-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
350z Milltek Systems now available at Tarmac Sportz from £660
coldel replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
Very pretty exhaust this, must have with the Berks in my opinion (I had the Stillen intake for extra nice sounds) - couple it with a bumper tuck for maximum effect. -
http://news.sky.com/story/1402934/pedestrians-splashed-by-cars-complain-to-police
-
Anyone know what this? Found under passenger seat.
coldel replied to Randy_Baton's topic in Off Topic Discussion
...so small and insignificant, but the previous owner might have had to drill out/remove the locking nuts, possibly damaging something in the process, get new nuts etc. It would have been a ball-ache. ..and it was under the seat all that time -
-
GTR, 911, F-Type, 360 ?
-
Well I have been through a few cars in the last few years including buying and selling the Zed, I never really had a single reason to sell more of a mix of: Done what I wanted to do to it in terms of modding and got a bit bored (probably one of the main reasons with the Z unfortunately) Wanted to try something different/saw something different at a good price and wanted to go for it Wanted to tick a box in terms of ownership (very much applies to buying the VX which is head and shoulders above the Zed/R33 in terms of raw driving thrill) Similar to the above, I do want to experience ownership of lots of different types of cars, learn how to drive different cars, see the pro's and cons etc Had to raise some funds to pay for something else expensive!
-
Car audio guys messed up my system- now sorted
coldel replied to chrisday1990's topic in 350Z General
That is really naughty, could still be an honest mistake "I told bob to do it, bob did you do it? No, I thought you said Dave was going to do it...' so on and so forth. Still it should have been checked all work done and parts fitted before handing it back to you. I struggle to believe someone working there would put their job at risk for a set of speakers. All that said, I would be furious as well, but rightly reign it in get your conversation straight in your head and go in controlled and get what you want out of the discussion. -
Car audio guys messed up my system- now sorted
coldel replied to chrisday1990's topic in 350Z General
I know it sounds really daft, but have you checked the balance settings on your head unit, in case they set them to Front to test out the speaker units individually and didnt change the settings back. Apologies in advance if thats the obvious first thing to check - flame suit on... -
Still use my 350D canon I bought ten years ago - superb kit these cameras - I also bought the grip, quite like it for portrait shooting.
-
Good shout on IDing it, Ings 2 bumper, I nearly bought one off a guy selling on here when I first bought my Zed! Should be a vent in the front left of it also for the intake (which isnt visible above)
-
Of course it does, on that basis how was anyone in the TG team supposed to recognise it on that assumption? Clarkson gave his reasons for taking the Porsche, heartfelt reasons i might add! If your honestly saying you would have made the assumption re the plate if you had not been told beforehand, i apologise reservedly, but as said elsewhere, what were the plates on the Mustang & Lotus? What were the plates on any of the other TG xmas cars? From what i can gather they were only made aware once filming (because someone linked the plate), they had a set of plates made to avert the possibility of some action, even that backfired as mentioned elsewhere as some associated that with the sinking of the Bellgrano rather than reading it as pretty much everyone else would!!!!! What they were supposed to do, cancel the whole show, run illegal plates?? Buy something else whilst there, if they took the issue seriously enough, a multi-million pound TV show can afford a £10k replacement car. Its so simple a solution. The just smash the cars up anyway so its not like they are looking to retain any value in the cars. They could have actually created a really good promotional thing out of it by being considerate to a countries history, clearly though thats not what Top Gear are about - given their track record.
-
Thats the issue though, at no point were Argentina or the UK at war during the Falklands conflict - it was a conflict not a war, so there were legal agreements in place as to the total exclusion zone around the islands which is where the conflict could only take place - the belgrano was 200km outside that zone and was attacked as it was perceived as a threat. There is evidence to show that the UK extended that zone before the attack but it was not disclosed to Argentina. The UK countered with some intel that showed the belgrano was about to attack so they took pre-emptive action. Its not a clear cut 'we took em on and beat em yeah go us' issue and is the basis for the amount of hatred that still exists in Argentina over it, to a level I am sure none of us can grasp.
-
I dont hate Clarkson...there thats that out the way clearly this is nothing to do whether you hate Clarkson or not. What I do hate are TV shows that go abroad and don't respect other countries culture and beliefs and then come home bleating about it as if they were really hard done by. I don't agree the crew deserved to be pelted by rocks and attacked but they had plenty warning and common bleedin' sense says that they were driving into a hotbed of potential hatred - there would have been numerous chances to avoid it from the set-up i.e. finishing at the port where the Belgrano was built, through the researchers who should be planning the whole thing right up to arrival when bloggers were mailing them telling them that they would end up in trouble - so much time to avoid it but they plowed on regardless, who knows why. Mind you it was summed up by the intelligence of the guy who was entitled 'security' at the end in the hotel when giving out advice on what to do next "erm, I think we should, erm, stay in our rooms" - well glad they had him along.
-
I also wonder if there was a car swap between presenters - seemed odd to me that Clarkson got the 'boring' Porsche, would have had May in that and Clarkson in the unreliable Lotus - I wonder if he decided he would take the responsibility for driving it?
-
It doesnt matter if anyone here could remember the date of the Falklands, its that the Argentinians did. And is it vague to them? Given the current attitude of Kirchner and her very public proposals around the Falklands and references to the war the majority of Argentinians would know the date of course. James May was right, that the majority of the trip was very pleasant and no problems arose. The point is, they antagonised a specific group of people, ie those living in a particular area where the Belgrano was built, by driving a car, which was already widely spoken about on the internet, which had the Falklands war date written on it driven by someone who has courted plenty of controversy with quite racist remarks in the past, straight to that place. It was idiotic, bordering on reckless as we saw.
-
That black MK2 looks really nice, I think of the MX5 range they have visually the least appealing look, but that looks very nice
-
Argentina/Chile do sell cars, would have been able to buy a replacement within a day no problem, for the money that show makes the cost would have been negligable. Clearly they just didnt take any warnings that they might inflame tensions in that part of Argentina seriously enough to consider it. It was all very avoidable. Like I say, lesson learnt with any luck that they take the security and safety of their crew a bit more seriously.
-
Scary stuff indeed, like I say, if they had paid a little bit of respect when warned at the start this event (which was almost inevitable!) wouldnt have happened. The crew wouldn't have been in danger and so on. Lessons learn't one would hope.
-
TBH there is enough You Tube content to search for what you want to watch - star in a car, the news section, pretty pointless in my opinion and usually skip through it which leaves the test drives, which I can watch anytime on You Tube.
-
No, I think if some Islamic presenters of a middle eastern TV show with a history of broadcasting offensive racial slurs against the US drove a car with aforementioned number plates across the US to end up at the site of the towers then I would think that we might see a US version of the 'animals' that live in Argentina. Similarly if we saw a UK version I am pretty sure we would have UKIP up in arms and the far right looking for a punch up. Thats the difference I don't think some people get, its the intent, it was avoidable. On the actual show, I agree with Will it is getting so tiresome, it so needs a revamp but I dont think the lads know how to do that neither clearly do the writers or producers.
-
Yeah it did escalate very quickly, and they seemed really concerned, shame they didnt heed the warning when they first started. I still think they were on the wind up, they have form for it. My theory is it went something like - pick a nice place we havent been to, Chile/Argentina, tick - check the route, and choose the car least capable for the journey to make it fun, sports cars, tick - lets add a theme, V8s, tick - go hunting on classifieds for V8s and see the number plate, a big Clarkson tick. Having lived abroad a number of times, and visited outside the main cities, I think you have to really respect that you are a visitor in their country. I would imagine anyone wandering through the outskirts of Manchester waving a flag celebrating the Munich air crash would get a very similar reception!
-
I always wonder about the claim that flying is safer than driving, when I looked into it there is some measure that is about 'passenger miles' of planes vs cars - given how many miles you get in a round trip to Oz for instance, you have to do a heck of a lot of driving to get even near that. They dont measure it in trips which it should, shouldnt it?
-
My Akuma Skyline with a the heart and soul of a Zed..
coldel replied to SkylineV35's topic in Member Build Projects
Love the colour, as mentioned previously not a fan of it in silver, but that looks very nice. -
Happy birthday mate!