Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. Easy to get, cost about £160 from locksmiths or main dealer, that's what I was quoted anyway. Other option is to get a blank from eBay, buy the chip fit it and get locksmith to code. Might save ya a few quid...
  2. Yes, not a fan because if how it covers over the bumper, but something of similar shape that's just attached the the bottom of OEM bumper might be nice...
  3. Isn't there an annual check for the 911 in between services, £125 I think with a main dealer. Forgot to add that in earlier.
  4. I have the SGS engineering ones too. The fitting is perfect and they work well. Get the updated ones just incase you want to fit a spoiler some time, they're only a few quid extra. Also note the price they list is excluding VAT, think mine cost me £72 delivered but that's cause I'm in Nirthern Ireland.
  5. Repairs, yes, but not servicing. 350's need serviced every year, p1, p2, p1, p3. £170ish for P1 and £250-£300 for P2 and P3. The BMW needs serviced only every second year at about £250. Ofcourse there are always specialists and indy's who can do both cars for much cheaper. Even Porsche servicing is reasonable for Boxsters and Carrera's. Anyway... For £25 budget does it have to be new? Because a not too old 911 can be had for that money which will be fast and eat any annual mileage you throw at it. Plus, it's a Porsche Every 2 years? Really?! I find that hard to believe After owning 2 Audi's (same premium German brand crap) I couldn't believe the cost of servicing alone, luckily I had no repair bills as it was under warranty One of the DSG boxes needed replacing on my 2nd Audi, I asked them what it would cost if it wasn't under warranty and they quoted me "in the region of £7,000" :scare: :scare: :scare: Every 2 years is the service schedule, of course if you're doing 20k a year it'll need done annually. The girlfriend just bought an 09 1 series from a main dealer and it doesn't need touched until 2015 according to the dealer and the onboard computer.
  6. I took a look on Demon Tweeks as I've been thinking about a knob replacement since I got the car, just not keen on shelling out £100 for the Nismo ones, as nice as they are. Unfortunately, I now like these..! http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/gear-knobs/auto-style-indy-cator-gearknobs don't do it!!!!
  7. Repairs, yes, but not servicing. 350's need serviced every year, p1, p2, p1, p3. £170ish for P1 and £250-£300 for P2 and P3. The BMW needs serviced only every second year at about £250. Ofcourse there are always specialists and indy's who can do both cars for much cheaper. Even Porsche servicing is reasonable for Boxsters and Carrera's. Anyway... For £25 budget does it have to be new? Because a not too old 911 can be had for that money which will be fast and eat any annual mileage you throw at it. Plus, it's a Porsche
  8. and I love the Sunset Orange and want the Alezan Leather in my Kuro black!
  9. Sounds like you got a decent price Gearknob depends on what you want to spend. Are you looking a Nismo at quite a premium price, or just something nice to replace the old OEM? I personally just went for something to replace it and bought a Richbrook one for £25. I think halford stock them and Demon Tweeks have a huge stock or OMP, Sparco etc if you want something a little more fancy. Otherwise Steve and Redline as previously mentioned has some awesome Nismo's. Try http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-struts/car-boot-tailgate/nissan/350z for the struts. I just fitted some of theirs a couple of weeks ago and they fit really well and both cost about half the price of one from Nissan. I also suggest you pay the extra few quid and get the uprated ones (for Nismo spoiler) incase in the future you decide you want to fit some kind of wing. G'luck.
  10. Personally I like the universal ones you currently do with custom made brackets. Maybe a purpose built one for the Z would be a great option? I like the combination of both it has, ie. the slats from the common diffuser (only more aggressive) and the vortex generators from the Top Secret one. (But less aggressive) Could you pm me a price for the universal one with brackets to fit please?
  11. 30k miles, immaculate 03-04 I would say close to £7k if it has a decent tax, mot and tyres.
  12. Mines black...
  13. Oh, and thanks to everyone for the positive comments and thumbs up and I promise the badges will be away soon
  14. Sorry I forgot to mention the wheel weights for anyone who might be interested or aren't sure because they don't want to add extra unsprung weight. All weights taken with tyres, obviously brand new on the Rotas but only about 4.5mm on the OEM 18's. Rota front - 20kg Rota rear - 21.5kg OEM front - 19kg OEM rear - 20kg So looking at that, I'd say the 19" Rotas weigh the same if not a tiny but less than the OEM 18's but the tyre adds the extra weight.
  15. I know, it seemed like a good idea at the time, what was I thinking CS - they look great, will look better with the orange nuts. I'll get some better pix when it's not lashing and I can give it a quick wash... ... And remove the god aweful badges haha
  16. WHEELS ARE ON!!! Unpacked and ready for tyres Tyres going on Ready to fit OEM's off ready new shoes All done! Can't quite get a picture to show the sheer size of these Batmobile sized tyres And back home PS - yes I am aware that it needs dropped, Tein 15/17mm or something more substantial like 25-30mm? Opinions? PPS - Yes I am also aware that those stupid badges need to come off and I am in dire need of a new exhaust. All in good time. $$$ PPPS - Norman also needs a good wash but as you can see, the weather was filthy and dark which also prevented showing off the true colour of the rims.
  17. Excellent. When is the deadline for orders?
  18. So just soak the rim before applying or...?
  19. By sticky strips you mean the curved ones that you stick 4 per wheel? Yes mate exactly that - got them from eBay for kawasaki motorbikes as it's a colour match for me Can they all be put on with soapy water or are yours designed that way? How would I do it, because the strips will be here after the wheels are on so would be great if I have some flex with applying them? Do I just soak the rim before applying?
  20. OK, thanks. What about mixing and matching, is that an option for the deal/group buy? Eg. Type B front and Type S sides and rear?
  21. You have me thinking now. I have the same wheels as you and was thinking about 25-30mm drop, but it actually looks pretty good with the 15/17mm. How to think it would compare? 30mm too much?
  22. Looks like 30mm to me.
  23. By sticky strips you mean the curved ones that you stick 4 per wheel?
  24. I've been thinking about the type S since seeing it on MadMotors website a couple of months ago, but I have an 04, do you think it can be made to fit an early bumper? If it can I might go for it.
  25. I've bought a few before (for my motorbikes). They basically come in 4 quarters, with enough vinyl to over lap a little. So for example, you'll just need enough to do 2 motorcycle wheels, which will be 16 pieces in total. Something like this: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337c2e0ff9 Are they easy to fit or easier to eff up? I was thinking of the ones you buy like a roll of tape and are attached to a little guide reel to ensure you fit uniform all round. I'll definitely be giving it a go and i'll let yas see.
×
×
  • Create New...