Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Definitely a magazine feature car in the making here - looking good Darren and nice work Adrian helping out!
  2. Yes the scammers use actual adverts - they copy out the text to make it look authentic then just price it up as a private advert for between £4200 and £4600 once the advert closes. On a couple of occasions I have seen the genuine ad and the scam ad up for sale at the same time!
  3. Yes these are the PH ads I have been reporting for the last month or so - loads of them about, all you have to do is look for new cars priced £4200 to £4600 - a quick search on PH turns up: http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/vauxhall/insignia/vauxhall-insignia-3700-vxr-nav-2009/3695438 http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/civic-type-r/honda-civic-mk8-i-vtec-type-r-gt-------------2009/3695425 http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/golf-gti-mk5-mk6/volkswagen-golf-mk5-gti-edition30-t-230-----------2007/3695430 http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/s2000/honda-s2000-16v-gt------------------2006/3695423 Took me 20 seconds to find those 4...PH are lazy and poor at monitoring their own site and are providing a far too easy platform for these scams.
  4. The Zed Shed - A place where magic happens
  5. Tein springs plus 19s?
  6. Does he get the reference though? If I am totally honest.... no.... Awww come on Paul Hardcastle, its a classic!
  7. ..and correct me if I am wrong but does the Zed in BB have Tarmac mud flap type thingies on it
  8. Google kindly points it out as a Pontiac Aztek, a hideous car as you say! Why a multi millionaire never upgraded to a Zed I will never know...
  9. I will be 40 in April, do I qualify as a crusty!
  10. I can see PH's point that there are so many adverts they can't trawl them all but I think its irresponsible for them to take payment from people to put genuine cars on there and not do anything but shrug their shoulders and push the issue of fraud happening on their site back to the customer to sort out and report. Surely they could easily have an algorithm that works out each of their car categories average price and if an advert is x% lower then its given a red flag for someone there to check out.
  11. Series 3 Episode 11 ...and bizarrely this was on top of the hayward gallery on the south side of waterloo bridge the other day - some sort of cold war exhibit by all accounts...
  12. In World War II the average age of the combat soldier was 26, On 350z-uk.com he was 19. On 350z-uk.com the combat soldier typically served a twelve month tour of duty, but was exposed to hostile fire almost everyday. None of them received a hero's welcome nun-nun-nun nineteen!
  13. EPIC EPIC EPIC
  14. These scams are all over Pistonheads at the moment, private sales for around the £4200 mark (for cars worth at least double that) with what looks like a geunine advert where someone has a load of detail written down about the car. However it is usually a copy paste job from other car adverts recently sold.
  15. ...relax pal, we are just winding you up
  16. New sig for me then... "39 year old with no car to speak of at the moment with no wheels, no exhaust, no offsets, no wheel widths and the only stickers I have are cartoon ones I get stuck to my face by my 3 year old son"
  17. Why not, I am proud to not be driving in a fiesta or corsa like everyone else my age. ! I was actually proud to be driving a fiesta at 19 as I had a budget of £300 for a car and happy I cut my teeth learning in a car suited to my (in hindsight) rather limited driving ability at that age - nothing wrong with that Also meant I could experiment with cheap parts on a car worth not a lot of money and learn how to work on it and not rely on paying labour costs for the last 20 years to garages. And I didnt have the internet to look everything up I was also proud to be driving my 1999 saab 9-3 2.2 tid at 17, learnt a lot with it and wanted something completely out of the ordinary to replace it. Saved my money over the year as it was the cheapest years motoring I will probably ever have. (did not have a single problem with the Saab, and filled it once a month!) I know in say 10 years time I will look back and regret it, but right now I am young, I am lucky enough to be able to afford the zed at a young age and probably won't have the opportunity to own such a car ten years down the line, could say I am getting it out of my system, perhaps the zed will be followed by sensible cars........ I apologise to those of you who see my signature as me boasting, it is not meant to come across that way... Exactly my way of thinking. Had a Fiesta ST at 18 now bought my Zed at 19. Thought that in a few years I'll probably be in a position where I'd need more than two seats, so why not get my dream car whilst I still can. Mikey Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I think it actually works the other way around lol cheap cars with 4 seats so you can drive your mates when young then when you have amid life crisis you go buying daft 2 seater sports cars and pay peanuts on the insurance!
  18. Didnt stop me with my pedestrian style of driving easily gunning it when I needed to past pretty much everything else
  19. I still think you end up back at a VX220 BHP (per tonne) is pretty good, the car is very quick in a straight line but get to the twisty's and you will just drive away from most things on the road
  20. Why not, I am proud to not be driving in a fiesta or corsa like everyone else my age. ! I was actually proud to be driving a fiesta at 19 as I had a budget of £300 for a car and happy I cut my teeth learning in a car suited to my (in hindsight) rather limited driving ability at that age - nothing wrong with that Also meant I could experiment with cheap parts on a car worth not a lot of money and learn how to work on it and not rely on paying labour costs for the last 20 years to garages. And I didnt have the internet to look everything up
  21. Seriously, thats why you want it to beat 5.x seconds which on paper is what your mates cars do? Not being funny but not everyone is made the same, I am sure Brillo in a Focus ST would 'beat' me in a Porsche 911 because I am crap at driving fast and he goes track driving ten times a year!
  22. Hid E Us
  23. VX220 turbo (or supercharged NA) would be a very quick car if you are concerned about numbers off the line. My bog standard NA with 150bhp was quicker off the line than my remapped Zed.
×
×
  • Create New...