Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. This feels a bit like CSI.
  2. That's not the first time I've been told. I do feel pretty bad if the bloke is genuinely unaware of what the redline is but I mean come on, that's like not knowing what a banjo string is.
  3. Has anyone told him this car doesn't have a left phalange?
  4. The amount of times I've done that on other threads I thought I'd push through that feeling of 'is this really worth posting' today.
  5. Welcome to post 21
  6. I'm pretty sure 90% of these posts gave you your answer, your question was answered in the 2nd reply.People are asking justified questions, as you said it's a open forum, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Curious, what do you call the red line then? never called it anything, thanks for the advise Now that we're all friends, I'm going to give you a bit of a ribbing over your ignorance. I'm guessing you've been eating for the majority of your life and as a consequence you have had interactions with various different tools for getting the food from your plate (circular thing, about 21inches in circumference) to your mouth (located just below your nose). I've got money on you knowing what those various devices are called. So you'll have to excuse a few people (me included) when we struggle to believe how you've had such an extensive car history and not managed to pick up on what a redline is.
  7. There is a rev limiter but it only protects you on the way up, not the way down.. So in second gear at 2k RPM if you boot it all the way to 6.5k RPM the limiter will kick in and cut the fuel. If you're doing 120mph and accidentally stick it in first gear, there is no saving you.
  8. Ah, I see now. That makes sense Like every car ever made since the early '90s, the Zed does indeed have a rev limiter to stop you breaking things. Won't help with overrevs via a botched shift, though. Which is downshifting to 2nd instead of 4th at 100mph, for example. If only I had your tact
  9. Can I also ask, have you actually driven the car you've purchased?
  10. Again, I can only apologise for my rudeness and in amongst my rudeness are nuggets of information for your pleasure.
  11. out of interest, is there a rev limiter on this car too? Yes, at 6500 for yours. Again though, and I'm curious more than trying to sound horrid, but why do you think the max revs for each gear is important? Also, the 350z comes with a gear change light that you can set (all the way up to the redline) which flashes at the set RPM indicating you should change gear. So you never have to fear about bouncing it off the limiter (redline).
  12. You're quite right but if you came in here and said 'My Zed is pulling to the right all the time' I'd perhaps have different advice. Asking what a redline is isn't really something I'd expect someone buying a 'sports' car to ask, but fair enough. If you want a car to make it more than 20 miles down the road then it usually comes with a red line on the instrument cluster/dials/revometer/dashboard. I'm actually sorry that I'm being so rude but for someone that's been driving since I was born, I wouldn't call 'redline' jargon...
  13. It's terrible, I assured my girlfriend that after the Nurburgring it was straight saving for a morgage, then all of a sudden CS are doing a group buy and there is potentially a V2 bumper up for grabs. Soon to be one homeless zed owner me thinks.
  14. ... It's where the redline on the revometer starts, it's not unique to the 350z. Also, why not just sit in the drivers seat and have a look at the cluster yourself? I'm struggling to not be sarcastic here as it feels like a total troll. Edit: It's quite literally a red coloured line on the inside of the revometer just in case this is genuine.
  15. Sticking my nose in here, but is it in blade silver? I could be tempted could also pay the famous zed shed a visit while I'm at it.
  16. It's unfortunate and I hope you get it resolved, no one likes to feel swindled. Maybe for the future you will keep in mind to use all the resources available to you when buying a used car, knowledge is power as they say. I for one, like many others I bet, came straight to this forum before even looking at a car and read the buyers guide and read other threads/articles. As said, good luck getting it sorted. Although I'm starting to get nervous about my cars value with people saying a DE is worth £2k less at £8300.... :scare: or however Will does it.
  17. Not prestigious enough... If you can get your nose in at Goodwood then you should have been able to waltz to the front of this event. (Maybe even been the poster car??)
  18. Why wasn't WhackyWill there?
  19. She'd end up in porn and no one wants that!!! You have to be STI free to work in porn I believe, I bet she's got more STIs than Subaru.
  20. We should start a petition to export her to the US, let them deal with her.
  21. Awww damn, who else thought this was going to be about a traffic light GP with a Seat Leon? Such disappoint. Car does sound good though.
  22. I will give it to the guy, his white 350GT did look rather nice. I'm guessing he's one of those individuals who buys cars from eBay that claim retarded power from terrible mods. Goes from a rotten old Fiesta to a £5k 52 plate 350GT import and gets told by the previous owner it's running '400bhp'. I guess he may believe it is 400bhp if he's never had a remotely powerful car before. Now I'm making up his back story to justify his stupid claim, I'm just too forgiving I think.
  23. I really thought I might be, I even told my other half.
  24. Does that make me cool then, I often tell people that my pop charger loses me power but it just sounds good. When we started to load onto the ferry he was sitting there revving his car. Maybe to impress the mother and child he had in the car?? Maybe it was for my benefit.
×
×
  • Create New...