Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. coldel

    350z Market

    Yes but the original point was it is 'so much car' but values are so low - I pointed out that so much car means different things to different people.
  2. Bought a few bits off them, offered good advice and prompt responses
  3. coldel

    350z Market

    The point was that there are plenty of other sports cars (whether you rate them or not) in the same boat as Zeds, high running costs, potential for big bills, fuel, tax etc Yes a one litre fiesta for £5k is not as much 'car' but in terms of practicality, cost of running etc it makes Zeds, Boxsters etc look pretty horrendous - and its these things that are important to some people.
  4. coldel

    350z Market

    Yes bargain in terms of power, performance and looks but a total loser if you talk about mpg, having to use super unleaded, VED, cost of running in terms of parts and tyres, practicality etc. There are plenty other cars out there in the same boat, performance a plenty but pretty cheap, RX8, Boxsters and the like.
  5. coldel

    350z Market

    You could also argue that DEs and HRs are on the whole going up in mileage, getting more rust etc so the value of them will drop because on the whole you are getting less car (we all were on here saying prices had bottomed out two years ago but they have slipped further) - until suddenly there are not many left and they become collectors items and prices go up again. I don't think people are generally selling too cheap, some sell out of panic because they didn't realise the running costs yes, but the majority will not sell cheap if they can confidently get more for it, that doesn't make sense. Cars generally sell for what people will pay for them.
  6. Definitely. But my parents who have developed some level of common sense at their age would rightly say 'dont be so bloody stupid'
  7. The mind boggles, it really does.
  8. Not at all, I said in both posts that a nice boost is welcome - but generally I cant see why it takes some ego boosting social media nudge for people to donate to a charity - it just all seems a bit false to me (yes I know it might offend that but just trying to be objective and most people know me as not an offensive guy!) that charities are relying on peoples social media ego to get a cash boost. My point is more that people should just sit down one day, have a think, pick a charity, and if you can spare it set something up to give monthly - it would make such a big difference in the long run if millions did that than just dunking water, giving a fiver and never bothering with that charity again.
  9. My point was more that people are doing this to get a bucket over head video on facebook, and donating to a charity they know little about or have any reason to donate to - how many will continue to donate? I give to a particular charity regularly after something happened to a very close friend of mine, I do it anonymously and without any expectation of a pat on the back. I'm no saint for doing this but I find the point of these things gets lost with those looking to do it because they want their 15 minutes of fame for doing so. I wonder how many people would have bucketed themselves if they had to commit say a tenner a month ongoing? But like I say, fair play to the charity that started it, a nice boost in income, and nice to remind people that such a small amount of money donated can make a big difference.
  10. Going to play the bad guy here, I am with SMD find this sort of thing wrong. That people are doing it not because they want to donate to charity, but more interested in just sticking a video on Facebook showing them getting doused in water. I wonder how many people would do it if they got doused in water but didn't post it on Facebook? None? Maybe, at a guess. Pick a charity that means something to you, donate regularly not just a one off, get no social media kudos...fair play if you want to, but shame that it takes social media peer pressure to do it. ...flame suit on
  11. Red bulb for reverse?
  12. £18 delivered, it is a very weighty gear knob perfect for the zed gearbox!
  13. Looks a brilliant day people - shame I couldn't make it would love to have seen that variety of cars bombing around, and can't wait to see the Pumpkin!
  14. Best to put the molegrips on the base as you can twist the shaft and damage the gearing if you do not secure it.
  15. Noooo black requires so much polishing...hang on....
  16. Why do I get the feeling you were just going to buy a 159 all along Ian!
  17. The mentality of people never ceases to amaze I think we should just stick a sticker in the window that says 'Dont be jealous, this car was cheaper than a 3 year old Fiesta"
  18. I have megs plastx plus a buffer pad attached to a drill - works a treat!
  19. Would love an Evora, what a car. I would avoid all the motorway barges as well due to the sheer number and monotony of them - although you could cheat and get an Alpina or something? Or just go for a mental Lotus http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s2/lotus-exige-scura-2010/2713348
  20. Some flaking of the chrome on the bit near the mono name on the gear knob but otherwise in good condition. It is held on with three grub screws. £23 delivered or £20 collected if you are near me TW10 One side with the flaking Other side in good condition (note this as its not a screw on type can be mounted facing any direction. ...and how it looked on my Skyline when it was fitted
  21. Think it took less than an hour to change the plugs a few years back, and I am a complete numpty with spanners. As Tricky said, absolutely no difference between your £100 iridiums vs copper its just how long one set lasts vs another - I have just put a £12 set of coppers in my Skyline as I do change them frequently enough anyway and very happy.
  22. We're all nasty baaaaaarrrrrssssttteeewwwwaaarrrddsss argh!
  23. Makes for a good reason to work on your flexibility!
  24. coldel

    WouId you?

    I would bet it ends up looking like a Z4 once they trim it back if it goes for £40k Nothing wrong with turbo engines
  25. This
×
×
  • Create New...