Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. We went from Dover to Dunkirk (Dunkerke, Dunquerke??? about 3 ways of spelling it), Even if you don't want to go on the track there is plenty to do there from going up to the GP circuit, to heading to the corner where everyone crashes on youtube and watching some action unfold (never can remember the name). Plan your petrol stops if you can, remember that in most service stations along the way you have to go in and pay for your fuel first (no idea why). Good attempts on the french spelling for Dunkirk, for future reference, it's: Dunkerque As for things to do around the track, as you said GP circuit, and always fun to go to "that" corner! Also you have Koln and Luxembourg a mere hour drive away. As for paying in petrol stations before you buy, it's to stop people stealing fuel as it probably usually occurs in that area. Ah yeah, that's it.. I got all the letters just in the wrong order. It's just a little annoying as on a previous trip I needed to stop and get some fuel and I never know how much to buy.. I guess I could get my calculator out but what a complete faff. Luckily this time I made it all the way thanks to the huge tank and in Adenau they don't have any such rule.
  2. I didn't record my time no, but I never go mental at the 'ring. I just enjoy the relatively low speed corners and back off at the higher speed ones, if you leave the TC on there isn't much chance of you binning it on the low speeds. I don't think I took it over 100mph over the entire track, as Ekona said the TF days are pretty risky. In the details of my trip I say about doing the evening sessions, there really aren't many cars about on those days. The complete nutters usually go for full days. Edit: I always make sure I go a little slower on the youtube corner where everyone bins it, I don't want my youtube fame to be that.
  3. You're just a Power Commander away from realising your dream.
  4. Sure, ask any questions you want and I'll try to help. We went from Dover to Dunkirk (Dunkerke, Dunquerke??? about 3 ways of spelling it), slightly longer ferry trip but shorter drive across France. If you want to get there at a reasonable time in the evening I suggest you get the ferry at about 8 in the morning. We arrived at our Hotel (Eddies place, hotel an der nordschliefe)at about 5PM, depending on which way you go you can stop at Spa for a look at the track etc. We always try to go when it's only evening sessions, it saves most of the nutters from turning up. Make sure you check the nurburgring website for opening times but my recommendation is evening sessions. The only thing to consider with evening sessions is if someone has an accident then you may not make it onto the track as it's only open for about 2 hours. For food I can only recommend Pinocchios, about a 20/30 minute walk from the hotel above (down hill!). They give you so much food there it's a total joke, no one at our table can ever finish a meal. If you're friendly with them you might get a free taxi back Even if you don't want to go on the track there is plenty to do there from going up to the GP circuit, to heading to the corner where everyone crashes on youtube and watching some action unfold (never can remember the name). Plan your petrol stops if you can, remember that in most service stations along the way you have to go in and pay for your fuel first (no idea why). I managed to make it from Dover to Adenau on one tank of fuel and this included going on the autobahn. As said, anything else you want to know just ask.. I'm sure there are a few people who have been more times than myself that can offer an opinion also.
  5. So, over the weekend I went to the Nurburgring and had a brilliant time (first time in the 350). Here's a pick of it in action: It performed brilliantly in my opinion and everyone was commenting on how well it sounded going around the track (got a Cobra cat back). Anyway, on the way back sitting in my queue at the ferry port a 350GT pulls up next to me and gives me a little nod, I nod back. I eventually get out my car and start having a little natter with the guy, he explains to me the mods he's got on his car and the fact it's JDM. Now here is the cool part ladies and gents. If you want 400BHP and be able to brag about it to other people with the same engine as you, do this: Buy JDM as it's more powerful to begin with Buy a Power Commander Fit said Power Commander Buy Jap Speed Exhaust Fit Jap Speed Exhaust Enjoy your 400bhp 350GT At that point I just said 'okkaay' then went to talk with my friends. Anyway, my cool story over and done with.. Anyone got any of their own embarrassing moments to share?
  6. Just done act 3 on Hardcore mode. I've never been a Hardcore mode man myself, I can just see the rage filling me when either VM or Blizzard screw up and I lose my character.
  7. That's what I'm playing at the moment Grundy, can't seem to get off it... Just.. One... More... Legendary... FU Goldskin.
  8. Doesn't look like the exhaust is fitted properly? The driver side sticks out further than the passenger, something else to bear in mind when you go to look (could be the camera angle, or it could be damaged, or just how it fits.. but doesn't look quite right to me). Posted this in the wrong thread!
  9. Grrr another of my fav's I forgot...Pulp Fiction! Oi you. I've got dibs on lovely Mila I called shotgun ages ago.
  10. 1) Batman Begins 2) The Departed 3) Inception/Shutter Island - or some Denzel film. 1) Leonardo DiCaprio 2) Denzel Washington 3) Bruce Willis/Mark Wahlberg
  11. Not trying to @*!# on all the ballwashing that's going on here but, it's just the backbox + the midpipe for £700 not the y-pipe? Not that much of an amazing deal?
  12. I had a look at the dimensions of the HTC One 'Mini' and it's still bigger than my regular HTC Desire. Think I might give the Nexus 5 a go after pay day then..
  13. And to be fair at £299 I might go and look at this Nexus 5.. I am getting a little sick of everyone going 'Ohhh look your screen is smashed'. Thing is, I want a phone that's quite small.. Anyone got the HTC One Mini? Supposed to be okay.
  14. After reading it back I just don't think it was very funny. Not one of my best moments, back to the drawing board.
  15. Well that backfired.
  16. Why are you guys always recommending the most expensive phone? How do you know he even needs a Nexus 5? I mean, for all you know a run of the mill HTC Wildfire S could do him fine. Sick of the bandwagons in this place, hive mentality. If you think that having a Nexus 5 is going to help you make calls and not hang up half way through, think again. Serious note, I'm still using my HTC Desire and it's got a cracked screen... All I do is make calls and send texts, don't need a mini tablet in my pocket for that.
  17. It's the typical way to backpeddle out of an embarrassing situation I believe, LOL YOU FELL FOR THE JOKE LOL. JOKE.
  18. ragging?
  19. Boooo
  20. Haha can you imagine the line up... 100k porsche, 70k jag, 200k lambo, 7k nissan, 150k ferrari.. Good job on getting in and I really hope you turn up.
  21. The fact he got up and walked away from that is probably a testament to modern safety gear. I know he didn't hit the car but being thrown down a slope at that speed and not ending up half dead, I'm impressed.
  22. I would call that quite an aggressive post, if you spoke like that to me in the real world we wouldn't be having a conversation for long. And no before you get all testosteroney on me, I would just walk away not try to fight you. To the point, if you look above I infact don't have MPSS and never have. I'm quite happy with my Bridgestones and have no idea what I'll get next but I won't be bum rushing to MPSS. Again, no where have I seen anyone say get MPSS anything else will land you in a bush, people are just happy with their purchase and are passing on a recommendation. Why have a bitch fit about it?
  23. I had exactly that experience once when I was out on my motorbike. Riding along minding my own business doing about 30mph around town. Old woman trying to pull out from a car park, starts to pull out, sees me approaching so she stops. We have eye contact and whilst shes looking me directly in the eye pulls straight out in front of me. I have nowhere to go so hit the rear drivers side of her car, do a superman impression over the back of her car. She stops and says to me "Sorry, I didnt see you!". To make matters worse, by the time the insurance companies got around to sorting the claim out (8 months later) she had then changed her tune to say that I was speeding and the witnesses couldnt remember what day of the week it was, let alone whose fault it was. In the end it was settled as a 50/50 liability so I lost a load of my NCB. Surely they'd have to prove you were speeding? I'm sure I've seen a few cases where people have pulled out infront of cars and tried to claim they were speeding. This ended up in them being liable as they hadn't judged the gap correctly (regardless of speed).
×
×
  • Create New...