-
Posts
7,614 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by KyleR
-
I've seen them Plasti-dipped too, but I don't know how well that would stand the test of time being a high contact area.
-
Only 0.5 seconds between them, although the GT86's time was a little wet. But, remember that the 350Z was raced with the old stig who isn't as good as this one (obviously) so I demand a retest!!
-
Looks factory to me, but the only way to tell will be to see the V5 registration document where it should say Nismo on it beside 350z, same as a guy I know who lives quite close to me who has a Chilli red Nismo. Number plate is pretty good, but as someone else said, probably will need changed for the mainland. However, I live in Northern Ireland and i'd be happy to buy it from you? EDIT: Just looked again, it's an old old style mainland plate, so apart from the font, it should be ok. It's illegal to have it in that font here too, but sometimes you get away with it. I'll still buy it from you mind I also know of the dealer, they are the biggest in Northern Ireland, biggest as in the have a whole industrial estate to themselves with Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Kia, Jaguar, Renault, Bentley, Maserati, Ferrari and god knows what else I can't remember. I was actually up passed it yesterday and depending when you're planning to come over, I may be able to give it a look over/test drive for you if you'd like to arrange this with Hursts so you don't waste time coming over to this sh*thole to look at the wrong car? As for getting it home, drive Belfast to Dublin, awesome dual carriageway with no speed camera's Ferry to Liverpool and enjoy some A and B roads to London
-
Me! Thanks ph 7, I owe you a pint or 2! Are you going to Wales in May? You're on my list!
-
I want the bumper but I have no money :-(
-
Here's my knob. Richbrook slanted one that you can get in Halfords, I however eBayed it because i'm cheap
-
My initial thought was it's the valet key, but surely that would start the car. Does it lock/unlock the glovebox behind the passenger and does it have keyless entry buttons or just the key blade to open the car?
-
Stage NINE Zeditus - 08 June 2014 (Small Updates)
KyleR replied to KyleR's topic in Member Build Projects
RIGHT! So I had the lights fitted for a few days and just never got round to getting pictures, mainly because I wanted rid of the damned badges first So now the badges are off and give Norman a quick wash and liquid wax, he's looking almost good enough for a few pix. Where the badges were (bonnet, side fenders and boot) is a little worn and needs a really good polish to repair the paint (like the rest of him) so i've tried to hide it the best I could from you lot Pretty good fit, albeit not as perfect as OEM, but better than you would expect from lights that cost about £160 delivered from the states. The gap is a tiny bit bigger than OEM, but i'm more than happy with them. This is my only problem I have with them. The bolt are covered with oval clips, but with these lights the clips don't really fit. I managed to get 2 on each lamp on, but there is no hope of getting the last ones on. I'm still trying to source adequate bungs or grommets to do the job. Anyway, I couldn't pass up an opportunity that came up on Saturday, so without further ado... STAGE 3 OF ZEDITUS HAS SET IN!!!! Picked these 2 wee beauties up on Saturday from Dublin for a ridiculous price that would have been cheap even in Sterling, never mind Euro's, and thats not taking into affect that i got 2 door cards (that I actually have no use for really except maybe a project of sorts) for FREE!!! The passenger seat is immaculate and here's the drivers side that only has very very minor cracking on the outside upper and lower bolster. I love them I know they aren't everyones cup of tea, but I think they look perfect without the silly alezan addition to the steering wheel. However, they didn't have airbags fitted and only one manual adjuster on the drivers side, so I assume they were from a roadster or import. So I contacted Keyser about what to do, and he was very helpful in advising me that I needed a couple of 2.2 ohm 1/4 or 1/2 watt resistors which I can get form Maplin. (some may have seen my other thread) He also advised that you can fit the resistors in the OEM airbag connector from the car, but I had no patience for this and just chopped them off and fitted the resistors to complete a circuit and wrapped them in electrical tape, works great! Thanks Chris The only thing worth mentioning to anyone about the resistor fix is not to panic, when you start the car the airbag light will be lit for a few seconds and go out, it's a real heart in mouth feeling waiting for the first time. lol I will also give you another bit of advice that Keyser mentioned to me. Once the seats are disconnected, don't touch the ignition until you have the fix in place or the airbag light will need reset. I have read on the US forums about this happening and sometimes even that the resistor is fitted correctly, the light keeps coming back, so safety first in my book. So, thats it for today, hopefully I can stop buying stuff for a while and save up some cash to get the paintwork corrected and a few rust caused bubbles sorted. Going to be hard though since there is now a Chargespeed type bumper in the for sale section -
My exact thoughts! Go with the veilside if you want it as subtle as it get, the stillen is a step up but much better looking in my opinion with the 2 support bars that attach at the front. I'm on the phone so can't get a pic, but give 350z stillen don't lip a google and have a look!
-
Keyser - good point, unless the guy knows about the steering buttons, Bose and seat heaters. But our MOT is a little different to the mainland in that we have MOT centres the size of a factory and it's mostly automatic. So possibly less likely the tester would notice. Seabee - it's actually really easy. I just asked at the counter for 2 x 2.2 ohm 1/4 watt resistors. Chopped off the yellow airbag connectors, stripped some wire and connected the resistor to the 2 wires to complete a circuit and finally wrapped it up on electrical tape. Easy as pie :-)
-
Well that would mean that you are not aloud to fit different seats or steering wheel, so I imagine whatever the new regulations are, it'll be along the lines of if fitted it must not be previously deployed or missing. But since the new seats never had airbags, it'll be ok.
-
I'm very impatient lol All sorted now and they appear to be working without having to do the reset. I also have no idea which ones I bought, I was just handed them and off I went 62 pence poorer.
-
According to Chris/Keyser and all the US forums, yes. I know I could just ask there, but its a 60 mile round trip and don't fancy going if they don't have stock so wanted to have a look first. I could also phone, but then I might get a numpty on the other end that understands less than I do, like in currys, halfords etc etc.
-
Hi, I'm heading to Maplin shortly to get some resistors to trick the car to think that there are airbags in the seats after changing them. I need 2.2 ohm, 0.25 or 0.5 watt, but I don't understand the jargon on the Maplin site. Could someone with more knowledge than me have a look and point me to them please? :-) http://www.maplin.co.uk/buy-components/resistors Thank you!
-
You can get pre facelift ones pretty cheap in eBay if you just want new, there are also horrible aftermarket ones there too from the states and OZ. but, if you have the dosh, pm Alex for a set of facelifts
-
You're telling me! Few years back there used to be 3 shells within 5 miles and the tesco down the road used to have their 99, but since then all shells have pulled out of Northern Ireland and they've become BP's who now don't do the 101 or 103, whatever it was and tesco have placed 95 stickers over what used to be 99 :shrugs: I've no idea why, there are plenty of performance cars about here that should be on 98+
-
I think everyone wanted the HFC's
-
Car runs fine on 97, of course if you happen to live somewhere that tesco has its super or shell then yes, go 99, but not everyone has this luxury. The nearest 99 I can get would involve about 50+ miles of driving and a 2 hour ferry ride.
-
Oh well, I thought I was onto something there Going to get those pictures for you today, i've just been lazy because of the rain.
-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tein-Bonnet-Damper-Nissan-350Z-Z33-/261170364174?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3A350+Z&hash=item3ccef77f0e Not the perfect shade, but, MEH!
-
Not because I'm going anywhere, Ekona, I want to upgrade my early 04's. I have 1 passenger side and the drivers side are like hens teeth. Alex unfortunately only sells in pairs so it might be an option to source one from the states which is much much cheaper, £250 for brand new plus customs and vat.
-
Major revive here, but does anyone know if this is the same for the 06 facelift lights?
-
I want these now!!! how much for instant delivery?
KyleR replied to deankenny's topic in 350Z General
These https://m.facebook.com/cincitydesigns?id=96471546452&_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=96482121452&id=96471546452&set=a.96479936452.88542.96471546452&__user=688690004 would be amazing on my car. I wonder if I should take a bash at doing it myself. Buy a cheap non working 06+ lamp and give it a go. Anyone any idea how it's done? Looks like they cut out the raised bits around the lense as well as the groves in the sides and fit something inside? I'd love to have them do it, but the £600 price tag that Wasso said he priced up is a bit steep for a few lights.