-
Posts
7,614 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by KyleR
-
http://howmanyleft.co.uk/
-
I looked a few before making my purchase, all had full service history, most do. I also never encountered one that didn't have MoT or at least wouldn't be put through it before the purchase was final. As for tax, negotiate it in tot he deal, it's only £270 and most sellers would knock that off the price or tax it for you, even 6 months would do. Most warranties aren't worth the paper they're printed on, especially ones from Warranty Direct, RAC, etc. But if you really feel you need one, set it up yourself for about £600 a year. But IMO it's not worth it as 99% of the time if something does go wrong it'll cost less than that to fix yourself, and probably won't be covered anyway.
-
That's overpriced in my opinion. Just bought my Kuro Black '04 GT with 65k for £6.5k in February. There's no difference between the 04 and 05 cars, just the late 06 I believe is the facelift with different interior, slightly higher revving motor/ a few extra BHP, different bonnet and lights. For an 05 GT with 41k i'd be looking to pay about £7,250 at the very most if it's got a good service history and is mint. Add another £250 if it has Ray's.
-
Yes, but very few places would want to export a RHD drive 370z from the UK. The majority will be ditch retrievals. I edited my post just as you were replying You'd really be surprised how many have made their way over to the ROI. On another note, I hate that website. I just checked my last two vehicles. One was '95 Hyundai S-Coupe that I scrapped in good but non-running condition and received £125 in scrap metal moneys. There are only 72 of them in the whole of the UK as mine was the Mvi, surely I could have got someone to buy it for real money to fix up Then I had a look at the bikeI sold to buy the Zed, a Ducati 749 Mono, only 19, NINETEEN in the UK! There is now only 18 as I sold it to a guy in the south for what I thought was decent money my way, but I should have added another £1k onto he price if there's so little!
-
I'm assuming this is UK, so surely cars exported would account for a number of the loses? I live in Northern ireland, so although i'm not sure if that website includes us, it's almost certainly doesn't include those in the Republic. Lot's of people in the south buy car's from England as they are much cheaper due to the Euro rates ATM, even taking into account the stupid amount of import tax they have to pay on vehicles.
-
I got the wee plastic poppers from eBay last week as many of mine were a bit busted from being removed a little too often whilst I sorted out the headlight. £2.99 delivered for 10, I dare anyone to beat that price! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270897348665? ... 1406wt_879
-
First one is worth about £6.5k in reality, that seems to be what they are going for right about now. The second one has the advantage of having 15k less miles, Nismo spoiler and Rays. I would pay £1k more for the second than the first, but I am a tight B45t4rd
-
Then last year when I was 27 I bought this monster! Loved that bike, and will definitely buy another Ducati when I can afford it! Sold it at the end of January at a profit to a guy in Southern Ireland, applied for theory, passed, applied for the practical test, did 2 lessons and passed. Then I bought this beast! My beautiful Kuro Zed, Norman. Currently has a big beautiful orange 'R' plate on the windows which matches the stitching on the seats
-
First vehicle I had was a little Gilera Runner SP50 moped when I was 16, no pics funnily enough... Then a year later I upgraded to this Cagiva Mito Evolution II (125cc). Threw on a Giannelli pipe and the thing rocketed to 115mph and could beat M5's off the lights up 'til about 50. Broke down a couple of years later and have never got it going since. Still have it. Then when I was 20 I wanted a car, so bought this Hyundai S-Coupe MVI SE. (Please excuse the bare body ) Bought it before doing my test which I failed and kind of lost heart in the whole thing, so it sat in my drive for a number of years until last week, this happened...
-
just like the 350Z must admit i appreciate the delorean, but i wouldn't want one. isn't it the only irish sports car to date? I believe it's the only car ever to be built over here, never mind sports car. I really want one, but only if I could have a car collection. It'd be sitting smack in the middle, Flux capacitor included
-
Follow the guide to change head light bulbs, ie taking the splash guards off, then you can just see the bulb, twist it out and replace, I'm a complete moron when it comes to this DIY kind of stuff, so if I can do it...
-
Looking for Shell V-Power Petrol in S London area
KyleR replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in 350Z General
I wish I could be a V-Power snob, but no Shell stations around here, BP 97 for me -
One up for Auction near Belfast, I believe you can bid online too somehow. It's up on the 12th along with some other classics from someones estate. If I had money to burn i'd definitely be having a punt for it. Surely someone on here wants one of the worlds most iconic cars? http://www.wilsonsauctions.com/classic_car.asp
-
As far as I know, you can legally only add NCB to one car, but there is nothing stopping any insurance company from discounting a 2nd cars premium on an experienced driver basis. Most now will also give you discount if you've only been a named driver for X number of years, same thing. For anyone who has got Admiral or any other company to discount their 2nd car, have a look at your policy documents and check to see how many (if any) years NCB is added to each car. I'd be interested to find out if I am wrong, would help negotiations next year maybe...
-
I want my bike back, sold my Ducati to buy the Zed. I don't regret buying it, but I regret having to get rid of the bike to do so. Think i'll have to hang onto the car for another couple of years whilst I save up for another, maybe a MV this time. If I had cash flowing out my ears i'd have a custom HD or a Yamaha Dragstar or something too, just to give me something to polish 5 days a week lol
-
Seems a little too cheap, even for it being in bad taste, makes me think there is something not mentioned. Paint the bonnet, change the wheels and get rid of that aweful spoiler and it'll make it much better to look at I think.
-
I think thats a prtty good price and the car looks imaculate, even the gear knob looks pretty much new. Congrats!
-
Lucky guy with the plate, Adam, being from NI myself and knowing no matter where any car is bought the last letter is a Z, I figured it wouldn't be hard to get something ending in 350 or 3500, not according to various number plates selling sites! They only seem to sell multiples of the same number or very low numbers
-
Maybe someone should wrote a guide on how to pack the Zed
-
I'd be more enclined to play more games with them if I had a modded Zed, even if just a nice loud pair of pipes, but engine revving with the standard box is a bit pointless
-
Happened me on Sunday at some lights, some knob end in his daddy's Mondeo, I just sniggered and shook my head.
-
This is seriously, seriously tempting...
-
I nearly hit a fox a few weeks back one night. Came round a bend at 60 at night to be met with a fox not knowing where to run. It ran away then back in front of me several times startled whilst I stamped on the brakes and fought to keep her facing the right way. Scary stuff!
-
I think it varies from dealer to dealer. Had mine in for p3 and a few other bits and only charged me £190, then 2 days later they called me asking me to come back in because there's a little bit of bubbling on my bonnet and forgot to take pictures to send to HQ for a replacement under warranty. Of course I still have to see if HQ will honour the warranty but I thought it was very good of my local Nissan to first knock £100+ off the bill then phone me to get me back in for a warranty claim.
-
I don't think it's just that the biting point is high, it's that it comes on pretty sudden when you reach it too. I've adjusted mine to sit pretty much level with the brake and the clutch bites about an inch up from the floor. I just didn't like searching for the biting point each time I moved off from lights or whatever and then go bouncing up the road like a kangaroo. Horses for courses and all that...