Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Is it only 1p difference per litre between Shell and Tesco? Thought it was more like 4-5p. Shows how much I pay attention. In any case, I usually stick in BP or Shell or some brand like that and occasionally put in supermarket fuel of the same RON never had any problems with any car I have had. Never saw any difference either when I ran a few tanks of Tesco either. I never put in lower RON fuel though into the cars that the manufacturer says not to either.
  2. When we moved to Paris for a few years it was all sponsored by work, so they paid a company to come over and move everything for us. They packed our entire house, from how it stood, into a truck and disappeared off in about 4 hours flat, never seen anything like it. Everything bubble wrapped, boxed, labelled, placed in order in the back of the truck and so on. Impressive stuff!
  3. Put your foot down as you hit them and get the car on its arse and chin in the air
  4. Loud, proud and shouty! Aggressive styling. Lose the 370 rubbish looking lights! Make a version that looks just as good as a roadster as it does a coupe with the roof up (if possible). Lose a bit of weight, in fact lose a fair bit. OK I am talking aesthetics rather than mechanical but I really didnt like the 370 styling at all - all objective though. Maybe have a straight six...
  5. I am not an expert by any means but that is because the DE doesnt have the sensor to deal with lower grade fuel in a car set up for higher grade at high revs. The later engines do. Although I am not sure what that has to do with the quality of fuel across companies. Just because Shell might theoretically give better bhp than say Tesco I am not sure how that equates to Shell elongating the life of the engine? I use random places for fuel, wherever I happen to be when I need it. Shell is just 30 seconds drive from me so I usually fill up there but would have no qualms with using Tesco, BP etc.
  6. as above please Oh and just in case Lease is 99 years+ Ground rent £50 a year Insurance circa £280 per year We currently rent it out at £700 per month but that's been a price we held for the current tenants for the last 5 years (they have been there 7) we have been advised rental is closer to £950-£1000 per month now.
  7. Hey Colin, I wasn't sure if I would be breaking a rule by posting up a link given the cheeky nature of the ad anyway As it happens a couple of weeks ago we had a cash buyer come in and we accepted - paperwork is with the solicitors and we are just awaiting various signatures and of course the hard cash to arrive I didn't want to say close thread 'just in case' I jinx it...!
  8. I didnt
  9. ...why do I get the feeling having missed the programme, that I really have missed nothing at all! Top Gear has properly run its course I think - it needs new presenters or a radical new style.
  10. Clutches can be random, depends on previous use. A few still going at 100k some went at 40k. When they go its quite easy to tell as you stick it in 3rd at low speed and put your foot down and the clutch slips with the revs going up but the car not accelerating. Most people change the flywheel as the clutch is out anyway. When I changed my clutch the flywheel was all scored so was glad I just changed it. Have a chat with Tarmac on here re: bodykits, he has various stuff you could source from here or he can safely get you stuff sent from the US - not cheap though. If you go to the relevant section of this forum there is plenty of info on buying, and a definitive (as far as it can be) buyers guide - will leave you a little challenge to hunt that down though
  11. Must admit I just joined in on this on page 3 when people were talking willy nilly about slinging in 95 - for a few things on cars, I go with what the manufacturer says and fuel is one of them! Also just a point of note, because you can't find something on google, its doesnt mean it doesnt happen - maybe google to find someone admitting to have sex with a goat in a field and you probably wont turn up much, doesnt mean there are not weirdos out there doing it
  12. Nissan are not mugs, they have some of the best techs in the world no doubt, like most manufacturers. If a manufacturer says use super then I personally would rather than rely on what I can find on the internet to say otherwise. I'm not a fuel technician, and neither are 99% of people on here, so I would rather go with the manufacturer advice on this one.
  13. Pretty sure Supermarket high ron fuel is 'good enough' for the car, as well as BP Ultimate etc etc. Is VPower significantly better fuel? Who knows. Marginally it might be but we really are into tiny differences I would suspect.
  14. If you are using it for a commute, and stuck in traffic, never getting to put your foot down then you have bought the wrong car surely? Especially if you are then shirking on the cost of fuel. Sell the zed, buy a 3 series beemer and be done with it. Never understood why anyone would spend a serious amount of money on a car then when it comes to something so key to its performance and lifespan risk it and save themselves a couple of quid when filling up.
  15. 370 for girls, Mustang for boys?
  16. Gorgeous in grey, although no option to change the wheels?
  17. Coldel will back me up on this and more than likely Ian or anyone who's owned a ARC......... It may easily be beaten on price, but the sound of the ARC is legendary!! Consider yourself 100% backed up
  18. Pretty sure the somewhat higher heat levels with an aftermarket filter along with the less 'funneled' air do mean loss of ponies but hell 2bhp on a 260bhp car...really isnt a biggie when you consider as other said it sounds better and it looks better when you pop open that bonnet than having that hideous bulky black plastic box in there.
  19. Midnight purple - as someone mentioned its an actual Nissan colour and looks stunning.
  20. As above, two very different cars, pluses to both I am sure but its what you want to get out of it other than just power? Rear wheel fun or all wheel grip? Being an ex-owner of a bog standard VX220 in reference to the first response - if you are after raw driving bonkers fun then its not all about numbers, these cars are as close to a track going race car as you can get for that money in terms of handling and performance - lots of supercharged VX220 conversions out there which are brutally fast - every petrol-head should at some point or another own a VX or Elise
  21. Having seen this car up close a number of times can certainly see shes a cracker, lovely car, lovely colour!
  22. Sorry to hear this mate.... My father in law is 71 and had a quadruple heart bypass two years back, in hospital for a week and then off his feet for about two months afterwards - certainly needed help at home from his wife if thats what you needed to hear. If its any consolation, he said he had a new lease of life afterwards, started going to the gym, struck up friendships with other people going through a similar thing and meets with them regularly as friends, said his body hadnt felt that good in years once he recovered from the surgery.
  23. Order pizza and leave her a cold half!
×
×
  • Create New...