Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. They should rename their website 'small penis society'. Street racing kill sub-forum? WTF.
  2. Now we have to wait another 14 Pages to see if he gets Darrens.... Has anyone HPI'd Darrens car yet? registered as a 56 plate Micra! After the barrel roll spectacular it probably looked more like a Micra so was easier to reregister it and get cheaper insurance. Right up Bradders street actually as he was worried about the cost of insurance.
  3. Now we have to wait another 14 Pages to see if he gets Darrens.... Has anyone HPI'd Darrens car yet?
  4. Is he aware of this?! You might want to let him know if not He's been mentioning that his car is for sale in almost every post I've seen him make, I'm sure at this point Darren would travel to Bradders for a sale. Wasn't that the car with an undeclared end over end crash? I don't know how he fixed it so well, I guess a lot of fibreglass There's enough fibreglass on that car for RT to supply everyone on this forum with a chargespeed rear.
  5. Is he aware of this?! You might want to let him know if not He's been mentioning that his car is for sale in almost every post I've seen him make, I'm sure at this point Darren would travel to Bradders for a sale.
  6. That's pretty cool although I'm sure I've seen someone try something similar down the M25, not with as much success mind you.
  7. If you check out Mighty Car Mods on youtube, I believe someone posted a link around here somewhere, they test CAI kits and found that they give no performance gains on a dyno. It includes using cold air feeds etc etc
  8. So what are your thoughts? Are you going to go and look at it knowing what you know?
  9. ....or a stubby aerial. Surprised you missed that Will. Hmm, I thought Will and myself get on okay.. do you reckon that will still be the case if I tell him I have the regular aerial and quite like it... ? Ban? Nooooo, I guess I could upgrade I just like the fact it looks like a bumper car/RC car. Not that I drive it like a bumper car....
  10. ....or a stubby aerial. Surprised you missed that Will. Hmm, I thought Will and myself get on okay.. do you reckon that will still be the case if I tell him I have the regular aerial and quite like it... ?
  11. Got a link? I'm pretty sure he has mistyped that because if Trade Link has hold of an S-Tune import do you think they'd let it go for the same price as some Cat C import you're looking at?
  12. I'm not sure, maybe it's because I rarely put lol and try to type with correct grammar that my words may come across a little harshly. Most people seem to get that I'm joking anyway and I do apologise to those that get offended (see max revs guy). Confirmed
  13. To be honest, I would not have a problem shaking his hand. I have no ill feeling towards him and think he may just be a little confused about a previous thread thinking that my comments were genuine (it was just a bit of banter). I'm hoping that he's okay now, I'd rather make friend than enemies. Edit: Bradders, there is a bit of difference between a UK car with a few Nismo options on it to the import S-Tune version I think? Tradelink guy told me its an ST? Do you get S's and G's confused? Is it the Cat D one that's just gone up for sale?
  14. To be honest, I would not have a problem shaking his hand. I have no ill feeling towards him and think he may just be a little confused about a previous thread thinking that my comments were genuine (it was just a bit of banter). I'm hoping that he's okay now, I'd rather make friend than enemies. Edit: Bradders, there is a bit of difference between a UK car with a few Nismo options on it to the import S-Tune version I think?
  15. ROFL You know I will As per Add above - I think we may have forgotten though O well I thought it was just going to end up on the scrap pile so I'm quite pleased it actually found a home albeit temporary.
  16. Haha yeah but I think people on here worked out that it's not an ST? Registered as an ST. (or was that an STI) Are there any other Nismo S-Tune cars registered in the UK? Be interesting to see what they have on the log book. I remember a lot of this went on with BMW E30s Alpina, Sport Evos etc caused mass log book confusion
  17. Good to see my bumper went to a good home.
  18. Haha yeah but I think people on here worked out that it's not an ST?
  19. The thing is, being marked Cat C the car is immediately worth a lot less. It's just the marker on the car rather than the actual cause of the write off. If the car has been repaired to an approved standard then why should it be worth any less than a paint job in your opinion? Surely a repair is a repair both done to exactly the same standard I don't see the difference? When buying a Cat C car I think you need to keep in mind that the majority of the market is immediately put off by the prospect of owning one, regardless of the type of damage. So, although in your example you would be happy to pay around 15% less than market value for a Cat C car not many other people would which is why you often see massive discounts on Cat registered cars. From my research people are looking for a discount of at least 30% before the conversation even gets into what type of damage the car received (Edit: for Cat C damaged cars). So Bradders in my opinion I think top end money for this car would be about £4k. If you're happy to take a punt on it then just make sure you get an RAC/AA inspection or something similar just to ensure the car is in a servicable condition. I'm just concerned that people on here might be convincing you it's worth more than what the market would value a Cat C import at.
  20. Stevo, I don't know why but I sometimes feel like the red mist must descend over your eyes when you read my posts and whilst typing your reply. Irregardless of the source of the damage I would say a car in 2009 that had a book value of over £8k must have taken a severe amount of damage. You can apply the word to severe to any part of the car you like, paint/interior/engine/anything. And if you wish to live in a world where you assume the best then you are welcome to, your guess as to the damage is no better than my own. In fact I'd assert that assuming the car has suffered structual damage is a better way to look at it than assuming it hasn't. All I can see is your butt hurt seething over from another thread where I was actually only have a bit of banter. I'd actually like to put this petty arguing to one side and start again? Friends? I've got nothing against you and I'd rather come on here to enjoy the community instead of having to argue semantics with you.
  21. I'd personally say less than that IMO, the only thing holding it it's value is the colour and possibility of the ST. I've seen perfectly fine Imports sell between £4-5k. Just to tac on to this and only out of curiousity what would you value the same car at if it was Cat D Kyle?
  22. Eh, has it been confirmed as an import? So, what you're saying is that it's best to believe it's just had a smashed sump/paint stripper or a new interior and been written off as a result? Huh? I would think it's best to assume that a Cat C car has been involved in an accident in my mind. Is there even a way you can find out what sort of damage this car has had? Is there a record, maybe Nissan has something? Either way there are figures floating around the internet of anywhere between 50 and 70% of market value. So to answer your original point before we went down this stupid road of pedanticism, Yeah I think anything around £3-3500 for a Cat C 2003 350z (import/not?) worth originally around £5500 give or take is a fair offer. You okay with that? o get you mr Big man yes i am ok with that but i think you need to get all facts before you start scare mongering people o you must have MPSS or your going crash, you cant have a Cat C car because your more likely crash you make me laugh do you even leave your house or does the sun light scare ya? If writen off cars cars are that bad why did discovery commission a whole series with Mike Brewer ( yes i no im not his biggest fan) buying cat c and cat d cars and putting them back on the road? Haha, definitely not because it pulls in viewers. What sort of question is that? Put your thinking cap on before you start putting those fingers of yours against the keyboard. Are you a bit upset Stevo? It certainly seems like it, if I have upset you by having an adult conversation and a differing opinion then I am sorry. Your comedy is almost as bad as your ability to discuss without throwing your toys outta the pram.
  23. Eh, has it been confirmed as an import? So, what you're saying is that it's best to believe it's just had a smashed sump/paint stripper or a new interior and been written off as a result? Huh? I would think it's best to assume that a Cat C car has been involved in an accident in my mind. Is there even a way you can find out what sort of damage this car has had? Is there a record, maybe Nissan has something? Either way there are figures floating around the internet of anywhere between 50 and 70% of market value. So to answer your original point before we went down this stupid road of pedanticism, Yeah I think anything around £3-3500 for a Cat C 2003 350z (import/not?) worth originally around £5500 give or take is a fair offer. You okay with that?
  24. pretty severe accident isnt someone bumping you in the rear at 30mph at a set of traffic lights tho is it No it's not but I would say smashing your sump or having paint stripper thrown over the car is pretty severe, stop nit picking my words. i never said it was severe im sayng a cat C isnt a bigger deal as your making it out to be, if said car was 6k and cost of full respray came in at 7k because it had paint stripper poured on it it would be Cat c if said car was 6k and it has the sump smahsed off and require engine to be removed new VQ from nissan to be supplied and fitted at a cost of around id guess 10-5k it would be cat C if said cat was in flooded south this winter and market value was 6k and require a full strip out dry and full new interior supplied and fitted at 7-8k it would be cat C Jesus, I know you didn't. Forgetting the non sense above, look at the date the car was written off. Can anyone tell me what the value of an 03 azure blue 350z GT was in 2009? I've no idea if it's a GT or not but as the log book has ST scribbled in it I'll assume it is. You must be able to see where I'm going with this. Anyway, take a look at this as another reference point:
  25. http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/67491-cat-c-ds/
×
×
  • Create New...