Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. RT Performance are now in Wembley I believe. They were in Kew. Moved so they could get better equipment and premises. Other option are TGM in Fleet, a quick jaunt down the motorway - pricey but do a fantastic job.
  2. GM 05 plate near Robin Hood Way on the A3 around 1pm today with a go pro on the back! White 350 didn't see the number plate but near ottershaw around 3pm, I flashed my lights at you in the opposite direction in the silver Focus.
  3. Ford Focus - cheap as chips to run, parts available on every street corner. Any half decent beemer? Honda Civic? Mazda 3/6? VX220 NA, 35mpg and super quick - mind you hows supple are you
  4. Me being the doom-monger of doom - should this thread be closed? OP asked a question, got his answers and some.
  5. In terms of handling set-up the RB26 might be a good bet - although you would be going against the ethos of the NA Zed
  6. Ask wasso on here he has a nice v8 plugged in - although be interesting to see how the handling holds up given the v8 is something like 25% heavier than the v6?
  7. There have been many a rant thread on here about bad purchases and various other things and have to say Nelson has been the best behaved, most mature poster of the lot. I was gobsmacked back on page 1 or whatever it was when people confirmed the engine was kaput that he admitted his own fault and was ready to take it on the chin and buy a replacement (before a load of comments about going around with your mates started flying about - which is daft by the way - apart from it being illegal there is always someone tougher than you and your mates) and fair play for dealing with it with such a positive attitude. Looks like per chance there are engines about - like others have said, it will in the grand scheme of things get you a car at a reasonable overall price but do collect as much evidence of the engine swap, receipts etc as come sale time its the sort of thing that will put people off and you will have to have a convincing set of paperwork to show its all legit. A good idea when you do it is to start a new thread on here in the projects section so any buyer down the line can refer to it.
  8. Yep Shell building, although there are other tenants, have been for a few years now as far as I know. Nice little plaque on the front gates indicating that this was the building within which the RAF was formed by all accounts...Sipar, that is weird!
  9. I'm also on the Strand. (although today I'm in Istanbul, where it's cold, miserable and wet). Haha probably pass me every day! I work at 80 Strand, the office next door to the Savoy
  10. Somewhat ironically the other day we had a fire drill which involved a walk out of the building (we are on the Strand in London so lots of high buildings) and around another which had scaffolding up all around it to the top floor about 12 storeys up. Out of nowhere a hard hard came crashing to the ground next to me and narrowly missing a girl who screamed out - it really came down with a thump and I looked up half expecting to see someone coming down after it. No one did, but it would have been ironic if someone got seriously hurt by getting hit on the head by a hard hat...
  11. Agreed, when there are so many with full history here - many untouched/unmodified (if being bought away from the forum!)
  12. Which importer was it? As per the other thread people mentioned its not cheap and you are much better off just buying UK. I remember when I was living in Japan about 8 years ago I was getting 240 yen to a £, nothing like that now so outright car cost is going up. Then you have to pay import duty 10%, VAT 20%, shipping (circa £750ish?), port fees, registration, on the road fees including conversions to things like the rear fogs/speedo etc, SVA/MoT.
  13. Did a few laps in an Aston at Rockingham, just harking back to Steves first reply to this thread the V8 touring car was fired up and going around, good god it was IMMENSE what a noise.
  14. Stick an LS3 in it instead?
  15. Aye, that was it, I am no expert but even mr layman here thought the police should arrest and prosecute assault No OP has to sort it out himself that much is clear.
  16. So assault is not something police deal with? So why would they ask me to come in and make a statement?
  17. Thats the law of proof - if there is an element of doubt they get away with it. I have had so many things happen to and around me over the years you do look at the law as a joke, I have heard many a senior policeman say you need 10 written sworn statements by priests and bishops to get a conviction nowadays (although even their integrity is often in doubt!). I got assaulted by a guy on the London underground, nothing serious he looked out of it, just shoved me in the chest for no reason, I held my nerve and just got off. Called the police afterwards and they wanted me to make a statement at a police station, I asked what would get done, and really apart from adding a 1 to the statistics nothing. I find law frustrating as it is hardly ever possible to implement it! Anyway I digress! Bit different if it goes down the civil route - the proof doesn't have to be 100%. 51 to 49 is enough in a civil case. But whats the point of the law if the land doesn't enforce it and you have to do it yourself. I am sure if it was a celeb or someone of some importance the police would have been all over it but for joe public its not worth the time and resource. Huge differences in the police approach depending on who you are. The law is a joke, anyone that has been in that position knows it is.
  18. OCD alert!
  19. It would have been a shocker if someone won ten races vs someone else winning five (if Hamilton retired Rosberg could have finished fifth and won it) won the championship. Double points is ridiculous and hopefully will be dropped for next season.
  20. Good work fella, never heard of Ox Blood as a colour though!
  21. For some people, they like to challenge themselves to get a degree - my wife didn't go to uni and is now later in life wanting to do one, it won't earn her extra money in a career as she already has some great experience that gets her into job interviews, but its a tick in the box of one of lifes things to do.
  22. Thats the law of proof - if there is an element of doubt they get away with it. I have had so many things happen to and around me over the years you do look at the law as a joke, I have heard many a senior policeman say you need 10 written sworn statements by priests and bishops to get a conviction nowadays (although even their integrity is often in doubt!). I got assaulted by a guy on the London underground, nothing serious he looked out of it, just shoved me in the chest for no reason, I held my nerve and just got off. Called the police afterwards and they wanted me to make a statement at a police station, I asked what would get done, and really apart from adding a 1 to the statistics nothing. I find law frustrating as it is hardly ever possible to implement it! Anyway I digress!
  23. Have a read through here http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91985-oil-light-flashed-on-bought-car-yesterday-from-dealer/
  24. PM Zmanalex he usually has them sat around and can supply the parts you just need a garage quote from someone reputable to replace it. Have you tried calling citizens advice (or whatever organisation could advise you legally where you stand) to find out what you can do - he has a legal responsibility to sell something as described and you don't get the car fail that quickly in the fashion it has.
  25. Nooo, midnight purple all day...
×
×
  • Create New...