Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I think when you start to have doubts, they are there for a reason! Its also easy to think that you could never top your current car you have invested so much time and effort into - but you will surprise yourself how easy it is to fall for the next car in exactly the same way!
  2. 500bhp sleeper (of sorts!) for under 10k http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213433
  3. Monster Audi S6 V10 or something? Luxury and power
  4. Go mental and get a Lotus or something!
  5. Its good to try a different car mate, I was in pieces when I sold my Zed but had endless fun last year blatting around country lanes in one of the best road chassis out there in my VX220. My current car is tremendous for nearly 19 years old, looks stunning, loads of power, great noise and boot space for the buggy and back seats for Alfie. I do feel better for having tried some varied sports cars and don't miss the Zed anywhere near as much as I thought I would I am too busy enjoying the car I have at the moment.
  6. I moved out of my parents at 19 and went off to live in a house share for Uni and never moved back in - I was pretty broke for many a year but now look back and appreciate the fun times (and learning responsibility of paying my way!) and all the rest that comes with not living at home. Although I have read somewhere that half of under thirties in the UK still live at home!
  7. I keep seeing companies driving around with IS as an abbreviation - Information Systems and the like - unfortunate that IS turn up and kinda make your name infamous. But on a more serious note, what IS do is not headless fanatical behaviour, it is very well calculated in how to rile the west and generate the response they want. The 99.9% of mindless fanatics that follow the leaders willing to blow themselves up are just pawns in the game being manipulated by the promise of afterlife goodness - its just awful that some twisted people use religion to control people to such an extent. But we shouldn't be lulled into thinking that there is no strategy there - its all done for more than just gratuitous violence reasons.
  8. I would disagree, there is some crap in Halfords generally in the accessories department populated with rip speed rubbish but there are some good cleaning products - for the money AG is generally a good all round product.
  9. Just nipped across to the quaint cafe over the road to grab a naughty sausage sandwich for lunch and whilst waiting browsed the Daily Mail...there was an article about the number of teachers prosecuted for 'misbehaving' with children at the schools in the UK (28 last year by all accounts). There was a picture of a good looking leggy blonde who apparently engaged in a relationship with a minor at an all girls school - not once was the word 'pervert' used, whenever I see the male equivalent its used pretty much every other word. She is as much a pervert as an guy doing the same to a minor male or female - but its never reported that way in the press. Just an observation...just seems odd.
  10. Clearly the law is the law, but common bloody sense is shouting out at me that if someone fires a gun through a door multiple times believing someone else is on the otherside, what other intention is there other than to kill? Even a bullet shot into someones foot can kill them, the second you point a gun and fire at someone whether there is a door in the way or not that is intent to kill surely.
  11. Who says possible job losses?! Go do your homework and stop accepting the Torygraph twist on all reporting! http://www.businessf...land-votes-yes/ As neil has already said - it is simply a position that they will want to move their licence so that they're covered by LOLR This is project Fear at its height - which is excatly hat we expected Get off your high horse. I read a number of sites immediately after the announcement, some said jobs losses some didn't so I said 'possible' - this sort of comment is the type of stereotyping you get from some north of the border thats unnecessary and baseless after having contributed very objectively so far gathering as much information from sources like the ONS unlike many who link to newspaper reports which will always be biased, for both camps. Neil responded, I read it and thought yes he's probably right so left it at that. Project Fear, really, good grief. Maybe the opposition should start calling AS effort Project Fanciful. Over and out - good luck with the vote which ever way it goes.
  12. RBS announced they would be moving its headquarters south in the event of a Yes vote...possibly some jobs shifts, but more of a administration reason (financial sectors need to be within the UK which is a stronger proposition than Scotland I would guess) - after the BP comment these sorts of things might start to sway it back to No. Its one thing to have ex/company directors of smaller businesses supporting Yes or No, another to have large business institutions actually go on record as reducing investment in Scotland in the event of a Yes vote.
  13. Apparently it comes down to the 'Reasonable Man' ruling which tries to predict what a reasonable man would have done, if Pistorius did do as this mythical reasonable man would do then its fine. Apparently according to the judge he could not have possibly realised that by shooting through the door that the person on the otherside would have died...I just dont get that
  14. Because the Scottish Yes voters know where you live ...
  15. I am confused by one issue though, apparently he cannot be done for murder because he 'could not have had the capability that shooting through the door would cause the death of the person on the otherside' - what on earth would you have expected shooting at someone in a room through a door? Surely he must have known that any impact would have likely killed them?
  16. Good poll - I remember reading an article in the US that asking the question 'who do you think will win' is more likely to be more accurate in US local elections than asking people who they would vote for and tallying it up.
  17. Yeah cant believe it, her next line on the papers is likely to be "Guilty of Culpable Homicide" but she stopped it there - like a soap opera!
  18. Interesting that the view from north of the border is generally that things aren't great, the scrapheap car example, poverty mentioned, that the system is broken. Poverty in Scotland is one of the lowest in the UK, the UK is one of the leading economies exiting the recession, the UK has completely disproportionate power of veto and rebate in the EU compared to our view on our inclusion. Unfortunately a lot of this is not understood and people always think the grass is going to be greener on the other side. Yes independence is the vote here of course, but a lot of the debate from Yes relies on people believing that they will suddenly be economically prosperous overnight as well as being independent. Scotland might well be, but as so well defined by Larfan there is no plan in place and there is not enough time between now and 2016 to put a plan in place, there is not even a baseline in place - if anything the planning and promises made by the Yes campaign to this point has been nigh on negligent. If boot were on the other foot and I understood that the Yes vote is about being independent AND the consequences that brings I just couldnt bring myself to tick that box.
  19. Looks like he is not guilty of pre-meditated murder, an acquittal has also been ruled out, so he is going to be guilty of something, depends on what and how long he gets ...anyone else following it at the moment?
  20. Have the Yes campaign put a cost against the change? I would imagine in admin and personnel alone it will run into tens maybe even hundreds of millions?
  21. I can understand them not having an answer to EVERYTHING that would be tough - but to at least be a bit more prepared. It feels like there are some things that have been badly ignored whilst we all ranted on about who owns the pound...
  22. I really dont get why all the English members are getting so wound up and making it personal? I wouldn't say ALL are getting personal (then follow it up with a statement saying we are stereotyping the Scots!) - personally, I do find it somewhat personal as not many Scots seem to think that this will impact me. If the UK breaks up then by default it loses 8% of its economy overnight, that has completely unknown repercussions for England within the UK and who knows what will happen, it certainly won't be 'as you were chaps' - its going to affect the rest of the UK, so not sure why their view isn't valid and in some cases people get a little riled like we have seen with some Scottish posts on the thread also. I don't think I remember seeing over 26 pages of this any Englishman saying that you shouldn't get your say, I think most of the comments are along the lines of daft/baseless claims and promises by Yes campaign which in effect allows them to make up stuff at will to win support whilst the Nos have to stick to the known truths and that moving politicians north of the border isn't going to suddenly create a building full of caring and understanding people who have Scotlands interests as a whole at heart.
  23. Phew, managed to recover my account after some imposter hijacked it for the last few weeks, so where did we get to on this debate about those overweight deep fried mars bar eaters wanting to run stuff themselves then - all they are good for is working on oil rigs aint they
  24. Can someone confirm for me (in all seriousness), that the referendum is simply for an independent Scotland, it doesn't mean that AS will actually be in power - surely there will need to be a general election following any Yes vote?
  25. Well said. Glad I'm of the younger generation Instead of the wiser and learned older generation
×
×
  • Create New...