Jump to content

Ceejay29

Members
  • Posts

    1,700
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ceejay29

  1. What about 1200-1500 grit wet and dry?
  2. Second dibs on the mines lip
  3. Haha I would love to spend my weekends at the garage, we have so much work to do on the car, the parts pile is building! The issue is keeping the lady happy! We don't have the tools at the house either so a ten minute job means driving to the garage first.
  4. I knew I should have hid a lot more of it. Correct GM, Mk1 Lotus twin cam that might actually be finished this summer.
  5. JDM covers look amazing if you can restore and maintain the rest of the engine bay. A lot of work needed if you are going to run one IMO - dont think I am man enough. The ARC cover that is pictured in the photograph above, would that fit the K&N Typoon kit (ie the box that houses the air filter itself) as the carbon fibre cover I have is a bit tatty? So I returned with the 10mm socket and found myself chuckling as soon as I saw the strut brace....how did I not consider the fact that I runs over the top of the engine bay and inhibits access to almost every nut and bolt! A job for another day I think...one at the garage One positive is the fact that I got to have a sneaky peak at the old mans project...which is coming along nicely I must say. Who can guess what it is?
  6. Cheers guys
  7. Yes that's what I thought as many remove it and fit the rare JDM cover for extra bling. Thanks
  8. Hi all, Does anybody know the socket size I require to remove the engine cover? The car is at home and I am at the garage tools at the ready! Going to prep it for paint this week, the car will be sat outside with out the cover on (bonnet closed of course) I presume this will be ok? My guess is that it is for aesthetics and minor protection. Thanks
  9. 1. Chirag1988 PAID 2. Lacky 3. Lum 4. Jehuty 5. Zeus PAID 6. Briggsybriggs PAID 7. Randy_Baton PAID 8. Katy 9. Ceejay29 PAID 10. Scott_f91 PAID 11. Hammerz PAID 12. Stu_24 PAID
  10. Ceejay29

    370z Akebono

    I was after an anodized finished, I have a feeling Hammerite only offer gloss red?
  11. Ceejay29

    370z Akebono

    Oh and this is the VHT paint mentioned above: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281122982634&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
  12. Ceejay29

    370z Akebono

    I will have a word with the IT department
  13. Ceejay29

    370z Akebono

    Ok so I contacted a company this morning regarding VHT prime, anodized red and enamel spray paint with the intention of re-spraying the calipers this weekend. Their response wasn't positive, stating that they do not think the product can withstand the heat generated by the calipers (even though their advert sates that the product is "formulated for high temperature and high performance engine paint applications withstanding intermittent temperatures up to 228°C"). I am not sure what paint to buy now as I couldn't find anodized red Hammerite in Halfords yesterday. Any ideas? (oh and one other thing which is completely off topic - for some reason whenever I post topics using Windows 8 at work, the forum dialogue box doesn't work properly. For instance I am now stuck on italics writing this, cannot change the font or return to a new line!?
  14. I have recently found out that I have an OMP replica wheel. It seems strong enough as I have pulled it in all sorts of directions when removing it to fit a new boss. Although I can't wait to get rid of the thing (peace of mind).....if it does sheer off I am sure to lose a nipple! Haha.
  15. Could you give it a go yourself?
  16. Bought the same nrg hub recently myself. Good price.
  17. Ceejay29

    Front Lip

    Cheers A9H-RX. On this evidence I think I will dismiss the carbon option, although your beast is pretty low. Looks sweet colour coded.
  18. 1. Chirag1988 2. Lacky 3. Lum 4. Jehuty 5. Zeus 6. Briggsybriggs 7. Randy_Baton 8. Katy 9. Ceejay29
  19. Ceejay29

    Front Lip

    Yes I am a bit undecided on the proximity to the floor...good answer on the scratch Haha yes it does look a different colour, although the match it pretty good in the flesh....camera trickery
  20. Ceejay29

    Front Lip

    Hi Guys, I have been toying with the idea of a Mines Lip for a while now, initially settled for the carbon cover (which I love) from Daryl because the car was stanced rather low. Well now the time has come for the lip as the ride height has been increase and I have freaking scratched my bumper! Question number one; For those who have the mines lip - will it cover the scratch area? Question number two; How long do you think the lip will last, i.e. will it be too close to the ground? Images that may help you form an answer... Thanks
  21. Spotted it on eBay, not the best of write-ups, so much repetition. Much preferred your advert.
×
×
  • Create New...