Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Just buy a championship time attack car straight up mate Mike off the VX220 forum is selling up! http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/topic/133564-race-vx220-championship-winning-car/ Stunning machine! His project thread is a meagre 218 pages long... http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/topic/109203-cliffie-double-time-attack-201213-champion/
  2. You have a Nissan badge on your car, remove it immediately why advertise Nissan for free Actually I don't.....replaced them with Z burgers Ah so you are now adverting the Zed range of Nissan sports cars instead...I see...
  3. You have a Nissan badge on your car, remove it immediately why advertise Nissan for free I seriously doubt a couple of stickers on a car will dramatically impact the bottom line of what are usually multinational businesses. Do it if you want, at the end of the day Jap cars are probably the only cars that CAN pull of having stickers on and get away with it, especially the common drift cars like the 350z, 200sx's and the like.
  4. I had one of these, look V cool in the engine bay and sound nice.
  5. Freshers week, 1994, first week of uni, get drunk chat to fellow fresher, back to his place with some new mates to get properly drunk. His new housemates are final year students in Vehicle Design, I don't remember much of that night but I do remember his housemates humbly admitting they had 5 A* A-Levels that got them into Cov Uni and they all had jobs (in 1994) that 'paid more than your average CEO' with Yamaha and the like lined up when they finished. Bizarrely I remember now, the only car between the three of them was a Citroen CV2! Don't dis the Cov! Unless its statistics or economics, which was average!
  6. As above, lesson learned. You could have just turned around and said when you went home early you had only taken 10 minutes for lunch etc. 9-5 in a manual labour trade is nonsense as far as I can see, its £x for the job and thats that. You estimate how long it takes and there is some leeway in that as you can never foresee problems or things that speed or slow down the process. Just say actually, when you went home early you had to do extra planning for the job because of <insert some crap here> problems so actually both those days you worked 9-7 so can you will charge more...
  7. Same here! Cov locals are a bit special, but I quiet liked the city, its changed massively even since I went, jaguar have been using the ring roads a test track for years. And the entry/exit junctions are a perfect demo of the chaos theory. Would love the chance to race on the ring road Went back with about 15 of my uni mates in September, its been 20 years since we started our degree's and we got a tour etc. Was amazing they have a Harrier jump jet in the engineering lab along with flight simulators and a wind tunnel used by mercedes benz f1 team, when I was there 20 years ago I got to sit in the Thrust land speed record car (as they built it there) - little do people know its one of the best uni's in Europe for engineering, shame I did economics!
  8. Oi! I did my degree at Coventry Uni! Don't dis the cov!
  9. We almost went this route then just canned it due to the instant expectations - everyone saying 'you HAVE to do this and you HAVE to do that' so we said sod it, close family and some friends and that is it. We thought people might get annoyed but it was fine, most people are in it for the party any way
  10. 'earnt my day off today, currently under a duvet on the sofa half asleep with laptop and tv remote on the side deciding whether to watch Top Gear or Sherlock, cup of tea in hand, life is good
  11. It was all in the news recently, people collecting these!
  12. I always use the panel pots (tight) I don't know how you did all that in half a day !! 6am start Feel pretty tired now, although booked in a massage at 2:30 today, reward!
  13. Sorry, not sure why I put 3 , 2, and no not in the same hit!
  14. Cheers, you can get sample pots for about £15, good for four layers on a medium sized car.
  15. ...one of my customers from back when I ran my own little local detailing business called me up and asked for some work on his RS4, did it this morning (on my day off from my day job!), detox shampoo, SRP then three layers of Supernatural and very pleased with the results - fantastic stuff and recommend it I also have been using AG Fast Glass, comes up pretty well for a budget option.
  16. Always saw this range get good reviews for the price...
  17. I agree bears, it works for some not for others, I guess some people just don't see the point but I wouldn't validate that by just saying its a piece of paper. Certainly a whole lot more to it than that.
  18. We just DO! 'Tis important ... Gary and I met on 25th October 14 years ago - first date was 9th December ( had to get rid of his current wumin) - first 'sleep over' was 22nd December .... We're not married but have worn rings since 9th December 2001- now planning a handfasting next December (yes ok we're finally biting the bullet... those of you that know us you heard it here first) I remember mine and Rebeccas first date with absolute clarity, I was getting text updates from my mates on the West Ham score in the play off final West Ham won, Bobby Zamora winner
  19. Brilliant idea for a thread
  20. The cost of wine in France makes the trip worthwhile in itself, so much better value!
  21. Venues in the UK are so massively overpriced it beggars belief. I proposed to Rebecca in France (we were on a break to a Chateau in the Loire Valley, whilst we were living in Paris) and we returned to the Chateau with some family a while after the wedding, paid for it all, had the Chateau to ourselves for something like £300 a night to house 15 people in very splendid medieval rooms etc. Had my stag in Cork, was meant to be Reykjavik but the ash cloud volcano cancelled that days before and we hurriedly chose Cork - was FANTASTIC.
  22. Married 4 years, next year we would have been together for 10. On the issue of cost, ours cost £900 for a registry office, 20 close family and friends and then we wandered down Richmond high street to the boat by the bridge restaurant and everyone ordered off the menu! Then we noticed from the boat that the pitcher and piano opposite's beer garden was empty so we promptly commandeered it. Everyone started going home in the evening, it was only when we waved off the last that we were stood on the high street with no idea how to get home (we were living in Putney at the time), so we hailed a black taxi got in done up to the nines and he said 'been to a wedding mate?' you can imagine the banter that went on after that...he didn't charge us to get home. We then had three honeymoons, Rome, Paris and Devon - then we held a big party for the full family the following month in a pub on Putney Heath. Total cost of all 5 events somewhere in the region of £5k. No bank breaker by any means!
  23. Good stuff Neil, good luck mate.
  24. I like the way people think that because their phone has a high MP count it therefore means much better quality photos, nothing to do with the lens or anything like that of course
  25. He was worried about the carbon wrap, I would be more worried about bits of gaffer tape being used http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29658585
×
×
  • Create New...