 'engine oil' notation. Soaked in it in a cocktail of boiling water and white spirit and started again. Lesson learned. Most items finished now, need to add a few layers of clear coat to the engine cover and colour the dipstick; A close up of the strut feet; An idea of the relationship between the chosen colours; One question I do have concerns the battery cover surround. I cannot for the life of me remember how it is fixed back to the car. I do know that the three holes at the top house black clips; it is the two holes at the bottom? I am pretty sure a rubber grommit wraps the opening, but to what side do I insert the metal nut/washer thing? And I am pretty sure four bolts should be present to fix through this opening.........can't find them? Thanks -
Arran's Azure 350 GT, Exhaust autobahn video finally 9/10/14
Ceejay29 replied to Arran's topic in Member Build Projects
Exciting stuff Arran, the car that is not Arsenal! I am looking forward to seeing the dyno results when it is remapped. It will help me decide on what performace parts to buy haha! Handles look great and tie in nicely with your theme. Did you spray them yourself? Keep up the good work!!