-
Posts
7,614 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by KyleR
-
Get the Samco kit, it'll probably cost more than the SFS stuff, but thats because it's a 4 piece rather than 2 piece.
-
Can I ask why you want a 5 and 6 inch plate? 6" pads will fit the 5" plate and I find it more valuable to have a 3" plate for 3-4" pads for smaller areas or harder to reach.
-
Jim you state the obvious?
-
Write off or not? What do people think? Gutted isn't the word!!!
KyleR replied to Easty's topic in 350Z General
I agree with the others, write off despite it being repairable. If you get decent money for it might be worth buying back to fix. -
Ooooo what you getting, we may have new shoes at the same time It's a secret. Already bought & paid for them but just need to be patient now and wait for them to arrive from a far & distant country. China?
-
No power restriction actually, it's a slight time delay between pedal and throttle body movements, giving the impression of a little less power
-
It's been documented on numbers forums and websites that garaging your car ups the premium, due to the reasons mentioned earlier and usually on the road or residential parking is cheapest, due to other people being able to see things going on in the middle of the street. However, my current broker (Chris Knott) asked me if I had a driveway to put the car one because with their underwriters it would be cheaper than on the road, where it was insured cheapest with Admiral. Different strokes for different folks (companies) I suspect.
-
There will be zero discount because the price of shipping the 4 extra wings by air has been divided 5 ways. The last wing is coming by container and was ordered months ago, so it being a week later than he expected isn't even late in the grand scheme of things. He's also not going to get any refund from the shipping company to compensate for the delay, so he has nothing to pass on to us.
-
I wish closer to £600 with the springs - Just so happens I have a set in the cupboard What do you mean with the springs? Do you need specific springs to fit into them? Yes mate 2.5" off the top of my head, standard springs won't fit them. Can get some pics if your intested? I wish mate, unless you'll let them go for about £200 I'm assuming that's 2.5" internal diameter? I'm sure my K Sports are bigger than that, that's almost true coilover spring sizes.
-
I wish closer to £600 with the springs - Just so happens I have a set in the cupboard What do you mean with the springs? Do you need specific springs to fit into them?
-
You only get camber arms with the kit, you will also need toe arms which are pretty rare along with a true coilover setup. Either that or spl mid links which are around £400 I believe. The bolts on the eibach kit only add a degree or so to the OEM adjustment which is fine for normal lowering, but not this slammed stuff. I've got zero toe on the standard bolts and mine is fairly low, not slammed, but fairly low! Sorry, this is a lie, just checked. Rear toe is within "acceptable tolerances" on the standard toe bolts. front toe is zero. Sorry for the lies Yea, mines the same although yours is a little lower than mine I think. But there's no way we could get the slammed broken camber arm look without toe arms, unless you want the toe in to be about 5 degrees, which I'm sure would throw the back end all over the place.
-
I'm waiting for you to fit yours and do a guide
-
You can also double clutch to prevent the crunch or what I do is take it out if gear and let it centre itself between 3rd and 4th then put it in 6th. I find this easier and less chance for screwing up everything trying to double clutch quickly.
-
Are they here yet?
-
I've been quoted £500 plus the time taken to remove and refit the box, so I'm gonna guess a total of £650 for a refurb.
-
I very very rarely hear it because the radio is always on, even if on low volume.
-
Aftermarket bumper = you don't need them because they're not fitted Wish me luck next month for my mot. It's a little different in NI where if Xenons are fitted you must have working washers. I have a V2 with no washers fitted, oops lol
-
You only get camber arms with the kit, you will also need toe arms which are pretty rare along with a true coilover setup. Either that or spl mid links which are around £400 I believe. The bolts on the eibach kit only add a degree or so to the OEM adjustment which is fine for normal lowering, but not this slammed stuff.
-
IMO the veilside needs a very aggressive kit to pull it off, the V2 would be a much better option
-
Yup it's purely the cost of buying it, not so worried about running costs but not sure I can justify £40 - £50k sitting outside depreciating I managed less than 3000 miles in my Zed last year and that includes Wales. It is on my list though - I have done the 911, which was my aim before 40 I have built a custom Jap another box ticked, I still love playing with the 350's (and it looks like I will be doing another complete rebuild soon) But I would like to say I had owned a GTR before I get to the "otherside" I also like the 370 and that is more affordable not the right word - justifiable I suppose, but my 350 will out run any stock 370 so it sort of becomes doing it because you can not because I want to - and besides I'd soon spend enough on the 370 to make up the difference to a GTR anyway The truth is I don't need a car the problem is I am a petrol head and WANT REALLY REALLY WANT a car if you know what I mean? So, you want something that you can play with, won't depreciate much and can kick the bitches ass? There is imply one option in my opinion. A late R34 GTR! They're just under £30k for a near on perfect example and prices are rising. Engine is easily tunable to well over 600hp and when you're finished with it in 3/5 years, you could sell it for the same, if not more than you paid for it and buy the R35 with money left over
-
Honestly have no idea about the sat nav, but pretty much all aftermarket head units have Bluetooth built in, so that's not a factor. Hopefully someone will along soon with a fix that will save you all the hassle, not to mention money
-
Why can't you justify the GTR? Just the sheer price along with needing specialist servicing if you're not gonna buy the kit to do it yourself? I have to say, though, if I was in a financial position to buy and keep an R35, nothing would be able to stop me. It's a massive itch to scratch and the second hand 09/10 models have hit a plateau in regards to prices. Aside from that, I'd love to see. 2JZ lump chucked into a Zed, amazing motor!
-
You'll need both camber and toe arms which means you'll need a full coilover set up. With that much camber you'll have way way too much toe in, much more than the adjustment bolts can cope with.
-
Not heard of this before, go buy a decent head unit, our "Bose" systems are a bit crappy.