-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Oh dear! Lesson learned! Don't listen to Steve!
-
In terms of cost, I always notice people service their cars regularly and keep changing over Iridium plugs, they are pricey and the only benefit of them over copper plugs is the lifespan - if you are servicing regularly save yourself a fair chunk of cash and get coppers.
-
I had the same problem, googled it and found a few solutions that sorted it...its not the end!
-
Hmmmm two spring to mind. First year at uni, still getting acne so was prescribed minocycline I think it was called, after a few months acne cleared up but I started to get pain in my joints, they said to keep taking it as its an anti-biotic and would help with the pain. It got to the point I couldn't walk up some stairs so got a second opinion, turned out it was slowly poisoning me and would have killed me had I carried on just a few more weeks with it as I had an adverse reaction to it. I nearly went and killed the bloody doc who said to keep taking it once I got better - took about 6 months to properly be able to do exercise again. Other one was playing footy when I was living in France a few years back, five a side with the boards being a chicken fence style arrangement. Anyway a guy bashed me into the fence as I was running past him and my little finger and next finger along got caught in the fence and took the whole weight of my body momentum - I fell down and looked at my hand to see both fingers bent back with the nails touching the top of my wrist, purely as a reaction I just grabbed them both and snapped them back - I don't remember screaming but it was one of the most painful things ever, and it was self inflicted, anyway five fractures down my two fingers thanks to that one and never got any pain killers for over two hours waiting to get sorted out at the hospital.
-
Discounted cash price off the forecourt? Never seen an ad worded like that on AT?
-
Bottom one looks like the lorry behind just shunted the car under the one in front - horrific!
-
Depends what your priorities are when buying a car mate - yes BMW on paper looks great, but do you want to be one of another million owners of the same looking car? For me I tend to lend weight to uniqueness as an important factor when choosing a car, I had this debate with Dan that yes on paper it doesnt perform as well but I dont want to disappear into the legions of other people driving the same thing. My 'roco was awesome, lovely quality interior, at the time very different styling, certainly stood out - and in no way 'not' manly Regarding the 123d beemer, are we talking about the hideous long backs or the coupes? The longback series 1 beemers have to be one of the stand out ugliest cars our there and hardly manly!
-
Had some guy in an old Peugeot 406 overtake me on the M4 the other day (just before getting to the M25 turn off) I was on the inside lane doing a steady 60 and he went outside me at about 100, undertook three other cars (admittedly all middle/outside laning) in front of me, straight back onto the outside lane over taken a few more then undertook a guy who was indicating left to get into the M25 slip lane narrowly missing him. I said to my wife where are the police when you get muppets like that driving like complete twats. 30 seconds later a police car goes roaring by and off into the distance. I pass the two cars pulled up on the hard shoulder a few minutes later with the guy being ushered out his Peugeot and shovelled into the back of the cop car someone was clearly listening to me hurrah!
-
Good work fella, I had the same thing when a guy on a moped sitting between lanes 2 and 3 on the A3 at 50mph decided to try go between two cars in front of me and ballsed it up and came off. Stupid idiot for doing it but still he flew under the front of my car and I slammed on the brakes in the outside lane and came to a halt to see him grab the front of the car and try haul himself up. I jumped out and gave him a hand and he seemed ok, by now I was getting parped, and some guy got out his car and was swearing at me.
-
I had a 1.4 twin charged Scirocco as a company car, super power delivery and great mpg too - more room in the back seats than you would think, boot a bit small but not a deal breaker really. Its purely subjective but I think they are one damn good looking car as well.
-
Can you come round mine and fit one I am a complete anti-spanners man, I mean I have spanners, but may as well have no fingers and two left hands given the skill I attempt to brandish them with! I just plugged it in, had the 5 steps of instructions about switching on the ignition, pressing the throttle down all the way, back up etc and it was done. Took a few minutes max even for a wally like me!
-
Must admit I was expecting to open this thread to see 'feels amazing worth every penny' - your gains are not particularly big so not surprised you can't feel anything. The appeal of the uprev is the 'drivability' which I must admit I felt when I had mine done, but, it was no different to when I had the throttle controller on the car which cost me £65 and a 2 minute install. If I ever got a zed again I would not do the uprev simply because in my mind, its just not worth the money when there is a much cheaper option (for what I want in terms of low gear drive).
-
Have a truly top pumped up day Dan, don't let your increasing age deflate you, get yourself a nice matching outfit on and go party
-
When I once had a sudden panic realising that the car was dirty, impending car meet and I had run out of shampoo I bought Zymol from Halfords. Super stuff and very under-rated.
-
I would advise a detox shampoo as well - use it every 8 weeks or so to remove remnants of any polish or wax and start over.
-
I guess the big question, what was the reading after bolt ons and a number of runs to let the ECU adjust?
-
Be good to see the curves, as they are what is really interesting, the peak power is a nice number to quote but the area under the curve and smoothness is probably what you should be looking at.
-
Blimey doesnt seem like a year ago the lads surprised the Smurf - time does fly!
-
I had mine resprayed fully and then put on various different badges depending on my mood - didnt look right completely debadged in my humble opinion. Have you gotten the details of the one day respray? Assume its not a back to plastic/metal strip, prime, spray, lacquer and bake? Or is it a repair and blend effort?
-
I had the Stillen intake, sounds great and comes with its own box which is custom fit to the zed. It sat right up against the bumper vent in the same position as the panel filter - no metal tubing all plastic - cant imagine that would be any worse than the big chunky box as standard.
-
God damn it!
-
Looks like a fantastic place to be, nice work!
-
Looks like a fantastic place to be, nice work!
-
Fingers crossed for you. I presumed RT would have given you a quote for a proper clean down, prime, spray and bake - the other garage doing it in a day is probably doing a blow over. Happy to be proved wrong if you have found a garage that can do it cheap and do the full process in a day, post up the results.
-
Make sure you get a garage to do it that has an oven to properly bake the respray - otherwise it won't be a good job.