-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
There was some weird voodoo stuff going on there, I post up my for sale ad then the very next post I read was this! Yeah the 200s and Skylines are very different beasts, both used frequently by drifters from what I can see on Driftworks and the like.
-
Cheers guys, yes a cracking car and now understand why boost is so addictive. I must admit I have a hankering for a roadster/targa top of some description next...
-
Clearly there is the technology available to do the daily refund. The technology involved in reading number plates, linking to databases, automating postal fines and processing is much more complicated than calculating days left on a tax disc and refunding that. Clearly it is a money making scheme, which the government is not going to complain about and there is no process whereby a clear single voice can challenge it with authority.
-
Up for sale, my Spec 2 1996 R33 GTST. I purchased the car back in April and have enjoyed miles of smiles since. I do change my cars yearly as I am looking to get through a bucket list of sports cars (I owned a VX220 in 2013 and a Nissan 350z in 2012) so reason for sale is purely nothing more than looking to my next car on the list, the car drives beautifully. If you are looking for a very good solid base car that has not seen the engine stressed during its life, this certainly ticks that box. As The Car Stands Today MoT getting done this weekend (11th October) but expect a clean bill of health, I fixed the only advisory from the previous one which was to replace the steering rack bushes. I also serviced the car in May (along with my father who is a car mechanic by trade running his own business with over 40 years’ experience) changing the oil to Fuchs Supersynth, new oil filter, sytec fuel filter change and the spark plugs changed over (NGK coppers). There has been no oil loss since the oil change and the level has remained constant with no need to top up. The car is currently sat at 140,500 on the clock (will rise as I use the car regularly), a mix of KM and miles which put it at approximately 88,500 miles (see paragraph below for history on speedo switch over). A Brief History I looked extensively into the history of the car, calling up the MoT and service stations that the previous owners used to confirm various details. The car was imported in 2006 by a gentleman in his 50s who lived in Swansea, he kept the car completely stock and garaged during the duration of his ownership. This included keeping the speedometer in KMH until he p/x the car into GLC Car Sales in Swansea where the owner put a speedo converter to MPH on, at the time of this happening the car was on 136,000 KM making it around 84,500 miles (I called the owner of GLC to confirm this happened). The owner of GLC also installed at this time a cat 1 Toad alarm (I have the certificate for this, required for insurance purposes in most cases). The Skyline then went to a guy who is an army mechanic over in Gloucester in 2013 (I have a copy of the for sale ad which shows the car in stock condition before he bought it). He made a number of changes to the stock car with the aim of taking it to a stage 1 state of modification, the reason he sold was that he was racing bikes at the time and needed numerous sets of extra tyres for the new season and decided to cash in on the Skyline. He barely drove the car within his ownership adding just a handful of miles spending more time working on the upgrades than driving it. Since I took ownership I have also made some changes, the list of modifications below shows all the changes within my ownership in >italics: Mechanical/Engine Bay -Full Japspeed Exhaust, downpipe and decat (have the standard cat for MOT time) -XS power turbo elbow -Auto extreme Front Mounted Intercooler -HKS SSQV blow off valve -Uprated big alloy radiator >K&N air filter >HKS adjustable turbo actuator (currently set to 0.8bar) -RSP Stage 1 ECU upgrade -Full set of Evolution Foundry stainless covers in the engine bay -Front (with integrated brake stopper mod) strut bar >Rear GTR strut bar Wheels and Suspension -BC Racing Coilovers -HICAS lock out bar -18'' Mesh alloy wheels 8.5 front 9.5 rear + Falken tyres all round with plenty of tread left Exterior -400r arches, smoothed and blended -JDL rear bumper -JDL side skirts smoothed and blended -Top Secret front bumper -Genuine GTR rear spoiler -Custom rear illuminated Skyline panel -Upgraded LED number plate lights -Nismo clear side repeaters -Black tinted rear and side rear windows Interior -Red stitch GTR interior including front & rear seats and all door cards front and rear >Aftermarket Prosport boost gauge (measured in bar) >Upgraded leather gear/handbrake/centre arm covers >Drivers side cockpit plasti-dipped white (I used pasti-dip so it can be easily removed if not to your taste by just peeling off) >Momo Air gear knob -Rear and rear quarter windows tinted -CD head unit with Vibe speaker replacements >Upgraded LED brilliant white dash lights -Upgraded LED Interior lights Tuning History During My Ownership I took the car into tuning specialists Horsham Developments for the fitting of the turbo actuator; I asked them to set it to a safe 0.8 bar (the stock turbo can run to 0.85 bar if you want to wind it up a bit more) and the resulting dyno run showed a good air-fuel mixture and the car peaking at 293bhp with a very linear power curve through the rev range. The car has run unmodified for a long period of its life which you can feel in the drive of the car, it starts first time and takes just a few minutes to settle down to a smooth idle. The car also had a full external body re-spray when the body kit was added in 2013 so it looks very fresh and can easily surprise many an onlooker guessing its age. Cleaning The Skyline I am a fanatical car cleaner, I have always looked after cars I have owned in the past and its no different with this one. Typically, I wash it once a week with Zymol car shampoo, Auto Glym Super Resin Polish once a month and sealed with Dodo Juice Supernatural hard wax. The wheels are waxed regularly with Rimwax and I use Auto Glym Fast Glass weekly inside and out. Inside the car I use Auto Glym Interior Shampoo to keep the upholstery in good condition, I also use Nanolex Trim Restore on the plastics which gives it a new car look and acts as a sealant. I use PlastX plastic polish on the lights to keep them clear and demisted. The Bad Bits Being 18 years old there are of course going to be a few bad bits with the car which I will try to outline to the best of my knowledge below: -There are some signs of rust dotted around the car, in the engine bay there are the odd spots which I have treated with anti-rust agent. There is no rust in any of the key areas though i.e. strut tops are clear -The rear left wheel has some kerbing on the edge of the rim -The rear left bumper spat has a black mark on it looks like the black from a buggy wheel I have included photos of these as a reference. Apart from those minor niggles the car starts and drives really well. It was the 5th R33 I looked at when searching and I bought it within a day of viewing, I was being very picky but this was a very clean example, well looked after with the right history for me. T&Cs! All the usual caveats apply; you will not be allowed to drive the car unless you have written proven evidence of full insurance cover and production of your driving licence. I am more than happy to take you for a test drive, there are plenty of roads within a short distance to stretch the car (dual carriage way, M3, busy high street for stop start checks, also a steep hill in the next street etc.) so you can see how it handles the road and drives. I am looking for £5,500 if you have any questions please do contact me and I will do my best to answer. I am based in Richmond, Surrey. Col
-
Was more tongue in cheek mate - you could then go find Zeds and race them and get threads posted up on here
-
Oh jeez sorry to hear that mate!
-
Yeah saw that, totally obvious that the programme chose that car because of the number plate!
-
Oh if only.... It kind of reminds me of a serious comment Frank Carson made about the then sectarian divide in NI, he said even if you were an atheist to others you would be either a protestant atheist or a catholic atheist. Although we very rarely see the stats of how religion turned people who may otherwise have been violent or similar into people with a desire to do good - I guess it doesn't really make the news. Its always associating religion with violence? To confirm, I do not like religion, just playing devils advocate (ironically!)
-
I manage a guy from UAE goes off to pray every day at work - he believes in the way of life and following the rules it lays out, he prays to his imaginary friend but he doesn't believe that everything is out of his control and that he has no say in his life and that everything happens because a god says so. Following a religion is not just about following the god, but lots of other elements of it, from what I can observe. I could be wrong. Do we not have people on here who can comment in an informed way (given that I am not religious!)
-
I think the majority of 'normal' people in this day and age that follow religion know that the imaginary friend doesn't exist...
-
I imagine it will be a one sided view rather than an objective one. If you debate tit for tat back through history there is too much there to even come to a conclusion. Everyone is to blame! I liked the quote from the video I posted "Islam is not a peaceful religion, neither is it violent, the individual is either peaceful or violent and they can follow whatever religion they want" - same can be said of any religion really. Violent people use religion as a tool to control those who have lost their purpose in life as far as I can see, whether its Islam or Christianity.
-
Its actually quite a long list nowadays!
-
Not getting the hiss when I unscrew the fuel filler cap...
coldel replied to The Trouser's topic in 350Z General
Maybe the snake that was hiding in there got away? I wouldnt worry, every car I have ever owned makes a different noise depending on how much fuel is left in the tank. -
S2000's, Fast Clios, E36 M3's, S14 200SX's, Focus RS .......... TBH once youre moving there needs to be a big difference in performance to be noticeable anyway. ...R33, VX220...
-
Would like to see the stats on the above mate, I imagine there are some assumptions in there? Or did it come out of an article somewhere you read?
-
Me thinks disputing the validity of a business plan is slightly off topic?
-
Worth a watch, to see how if you try and look at the whole issue of Islam objectively you see how daft some of the stuff the western media come out with is...helps to put some perspective around the whole thing. https://www.youtube....h?v=sbNyJWkjgpg
-
I read a report this week that 2m cars in the US currently have in effect a kill switch that finance companies can activate if payments are missed. There was a story that one woman doing 70 on a motorway had her car killed and she was left drifting with no brakes or throttle in the middle lane! Yet the authorities say its ok!
-
I went to the 'connected car' conference in Amsterdam a few months back and this company were there talking, it is impressive tech with GPS, accelerometers along with all the data the car collects through the ECU. If it is used in insurance claims then it must be a bit more than just a crude measuring device otherwise it would be dismissed. Also if things like airbags are activated then the help centre will contact the owner and be immediate contact with emergency services with the exact coordinates of the accident to get an ambulance over there.
-
Try zmanalex or clarkmotorsport mate
-
And you got to remember, this is from an insurance point of view. If girls have knocks that aren't reported, that is completely irrelevant. At the end of the day they have to put a premium against the likelihood of making a claim, if girls aren't making those claims then it is not costing the insurer hence the lower quotes for women. Drivelikeagirl has been around for years, its not new, there was legislation that said premiums cannot be dictated by gender but that is nonsense, you may as well say then it is ageist to dictate by age, locationist to dictate by your post code and so on - until we all have the same premium!
-
In a basic way of looking at things i.e. claims data, girls have less accidents than boys. The company wants to install black boxes which monitor how you drive, if you drive in a way that is less likely to cause an accident then you get part of your premium back. Its quite straight forwards as far as I can see and the headline is just a simple marketing slogan based on a simple stat? They also have other benefits in that if you have an accident, they have a support line that will contact you to make sure you are ok within minutes of it happening. Also the data collected in the black box can be used if you wish to support any claim you make in a court around a disputed accident.
-
A question to a sub set on here - why do ex-owners stay on the forum?
-
As with most cars that are made as convertibles/roadsters, I think the S2000 looks better than the Zed drop top. Having been out in one though it is a very cramped environment, it felt more spacious in my VX! Sweet engine though.