Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Many will bleat on about how spacers basically turn your car in a 1973 Citroen Diane but personally I think that's a load of old @*!#. That really doesn't sound right unless you are slatting it around corners or tracking it. I could hardly notice it at all regardless of how I drove (20 ml all round)
  2. Wasp in the headlight.....its the only real explanation.
  3. Ricey

    Chuck the soot

    The ultra reliable Audi is already going in for: -Something loose in the boot lid -Small patch of corrosion in the middle of the door -Horrific vibration through the steering wheel at 80mph (which apparently they will refuse to do because that speed isn't legal and therefore cannot test drive) so I've just told them to balance it Least it's costing me nowt. Flex the merc thread is in the archives somewhere......gearbox was shot. 1500 quid spent and about 2700 spunked in total in 5 weeks in value and repairs. Rear view mirror assembly fell off. On the plus side that's all thats gone wrong this week.
  4. Isn't a company car is a taxable benefit in kind (ie you get the benefit of a 'thing' rather than a monetary amount) and the allowance is also a taxable source of income (you get 550 and x amount is taken in tax from your payslip). Eg company car max allowance £550 a month means your tempted to get a car as close to the value of £550 as you can to milk the benefit in full but you will pay x£ in tax on this high figure. Take allowance in cash and you pay tax as above on the £550 allowance but you can go get a less flash car for £200 a month and pocket the difference. Summary - Company car gets you a flash car as a taxable benefit in kind (I.e You pay tax out of your wages) Allowance gets you a less flash car and potentially a bit of cash in your hand after you have paid tax on the 550.
  5. If I was the judge and you came to me with that @*!# excuse I wouldn't give you 6 points.......I'd instruct the court bailiffs to take you into my chambers and fist you until you realised the error of your ways.
  6. congrats!
  7. Tarmac sportz - hey my names Chrissy and I have tiny balls It'll inspire pity and intreague.
  8. Utter disgrace.
  9. Are you fitting these in a Peugeot? The interior light flashes when the doors are open and ignition on? If in doubt out it back the way it was and leave it Audi. I thought that so i checked the other side but it was perm lit.
  10. WTF! Swapped them around....red to brown and black to red/black stripe and the exact same bloody thing. Flashes once ever 4 or 5 seconds. I can't get it to stay lit.
  11. Okey doke will do. I was worried about swapping them round because it is lighting up for a second so I assumed I'd got the live to live but something was going nuts and I didn't know if it would cause any damage if I wired it wrong. I was just using the strip connectors to see if their working. I'll sort it proper once I've tested that they work..........honest
  12. Led mate. Like this and it's going into an existing led puddle light http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-LED-SHAD ... 3567wt_826
  13. We had husky put down didn't we?
  14. Help me this instant!
  15. Chester was definitely on the cards because they had a petition in there to sign
  16. Can you live with it if it's broken and undrivable? If yes then do it as there is little risk of affecting you day to day. If you need the car as a daily driver with no back up then I'd make sure it's at least mechanically sound.
  17. Trying to wire up some ghey puddle light things in the existing puddle lights but Im clearly cocking it up and I don't want to fry anything! Basically the wires don't match and tinterweb is crap.......I've wired the red to the red and black and brown to black but all I'm getting is a second of light every 5 seconds exactly What am I doing wrong!? Red and black striped and brown Red and black to the new puddle light
  18. Can't be bothered reading 9 pages of this crap but from the pics it looks like its been made into another hideous unwieldy nexus sized phone. Someone please tell me I'm wrong because ive got an s2 and I hate it for that very reason......the iPhone was always such a nice size, feel and look of materials.
  19. +1 classic car will be annoyed if cheapened by non classic colours and will breakdown in a furious protest
  20. Answer phone..... Make animal/sex noises until they hang up
  21. Mong This is all
  22. No offence taken I'm happy you and others actually take the time to read my threads, getting feedback and opinions (positive and negative) is great - maybe I should get out more But out of interest why? Jus different, a passion for Mini's or because brining this one back to life is going to be a real challenge? It's because Ricey likes girls cars Shut it gangsta! It's because I absolutely love seeing something at the end of its days being dragged back to life. I think that's why I like cleaning cars (as far as my restoration skills go!) because it breathes life back into them. I'm literally addicted to wheeler dealers and if I could cross breed ed china with Karl pilkington I think I'd become an uphill gardener.
  23. No offence intended but I'm genuinely more interested in this one than the zed thread!
  24. Ricey

    276 gains

×
×
  • Create New...