-
Posts
7,614 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by KyleR
-
£9k for an 05?
-
Have you ran the D1 Spec Throttle Controller? I have, it doesn't open the throttle quicker.
-
If your going for a remap the throttle opening limiter in the first three gears is removed anyway so save your money. Throttle controller has nothing to do with the throttle delay that the uprev removes, it simply amplifies the signal from the throttle to the ECU. So in short, Joker, but one if you like Incorrect, the so called throttle controller simply does exactly the same, it just achieves it differently to the Up-rev, if you fit one, or get the ECU remapped the result will be the same, so if you intend you intend to remap you will be wasting your money, how do you think the ECU controls the throttle opening %! Tell that to the number of people on here running supercharged zeds with both UpRev and throttle controllers. The 1st three gears I'm led to believe have a slight delay built into them, like most cars, the throttle controller doesn't remove this, the UpRev does.
-
If your going for a remap the throttle opening limiter in the first three gears is removed anyway so save your money. Throttle controller has nothing to do with the throttle delay that the uprev removes, it simply amplifies the signal from the throttle to the ECU. So in short, Joker, but one if you like
-
Apparently I checked the reg and it actually is an import, previously I thought he was just an idiot who thought all 350Z's were imports or something. I wonder where he got the GT4 badge... Someone please call over to this guy and see this thing in the flesh. From what I remember a number of dealers neglected to fit the GT4 plaque and a few of them turned up on E-Bay. Ken might have some info on this one. Pete It was a dealer fit? Thats a joke since it was pretty unique in having a facelift engine in a pre facelift body, should have came form the factory with it.
-
A warning signs that can detect if a phone is being used in a car
KyleR replied to WhackyWill's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Mobile phones constantly ping the network to maintain a signal. How are these magical detectors going to tell the difference between a few phones pinging networks or receiving a text message or even a call, and someone actually using the phone? If someone has their phone attached to the dash using it as a sat nav, is it going to know the difference? This will never happen because it's not possible to decipher what the phone is doing without an invasion of privacy. -
Apparently I checked the reg and it actually is an import, previously I thought he was just an idiot who thought all 350Z's were imports or something. I wonder where he got the GT4 badge... Someone please call over to this guy and see this thing in the flesh.
-
You mean it looks UK but has no brembo's? The car is an '02 so has to be JDM (unless it's a personal plate). Looks to me like it's had a rear end shunt, hence the UK bumper and dodgy rear lights.
-
A warning signs that can detect if a phone is being used in a car
KyleR replied to WhackyWill's topic in Off Topic Discussion
What a crock of lies -
Your fanny died too young, they live to be 30+
-
2nd? I thought it was a longer cycle than that? For some reason I had it in my head it was every 5th? David I was thinking 3rd Who knows
-
I like the KU39's, had them on my Zed and was impressed enough to stick them on the other half 1 series instead of the awful runflat rubbish. Best bang for your buck tyre out there IMO.
-
I think a lot of people will suggest that wheels with low offsets are aggressive, because they will poke more and you'll have to camber them in to fit. However, the Zed has a pretty low offset of as standard compared to the +40 - +50mm of a lot of other cars out there. So, a wheel with +20mm may seem aggressive to some, but in fact is normal on the 350. What offset were the wheels you were asking about?
-
November? The font colour thing is quite funny, though. Not a small mistake by any means by the printers. I assume a new supplier will be located for next years
-
I was paying monthly with Chris Knott, after 6 months I had to cancel my policy, I actually got a £15 rebate from them because even after the charges/fees, i'd already paid more than I'd used. Of course paying in full will have most likely resulted in the same total amount paid, because at least I didn't have to pay the full back up front, which seems to be the issue here.
-
Looks like this is all a load of balls. I've just had a look around on street view and found people walking about and driving right beside the power station. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@37.314709,141.014028,3a,75y,160.59h,73.38t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s8mgA-svRZb8-EpoDxnsHgA!2e0?hl=en
-
Why would paying monthly help? If you are setting up a policy for a year, paying for it monthly is just a way to spread the payments. The insurance company still expect the full amount to be paid overall for the year and then refund the amount left, minus the cancellation fee, admin fee and whatever other fee they can come up with. I would try your current insurer as KykeR suggeats as they can sometimes provide temporary cover like this. Because he said he doesn't want to fork out £600 only to get half of it back. If you have paid it all up front, you have little control over how much you get back, but if paying monthly (and your insurer doesn't require a bumper deposit) the worst they can do is not refund a couple of week insurance you've already paid for that month
-
I can't tell that a car is lowered if they're on Teins. Eibach, KSport, Apex etc that give a 30mm drop look awesome
-
Such a shame that nearly 4 years on and so very little has been done to the immediate surrounding area. An overnight stay in the safe zone surrounding the accident I was advised gave you the same radiation dosage as a CT hospital scan. Yea, it's really not that bad, probably about 2-3 times the background radiation of the UK, so spending a bit of time there isn't a problem. The problem is if you start touching things, as they'll have a much much higher radiation level that could cause serious health issues.
-
Stone probably hit the underside of the car, can sometimes sound like a brick lol