Jump to content

Ricey

Members
  • Posts

    8,423
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricey

  1. Mercenary **** and always has been.
  2. Ricey

    No sky for me

    I moved from Bedford to rural Norfolk and my insurance went up! how can the backwaters of yokel-land be more of a risk than living next to Bedford and Luton?? Fast rural roads perhaps equal more expensive crashes resulting in more expensive insurance payouts.
  3. There was a time when I quite proudly considered myself to be the forum mentol........that time has passed.
  4. I actually respect the reventon replica!
  5. CF pillars as well? Don't look shiny enough to be the stock plastic ones. Good price
  6. They are honestly some of the best sunset pictures I've ever seen. That car looks like its just come of the production line.
  7. Really dark green metallic
  8. Me too Boo hiss!!! Looks like a stealth bomber to me!
  9. Of course they wouldn't pay out if your circumstances have changed and you've not informed them, why would they? But then you think it's ok the claim back £4.5k of premiums that you paid even though you admit that you wasn't mis-sold and it wasn't their fault. No wonder the country is on it's arse. In theory I kind of agree but when put into practice are you going to be the one person to take a stand.........its a bit like claiming for whiplash and getting a couple of grand when ultimately you had a teeny bit of a sore neck - you wouldn't turn round the insurer and say 'actually I reckon it was only a couple of hundred quid of pain I suffered'. Again I work for a bank and as much as I disagree with 'its all the banks fault' bollocks Ive got to say they don't make anything better by slatting cash all over the place to remediate people for pain they haven't actually suffered! Who's going to turn free cash down!
  10. Takes a pair of balls to attack something like that on your own........good effort that man!
  11. But why did they send you the cheque? If you took the PPI out on the basis that you were employed and then you changed to Self employed, why would they refund your £4.5k? To be fair mate this is what I'm on about.........sold in good faith, probably didnt inform them of change in circumstances but ultimately its cheaper to write a cheque and kill the issue than it is to argue back and forth or risk FSA bumming for not completing the redress properly. In a redress situation the FSA will obviously never punish you for over egging your redress......they will however stamp all over your knackers really, really hard if your seen to be misling the customer. I reckon if the FSA had been around in the endowment mis-selling heyday the bill for banks would have been monsterous.
  12. Bearing in mind the banks are also employing contractors at a day rate of about £200 to assess these claims........most are one IQ point away from being classified as 'mentally impaired' so the actual 'investigation' of your claim ends up being spurious at best and always falling on the side of the customer rather than caution. Basically if you had PPI........your pretty much getting some money back.
  13. Ah think we were at cross purposes.......thought dan meant that getting the info from the dvla or police had no dpa implication.
  14. And how do you work that out? You can't just obtain personal data from a company because you fancy buying someone's plate......it's not public information is it? What if you drove like a ***** and I wanted to come round and stove your face in?!??
  15. Both. I've had some via bank, some via independent. All times I read the small print and knew exactly what I was covered for and what I wasn't. Sometimes I took it, sometimes I didn't. I'm really not trying to sound all holier than thou or anything, I promise, but I cannot have any sympathy with people who sign things without reading it first. Sorry Never look a gift horse in the mouth but I totally agree....I have no sympathy with anyone who did take it.
  16. Beat me to it.
  17. +1 husky took his backbox off and nearly cut his arm off with the angle grinder.......without loads of space and a massive breaker bar your going to be struggling or grinding the nuts off. Also......you need gaskets.
  18. Ricey

    Mark up!

    No mate 4300. Flogged it to a dealer in ebay.
  19. Do it yourself mate......the banks are falling over themselves to sort this out. Money is already accounted for to complete the PPI redress and they're all desperately trying to placate the FSA so they don't make them drop their shorts and have their 'salad tossed'. For once the bank should not try to diddle you.
  20. Ricey

    Mark up!

    I bought it off a dealer (granted.....probably not a car dealer but a dealer none the less!) for £5700.....that's a bloody big difference considering the value of the car.
  21. Ricey

    Mark up!

    Bought for £5700 Part ex offered by Audi £3500 Sold for £4300 But apparently now worth £7395! http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/ ... d-cars.htm
  22. Baring in mind how many go unreported as well....like the cocknosher who I bought that merc off.
  23. Heard Porsche a few times.
×
×
  • Create New...