Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. I concur, the Bridgestone S001 is a pretty good tyre as well. That's currently what I'm running, although as they're wearing they're losing grip at a significant rate. I've never had MPSS just wanted to poke the bear on the nose.
  2. Seeing as you're picking odd situations to make your point allow me to do the same: Going down a country lane at night, no one behind you.. deer runs out in front of you. The combination of better brakes and MPSS allows you to stop in time, on the flip side a set of ditchfinders and OEM brakes cause you to hit the deer. In this case you could have saved both the deer and your car, why wouldn't you do that Stevo? WHY? I'm not sure why you're being aggressive about it though, has Michelin in some way wronged you or a loved one?
  3. PS, I don't think anyone in this thread is contemplating driving their car on the ragged edge on a public road which is what you seem to be thinking.
  4. this guy, reads me to having a better tyre allow him to drive better because he wont crash Not sure how you came to that conclusion, the point is a better tyre is a safety net to some degree. Who said anything about it makes me drive better? Stop reading things that aren't there, that would be a good start to this debate. Basically I was trying to say if I make a mistake on the road, having a decent tyre on could be the difference between an accident and not. I know there are a ton of variables and a tyre will not save you in most instances but if you can help reduce a risk... Why wouldn't you?
  5. But to that degree having decent tyres actually saves you. I would hasten a guess that a pro driver could drive better on ditchfinders than I could on MPSS. If you have a cheaper tyre on, driving enthusiastically might cause you to easily lose control of the vehicle whereas a more expensive performance tyre will help to keep you in check.
  6. Is that a statement or a question? Sounds like a statement but has many ???? I've had a look and the only Super7 I can find is in Henfield? That's not exactly Worthing. Seems like there is a few Zeds in Worthing, I never see any well apart from a GP who doesn't acknowledge other Zeds.
  7. I think probably not for those moments Stevo but when he has the opportunity to have a blast down a country lane I'm pretty sure he'll be glad he had something that doesn't make his car's handling resemble a shopping trolley. You can go as far to say if you all you do is hang around in London/motorway/car park traffic, why have you got such an impracticle car? You've got it because of those moments when you get to use it for what it was designed for, in that situation you'll be happy your money is in your tyres rather than your pocket.
  8. Really nice looking car, love the rear on these and the paint is awesome. Only thing I'm not really sold on is the front, looks a little mainstream Japanese modern saloon.
  9. That's what I was beginning to think Stevo, was starting to feel like a poor chump.
  10. £800 would buy you a cat back system from an aftermarket supplier, or I'm sure you can get a good condition used box on here for a lot less.
  11. Where abouts are super7? I might have to pay them a visit for a few things if they are any good.
  12. Too obvious
  13. I don't get the drone at 70mph, you can hear the exhaust slightly if you try but with a little music or the window down you can hardly notice it. Only time I get a drone is any speed up an incline if you're holding it steady.
  14. I give you Titanic by Michael Bay:
  15. Not that I keep track of your life or anything but didn't you get that Clio more than 14 days ago? Or is it just a myth that they have 14 days (date on letter) to send a NIP?
  16. What makes you think it's a 380RS? Just curious as I might have missed something
  17. Which would suggest this is masquerading as a Nismo?? Maybe Japan had a different spec.
  18. Anyone else think that this was going through OV53's head at the traffic lights?
  19. Surely a Nismo would have had all the toys + be a manual? Seems a bit strange to me. At £10k I was tempted to chop mine in plus some cash for it, especially with 10k miles on it. Also, if you look at the revometer picture looking to the right you can just about make out 120 on the speedo which would suggest to me it came from Japan.
  20. Either use the search function and hope for the best (can be a bit hit and miss) or put a post up in 350z General and ask 'WTF IS DIS??' and see if anyone knows.
  21. Voted for the TVR myself, don't think I'd own one in real life so for this game seems like a good idea
  22. I didn't realise myself to begin with and, like you, I'm more of a lurker than a poster but hey-ho, I guess if everyone on the forum acted like they have autism there wouldn't be much point coming here. You find the longer you stick around the more you have to comment on, even if it's just your own experience on undoing a few bolts. The rules protect other members from less-than-honorable individuals from signing up and taking advantage of peoples good will.
  23. Thing is, you aren't anywhere near the requirment.. It would be a bit odd if the mods were to say 'You're 80 posts short, you have 12 hours to get 80 posts', that would just promote spamming. If you're planning to be about for a while to use and contribute to the forum then getting another 80 posts won't be a problem and at that point you can then put your what's it worth thread up! However, I suppose if you've only signed up to get a valuation on your item then you're sh*t out of luck.
  24. Create your topic again but this time use the correct sub forum! http://www.350z-uk.c...whats-it-worth/ Edit: Taken from the sub forum: 100 Minimum Posts required to post in this subforum. Any posts posted elsewhere will be moved to here, if they are under the 100 minimum post amount then the post will be deleted.
  25. In the for sale section (if that's where you posted it..) there are rules about posting items for sale, you probably didn't follow the rules which is why your topic has gone. The rules are right in your face when you click on the for sale sub forum so you can't miss them.
×
×
  • Create New...