Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. If we weren't the other side of the water from each other i'd have that boot off ya, but you could keep the Zed and Ring stickers
  2. I don't particularly need one, or want another one, but for £7 it's tempting to save it from the bin. It's in better condition than the one I just replaced too, hmmm. Tempting
  3. Is there a reasonably cheap way of finding out if there is any damage to the pistons other than stripping the block down, via the ECU for example?
  4. Without seeing the car in the flesh, it's impossible for us to diagnose, but it does look like the bonnet is sitting a little high on the near side. Check the bonnet hinge on that side, there may be a little play in it and could be adjusted easily. It's possible that the bonnet has been replaced at some point under corrosion warranty and just wasn't fitted correctly, or not fitted correctly in the first place. I believe you can check with Nissan with the registration number or chassis number and they can confirm if there has been warranty work done. Of course it is completely possible that there is something dodgy going on, but I for one am not so quick to jump to conclusions when there are other options.
  5. To be fair the the seller, he's being honest. Any seller could easily say it's always been run on Super when in fact it's never seen the stuff. I'd say the car is probably fine and hasn't been driven hard except maybe the odd couple of hundred meter dash on a straight, like most of these cars. Unless of course it's done to the balls for the track, in which case, you may have something to worry about.
  6. What's the gap on the other side of the lights like? It's possible that a previous owner or garage had the lamp out to change bulbs or a ballast because they aren't easy to line up perfectly again when refitting. My drivers side isn't as tight to the outside edge as the passengers side due to this and me giving up trying to make it perfect.
  7. KyleR

    headlight

    It may not be the 2nd ballast that's went, check the brown connector on the ballast for corrosion as that's the first point of call for any moisture in the lamp. Another headlamp won't be cheap, even from breakers or a trader on here, so best bet is to try open and reseal it after drying.
  8. I got an OEM GT one if you fancy that
  9. What about 3 wrongs
  10. Black with Alezan leather
  11. On the move for me, it looks more like a proper sig to me, the other is more like a simple cropped photo.
  12. Is it just me or is the bumper still a bit off? Sitting slightly to the drivers side...
  13. KyleR

    canada trip

    Banff is quite possibly the most beautiful place i've ever seen. Did you head up to see Angel Lake? Epic!
  14. Yea seems to be all the sub 300mm discs are dirt cheap, then a jump to £320+ for Brembo sizes.
  15. Wow I may have just found a bargain with the same seller. They are not listed as fitting the 350Z Brembo, but are listed for the R32, 33 and 34 Skyline Brembo, so I believe they may fit as they are the same size and stud pattern as the 350z Brembo. Someone with quite a bit more expertise than me (shouldn't be hard) may be able to confirm. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DBA4928S-Fron ... 472wt_1112
  16. Don't get too excited like I did when I first seen it, they're non Brembo Obviously can't even give these away as they're less than half rrp. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DBA4954XS-Fro ... 505wt_1112
  17. good luck, and thanks for the clarrification. Is the corrosion warranty affected if you have a respray? I have no idea of the effect of a respray on the warranty. I guess if the paint used was on equal or higher quality to that which Nissan use there MAY not be a problem, as the warranty is only valid for corrosion from the inside out.
  18. A straight 04 GT with 60k is only worth about that money TBH. About £4-4.5k is probably about right for a 14k per year car that's been written off. So unless he's willing to realize the true value of the car, walk away quickly, there are plenty about.
  19. The corrosion warranty is 12 years, something like 3 for paint. I'm currently waiting on hearing back from Nissan UK HQ for bonnet bubbling after the local dealer taking photo's to see off. There are a few bits on the roof too but they look suspiciously like chips to me so to holding my breath on it.
  20. That's what had me wondering, because i'd seen pictures of roadsters seats before, but always black leather. Never seen the Alezan before.
  21. I'd have the DB7 over the 06 XK any day of the week. If you just click the link marzman put up and take a quick look at the car, it looks a little too much like the 3rd? generation Hyundai Coupe. Especially the lights. But yes, the rear of the DB is a little dated, but for £20 they're a steal!
  22. Can I have your Ray's when you've swapped please As for your question, the front might, MIGHT be ok, but I think the rear will need a spacer.
  23. As Lex mentioned, check the service history. Also check the bonnet and roof for little spots of corrosion and/or stone chips. I would also check the brake discs for wear as if they're quite low, it will cost quite a bit to get them all replaced.
  24. I'm assuming that was one of the non genuine keys without any remote functions?
  25. ^^^ I don't think I ever want to know... And on a slightly more pleasant note, i'd like to thank every member who has written a guide. They have helped hundreds of other members learn more about their cars and save a fortune in labour/costs while they are at it. There would be a lot of standard Zed's around if it wasn't for these lot, with non working Bose and no iPod connection
×
×
  • Create New...